• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where did we go wrong? Wallaby Recovery thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
and Damo the part about "is it me" is the wallabies comment. And no, the AB's captialise on mistakes- as theyve always done v well. Theyre not that imaginative in attacking play or 'flair'. doesnt mean that theyre shite because of it tho which is what youve ipso facto assumed.

glad everyones reading these posts properly.

Mate, with all due respect it's no surprise people misunderstand your posts, they are all over the place, with appalling spelling and grammar that makes everything you say ambiguous. This isn't English class and spelling and grammar mistakes happen, but perhaps you could take the time to check that what you write is understandable and susceptible of only one meaning.

In any case, you are still far off the mark. The All Blacks do display a lot of imagination in attack; they just do it so easily and effortlessly it looks like a stroll in the park. Take a look at some of the support running and the lines that the whole team run, forwards and backs. That sort of stuff does not happen by accident, it is all cleverly worked out, firstly on the whiteboards and then at training. But I digress.

I actually think many of your other points are fair enough.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bring back George Smith again.....:confused:
He would have been the first name on Jake's team sheet. :)

Jake did a great job after taking the Bok job from Strauli. He restored the Bok old values and picked the right players. Had an immediate impact and won the WC with that sqaud.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Mate, with all due respect it's no surprise people misunderstand your posts, they are all over the place, with appalling spelling and grammar that makes everything you say ambiguous. This isn't English class and spelling and grammar mistakes happen, but perhaps you could take the time to check that what you write is understandable and susceptible of only one meaning.

In any case, you are still far off the mark. The All Blacks do display a lot of imagination in attack; they just do it so easily and effortlessly it looks like a stroll in the park. Take a look at some of the support running and the lines that the whole team run, forwards and backs. That sort of stuff does not happen by accident, it is all cleverly worked out, firstly on the whiteboards and then at training. But I digress.

I actually think many of your other points are fair enough.
I am looking forward to the first Bok All Black test. Thats where the measuring starts. Pitty we cant have FdP. Experiense is required to hit the All Blacks hard.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
No trolling Boet. Jake show his mettle time and time again. Wish he was still the Bok coach.

I knew that, just giving you a bit of a razz up.

Though I thought you contradicted yourself a bit in saying that Jake re-instilled the Bok values back, but surely that's one of the reasons why Link was hired? The Wallabies and the Boks play different styles of footy -- both of them successful, but nonetheless different.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
What class for a guy to have a great game?
Of forward doing a Couple of runs in open field, a pass to a back who with a bit of work to do to score and missing half of your tackles?

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
What class for a guy to have a great game?
Of forward doing a Couple of runs in open field, a pass to a back who with a bit of work to do to score and missing half of your tackles?

Who did you have in mind Rassie?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I knew that, just giving you a bit of a razz up.

Though I thought you contradicted yourself a bit in saying that Jake re-instilled the Bok values back, but surely that's one of the reasons why Link was hired? The Wallabies and the Boks play different styles of footy -- both of them successful, but nonetheless different.
Jake sure know the Wallabies values via Eddie Jones, he is an Aussie now and an excellent job for the Brumbies. Always thought he'll fit right into the way they play. Anyway is way to early to judge the new coach. Difficult to start out against the measurement in rugby these days. Getting klapped like the weekend may hurt them but as long as they learn from it, its good. This weekend you can only hope for a better performance in the basics. Thats should be enough for now. If you want to beat the All Blacks, you need to play for 80 minutes, anything less and you gone.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Who did you have in mind Rassie?

Was referring to the thread on the first page as it said excellent Hooper. Kefu, Finegan and Smith were excellent. Hooper do about in 80 minutes what one of those did in a couple of phases back in their day. Other thing I noticed is when the AUssie locks take the ball into a ruck the ball seems to slow down a lot. Where is the help with the ruck cleaning?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Gee, there's no middle ground these days. Last week MMM was a ball of fury that was going to tear the Blacks a new one, this week he is surplus to requirements and unlikely to be needed again before next super season.

I guess your only as good as your last game.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Why is Hooper's ruck involvement not open to the observation that it needs to improve. If Nick Phipps does everything else well but passes like crap he would get canned. If Alexander carrier and tackles like a demon but gets bent up at scrum time some would have him on the 'never to play again' list.

Hooper played well, and was the pick of the backrow, but the Wallabies were belted at the breakdown and this is Hoopers number 1 job. His involvement in THIS aspect was sub par, even if the rest was great.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
We got bitched at the breakdown by 8 fuckers in black,working as one unit.
Hooper hitting every fucking ruck would have changed nothing.
Until we have a pack working as a unit,those pricks will bitch us at the breakdown,no matter how many times the 7 gets snotted.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Perhaps with Hooper, part of the problem was the balance of the back row. He was invisible in some early matches for the Tahs and many were wondering what happening when Cheika came out and said that Hooper was having to spread his efforts too thin to make up for others. Let's face it, Hooper is not the player you want shifting bodies at the ruck, that is the job of 1 to 6 and 8. McMeniman was meant to be a key player in shifting bodies but didn't show up and Mowen was also below his best. Simmons played alright but Horwill was below his best as well.

Perhaps with a more abrasive (and physically fit) unit like Fardy cleaning out, we will get a better sense of how effective Hooper is at the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.