• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leo86

So Twiggy might spend some of the Tax money he has avoided paying by offshoring sales to Singapore. Such a great bloke. Better than others no doubt, especially when he supports rugby but ..

$400 million toward philanthropy, definitely sounds like he's not giving back.

Dont bring tax into it, all the fat cats play the same in that sense.

What Twiggy is doing (outside of recent events) and has been doing for a while now is a hell of a lot more than others in similar circumstances

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

What Twiggy is doing (outside of recent events) and has been doing for a while now is a hell of a lot more than others in similar circumstances

Twiggy's a class act in every sense + a great revelation (to me at least) that he supports/enjoys rugby so avidly.

Worth reading, he's now added more words than post game:

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/07/15/11/35/force-waratahs-forrest

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
The chat after the game was telling.

The players - including the highest profile forward in the country - are adamant they're staying and Forrest reiterated his comments as broadcast.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The chat after the game was telling.

The players - including the highest profile forward in the country - are adamant they're staying and Forrest reiterated his comments as broadcast.
But neither are decision makers.
Players might have influence, if players from all franchises were militant in their support for keeping 5 franchises.
Good luck with that, the mob at the Tahs don't like they have mindset that they want to fight for anything at all.
I give Forrest's comments more weight, if he actually quantified what his proposed possible support might be.

N

NTT

I give Forrest's comments more weight, if he actually quantified what his proposed possible support might be.

Well obviously one of the countries top 10 wealthiest men saying he will back the Force "whatever it takes" clearly means he will be in at 8am Monday to Friday to make the coffees.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

Like I said, better than others no doubt, it is not and was not my point. I'm many things, but I am utterly predictable when it comes to ethics, the good does not erase the bad. (Fuck I'm Stannis Baratheon)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It sounds like there's an announcement imminent, but assuming Twiggy's done his research there would have to be more to it than just pumping some money into the WF to keep them in a defunct competition for 2 years. He's smarter than that.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
It sounds like there's an announcement imminent, but assuming Twiggy's done his research there would have to be more to it than just pumping some money into the WF to keep them in a defunct competition for 2 years. He's smarter than that.

It would be amazing if he was backing a domestic league. Unbelievably amazing. Our 5 plus Fiji would be workable fairly quickly.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
It would be amazing if he was backing a domestic league. Unbelievably amazing. Our 5 plus some of the NRC independently licensed teams would be fantastic. A quick player allocation rule to spread the Super Rugby talent and we are in business. Fiji would be workable fairly quickly.
Fixed.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I still can't figure out why we don't have a domestic competition with our 5 teams? Listening to the Bulls captain last night, he can't wait for the Currie cup to start. It'll let them re-set and fans something to focus/target before the season ends. Force could continue their momentum, rebels would of had something to work towards, etc. for gods sake just some silverware for some fans to hang their deflated hats on. I'd be more interested in watching a Force v brumbies final than rising v rams or the brumbies v whoever on the weekend.

Contrary to belief our players need more games. Last night I was amazed matt hodgson had in 10 years played 160 matches same as Cowan (130odd). Bauden Barrett has played more pro games. In the AFL/NRL you'd have almost 300 games. No wonder we lack match smarts, let alone lack of development for coaches. add to that the little amounts of games played at the private schools for those through that system. It's conceivable some players aged 26/27 haven't played 200 games if you add school/club/pro/international

Status
Not open for further replies.