• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for quality Rugby journalism???

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Wynne Gray is awful. Wrote a Fox Sports column for 6 months or so in the last couple of years, was genuine dribble

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I have not read anything by Wynne Gray for a dozen years.

Anybody who thinks that Gray wrote genuine dribble has not read anything by the master of the genre: Greg Growfat.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not sure if this belongs here but Growdens Ruck n Maul column is back in the SMH.

Highlights how the SMH is turning into a turd

1st column from the gossip columnist

Cheika not getting some performance bonuses
Clyne about to be sacked
Complaining about other commentators being too positive\excited about Aus rugby
Kick Folau in the week he resigns
Irrelevant rumours about some ex official

Faark, what a miserable clown

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
GeeRob is still listed as Chief Rugby Reporter so presumably getting Growden back was on the proviso that they made him the chief gossip columnist.

No idea why they did it.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Not one minute into the comp and this muppet is his usual negative self. I stopped reading his columns years ago, yes rugby in Australia could be a lot better but come on! how about writing something positive for a change.

Greg Gowden = Sour old man

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I actually think it's good to have somebody highlighting how poor the performance of Castle & Clyne is.

And at the risk of losing this group, even Alan Jones' first column of the year was fairly reasonable.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I actually think it's good to have somebody highlighting how poor the performance of Castle & Clyne is.

And at the risk of losing this group, even Alan Jones' first column of the year was fairly reasonable.
Yeah you are better off making a questionable statement in isolation, rather than coupling it with an assertion no reasonable person could seriously contend.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
I think the timing is wrong, do they have to jump on the attack right before the start of the season? No.

Yes we can discuss the shortcomings of RA and Co for months on end, myself personally I not even thinking Wallabies/RA, just hoping for some good rugby by Aus sides and a good comp in general, I actually can't wait to leave work and watch the first kiwi game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

So what has Castle done that is so bad?