• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs NSW Waratahs, 2011R08

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
To kick us off: new Force jersey for this clash.

http://a1.sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-snc6/197969_163317073725169_120955261294684_388358_7984374_n.jpg

M

Moono75

.....just checking its not still April fools day is it? Does this mean the Tahs will be playing in their sky blue jersey?

M

Moono75

....the Force have been involved in enough charity this season. We have given generously to the Reds, Blues and the Rebels.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Force will win by 1. They're desperate.

Anyone know when Vickerman is expected back?

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
The Force will get the chocolates here. Force are hurting, and will play with the kind of heart Waratah players just do not possess.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Surely they go home Sunday and don't leave for Auckland 'til Thursday. And the week after that just an hour up the hill to play the Reds.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Surely they go home Sunday and don't leave for Auckland 'til Thursday. And the week after that just an hour up the hill to play the Reds.

I think they're taking the long way round to gain a day preparing for the Blues, and to get a little training in at attitude sorry I mean altitude.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The Force will get the chocolates here. Force are hurting, and will play with the kind of heart Waratah players just do not possess.

Do the Force know how to hurt. In my current bitter state of mind it feels like the players just roll in to town for four months a year to break our hearts and line up a few new modelling contracts....

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

People often talk about teams being 'angry' after a loss. The most common result after a loss is another loss.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
People often talk about teams being 'angry' after a loss. The most common result after a loss is another loss.

I can understand that, but I'm not one of those people in this case. I don't think they'll be angry, just more focused perhaps.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Playing safe on Waugh, Barnes
Greg Growden
April 5, 2011

DEAN MUMM will take over as Waratahs captain and Kurtley Beale will stay at five-eighth after Phil Waugh and Berrick Barnes were ruled out of Saturday night's match against the Force in Perth.

Waugh will miss the game due to a mild calf strain, sustained in Friday night's win over the Chiefs, while Waratahs officials are still concerned with Barnes's head knock, believing he should be rested for a second week.

Waratahs coach Chris Hickey said yesterday it would be unwise to play Waugh because the calf strain ''could easily develop into a grade one tear, and that would probably be six weeks out''.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Barnes will see a neurologist this afternoon for further tests. ''We want to be certain about when Berrick comes back,'' Hickey said. ''His welfare is the No.1 priority, which is why he has been ruled out. We still have another 11 weeks to go in this competition, so we have to be mindful of each player's welfare.''

Waugh's openside breakaway spot is expected to go to Pat McCutcheon, with Chris Alcock an option after a strong club game for Eastwood on Saturday in the opening round of the Shute Shield.

The Force will be without their back-rower Matt Hodgson for at least two weeks with a shoulder injury, with Sydney University's Jono Jenkins expected to move into the vacant No.7 position.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The force always play a team for what they are worth. That's there problem. We can win against the best team in the comp and then win or loose by 1 point too the worst. This will be another close one.
They have a good chance with JOC (James O'Connor) against beal. I thought when Mitchell was first receiver a couple of times last week he looked better then beal.

Go the force!!!!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Tahs need the win badly here to get back on track. Sure they have put a couple of scratchy wins on the board in the last couple of weeks but the quest to find that early season form still continues for them. Hodgson is a big loss for the Force but Waugh being ruled out has balanced that out a bit. I presume Brown to 7, Wykes to 6 and Hockings in to partner Sharpe will happen. Hockings really needs to step up.

The Force to take this one in a thriller. Taking a leaf out of Lee Grant's book, I base that prediction on the vibe.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Can't see the Tahs losing this one, but it really depends on whether the forwards step up in Waugh's absence. They don't have a good record of that, this season or others.

Status
Not open for further replies.