• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Recently you havent been acting quite as an ally, Yes the West along with all Newspapers publish bullshit. Havent seen you attacking them as equally as The West

Well, as I have stated quite openly, I am a strong believer in the 4 team model for Oz rugby, and have been in agreement with cutting a team; with the obvious caveat that it wasn't my team. Contradictory of me? Hell yes.

I have certainly been smashing the Smiths, Peyto's, Panda's, etc of the rugby journo world during this process. I think they have behaved worse than the ARU, if that was possible, but Nick Taylor is on another level of hyperbole.

So perhaps the word "ally" is incorrect. I've wanted and tried to be sympathetic and supportive as we both went throught he same pain. But the ultimate pain is now yours and I am genuinely sorry about that, whilst also being glad it isn't me.

L

Leo86

Well, as I have stated quite openly, I am a strong believer in the 4 team model for Oz rugby, and have been in agreement with cutting a team; with the obvious caveat that it wasn't my team. Contradictory of me? Hell yes.

I have certainly been smashing the Smiths, Peyto's, Panda's, etc of the rugby journo world during this process. I think they have behaved worse than the ARU, if that was possible, but Nick Taylor is on another level of hyperbole.

So perhaps the word "ally" is incorrect. I've wanted and tried to be sympathetic and supportive as we both went throught he same pain. But the ultimate pain is now yours and I am genuinely sorry about that, whilst also being glad it isn't me.

This I can respect. (above)

for the first time in a long time ive finally got optimism about rugby in WA, having you shit on anything with out yet knowing the details just makes me feel like alot of the east dont care about rugby in WA.

Constructive critiiscm i will take, calling it fiction/pipe dream and whatever else when there are machinations in place to give this a real go upsets me, maybe im over reacting.

Im from WA
I want my team
I want a comp to support them in
Id like one day to think of the Wallabies as my team again

D

daz

for the first time in a long time ive finally got optimism about rugby in WA, having you shit on anything with out yet knowing the details just makes me feel like alot of the east dont care about rugby in WA.

Constructive critiiscm i will take, calling it fiction/pipe dream and whatever else when there are machinations in place to give this a real go upsets me, maybe im over reacting.

Im from WA
I want my team

I absolutely agree with the points you listed, and they would apply equally to anyone regardless of State affiliation.

I also said quite openly that if the Rebels were cut, rugby in Oz would be done and dusted for me, so I do appreciate the "scorched earth" feeling many of you guys and girls have.

And for what it's worth, my son played his junior rugby for 5 years (u/8 to u/13) with Joondalup Brothers and I was the team manager, before we relocated back to Melbourne. I know WA junior footy very well indeed, and I truly believe it will continue to thrive, regardless of what has occurred.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)

Im from WA
I want my team

No, you're not over reacting, he needs a mirror.

M

Moono75

Same has been said about the US for years, it would take all Twiggy's money and half a dozen others for china to give a shit about 15s rugby. Just look at football in china, millions upon millions spent on has beens to provide "marques"and the thing still struggles

Tevez signed a 40 million dollar US deal, and his nickname in china "home sick boy"
Things take time to develop. Look at the Force......just coming good, delivering home grown players, paying their way, growing the game. But lets kill it off and shut up shop. Ridiculous!

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Things take time to develop. Look at the Force..just coming good, delivering home grown players, paying their way, growing the game. But lets kill it off and shut up shop. Ridiculous!

The big difference is that 7's is now in the Olympics for the time being, changes everything, not hard to see.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
I have been pondering the various comments, coming and goings and media presentations by the ARU and TF.

My conclusion is we are wandering into hhhhhmmm dangerous nay wrong word, hhhmmmm potentially dangerous areas.

Why we have a senate enquiry into a sport somewhat amazes me and is highly unusual.

We have some much evidence that national domestic competitions work in Australia but both the ARU & TF competitions are very internationally based.

It appears to be a case of almost civil war between the ARU & TF, no winners in this if the betterment of rugby is the required outcome.

Seems more likely than not that South Africa will leave Super Rugby to Europe but retain the test series. BTW I have been saying this for about 8 years now and it has not happened so I could be wrong.

