• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Whether it was planned in advance or a heat of the moment response following a very emotional game he knew he was being recorded by the media and you would think a man in his position would be committed to keeping his word.

Of that I have no doubt. I think he did mean it, but likewise he's never missed a chance to get his face on the telly. Cynical? Yep.

M

Moono75

Great team result for the Force and awesome finish for Hodgo. He'll add massive value as a coach and team mentor for years to come. Really appreciate Twiggy Forrest's intervention to back the team in. Great to see a WA family, invested in the state, backing in a local team competing internationally. Thank you Twiggy
yeah.gif

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And for all those who have been energetically poo pooing my calls for the Laws of the Game to be overhauled, I hate to tell you that it has been reported that this is going to happen, and happen pretty quickly.

Apologies accepted. Let us hope that it is not too late to save our game.

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
And for all those who have been energetically poo pooing my calls for the Laws of the Game to be overhauled, I hate to tell you that it has been reported that this is going to happen, and happen pretty quickly.

My God, you're right.

We're in this problem because of the RULES.

It's all the fault of the law book.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

There is a small problem, wambers.
If they change the rules to speed it up etc etc we will be further behind

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

That is all I will ever say on this topic. You can all live in dreamworld, I wish you all the best of luck.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)

Apparently they're not changing the rules per se just reducing the word count in the book by 50%.

T

TOCC

What a pretentious comment, and for clarification, the rules aren't being overhauled.. there won't be any major changes to interpretation or how this impacts on the play of the ball.. the rules are being simplified, more or less they are trimming the fat from the wording..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Twiggy will back the Force in just to stick it up the Eastern states millionaires, as he should and we love him for doing it.
Big words when the tvs cameras are there.
Silence in the 3 months preceding,when it might have had real impact.
Nothing worse than back slappers coming in and hogging all the attention, when they are nothing more than high profile spectators.

B

BLR

Big words when the tvs cameras are there.
Silence in the 3 months preceding,when it might have had real impact.
Nothing worse than back slappers coming in and hogging all the attention, when they are nothing more than high profile spectators.

Who is to say this hasn't been worked on for the last few months by RugbyWA?

And I think it made a hell of an impact.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Why would it have more impact last night, than at the very start of their fight for survival.
I find it hard to believe that some time ago he agreed to significantly fund the Force,and both parties thought it better to not to publicise it.

B

BLR

Why would it have more impact last night, than at the very start of their fight for survival.
I find it hard to believe, that some time ago he agreed to significantly fund the Force,and both parties thought it better to not to publicise it.

I'm not saying it was agreed, just that potentially at least an understanding was being hammered out.

As for motives, I dunno man, could be multiple reasons, playing the 'establishment' in the Tahs, Hodgo's last game etc. The Force have shown throughout this process they have the means to be a viable team and have fronted up every time but we are still on the chopping blocks. Maybe that sledgehammer to finally break the bs that is established belief in the ARU was the reason a big dramatic display was made.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
What agreement could twiggy even make with RugbyWA? They don't own the license, or the force brand.

The time for that sort of agreement was before RugbyWA was effectively insolvent a year ago

He needs to be dealing with the ARU (and hopefully he is!)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

L

Leo86

I think in the alliance agreement along with "guarantee to end of broadcast" and "both parties to act in best interests of other" there was also option for RugbyWA to "buy back"

So pursuing through RugbyWA is possibly the only way and why now. I wouldnt blame an investor taking 48-72 hrs (see what i did there) to examine the books and viability and so forth.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So Twiggy might spend some of the Tax money he has avoided paying by offshoring sales to Singapore. Such a great bloke. Better than others no doubt, especially when he supports rugby but ......

Status
Not open for further replies.