My desire has always been to be more like the other codes and to take a leaf out of how FFA spent years talking to its various stakeholders to develop their FFA Cup and National Premier League.

I have always said it will take 4 years to develop a plan B with the support and input of the rugby community.

Leadership and vision and communication and trust is essential moving forward. I don't see any of this at this stage by either side and this is were i see a potential danger.

We could simply keep arguing taking pot shots at each other and before we know it we have arrived at a point when we need to change and only limited preparations will have been made.

Whats the answer I don't know, but the lack of trust, believed favouritism, and general sense of business incompetence by the ARU board means we need change and to ?????

We need today a new leadership group, who can command the trust and respect of the greater rugby community to get us all on the same page. Alas time is running and and I have no idea who to appoint to such a position.

Alan Jones and Brett Patworth spring to Campo is home now.

Ideas anyone.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I have been pondering the various comments, coming and goings and media presentations by the ARU and TF.

My conclusion is we are wandering into hhhhhmmm dangerous nay wrong word, hhhmmmm potentially dangerous areas.

Why we have a senate enquiry into a sport somewhat amazes me and is highly unusual.

We have some much evidence that national domestic competitions work in Australia but both the ARU & TF competitions are very internationally based.

It appears to be a case of almost civil war between the ARU & TF, no winners in this if the betterment of rugby is the required outcome.

Seems more likely than not that South Africa will leave Super Rugby to Europe but retain the test series. BTW I have been saying this for about 8 years now and it has not happened so I could be wrong.

My desire has always been to be more like the other codes and to take a leaf out of how FFA spent years talking to its various stakeholders to develop their FFA Cup and National Premier League.

I have always said it will take 4 years to develop a plan B with the support and input of the rugby community.

Leadership and vision and communication and trust is essential moving forward. I don't see any of this at this stage by either side and this is were i see a potential danger.

We could simply keep arguing taking pot shots at each other and before we know it we have arrived at a point when we need to change and only limited preparations will have been made.

Whats the answer I don't know, but the lack of trust, believed favouritism, and general sense of business incompetence by the ARU board means we need change and to ?????

We need today a new leadership group, who can command the trust and respect of the greater rugby community to get us all on the same page. Alas time is running and and I have no idea who to appoint to such a position.

Ideas anyone.

Quick answer is get rid of Clyne, have the remainder of the board go and see RWA and Twiggy and work out the way forward.
It will no doubt mean the return of the WForce and a discussion with sanzaar that they won't like, stiff.
The alternate is death for the ARU and Super rugby.

edit: TF is about to spend 200m on multiple comp's that will make the ARU's life tougher than it is now where they can't afford a packet of PK gum.
The window to act is small.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)

Ideas anyone.

We really are in desperate straits if that unholy triumvirate is who is going to save us.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

We have a Senate enquiry because of what is being done to the game in this country. By their own admission they were 2 years away from isolvency. The action of removing the Force at best puts that back a couple of years. It's a bit like selling the TV because you run out of food, it's not a long-term sustainable solution, it's a short term quick fix.

Half, surely you are aware that it was a Senate enquiry into the governance of soccer in 1995 which led to reform in that body. The government of the day told them; no reform of governance and structure, no government funding.

Google "Senate Enquiry into Soccer" You can read the 45 page Senate report and/or the 6 page government response.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Cam Clyne is surprised & concerned that the Senate is poking its nose into ARU business & wonders if it's an appropriate use of public money (I kid you not):

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...yne-says-government-interference-is-a-concern

Gotta love that guy!
Isn't that just so Australian. And Kiwi.
He is quoted whingeing about an inquiry into the literal squandering of millions of dollars over the last decade........... to the NZ press: who probably think he's from convict stock anyway.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Alan Jones? no, no, no no!!!
Campo? You have to be joking!!
Brett Papworth? certainly the pick of the three, but we would move from international rugby being the only thing that mattered to the Shute Shield being the only thing that mattered.
Do we need a new ARU Board? Absolutely, and the sooner the better, but I'm pretty sure we can do better than an arrogant, bigoted, bully, a loudmouth, brainless walking ego and a guy whose focus doesn't extend beyond his own backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.