• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which Clubs are the Class of 2013 going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The NSW Schools and Junior Club season has to all intents and purposes finished.

Queensland Schools have one round left, and the Juniors have State Champs coming but their season is drawing to a close.

The good news is that many Colts clubs start preseason training in Early November.

The Aust Schoolboys have to remain fit for the European tour.

As always, for many 2013 rep players next year which be a dose of cruel reality. They will be playing with and against lads a year or two older and more hardened in that time. The older players will have the benefit of an extra year or two of gym work also - applied to an older body.

The step from school to Colts sorts some schoolboy stars out, and they will also discover that some of their contemporaries will be late developers in their Colts years and can catch up or even surpass them.

Do forum members have definite information on what clubs the Class of 2013 1st XV players will be going to?

It would also be useful to record the movement of boys who will be choosing to play Fivekick.

Please try to limit the maybes or rumours particularly those with where you name specific players, because these forums are widely read, and inaccurate reporting or rumour mongering can be harmful on a number of levels.

Buster

Chris McKivat (8)
The Season is all done and dusted.

Any hints on what clubs the 2013 graduates will pop up at next year for Colts?

Who have we lost to the Mungos?

HJ, following my scouting at the old boys function after the game last weekend, i dare say a lot of the Scots boys will be wearing the myrtle next year, with their coach also being the 1st grade coach at Randwick, and playing the same style of rugby which the boys seem to enjoy. I dare say most if not all of the Year 12 boys will find themselves at Coogee oval.

Will be interested to see where the Newington boys end up. Cannell and Morris especially. Does anyone know where they played their junior football?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Back of my mind is Cannell played junior footy with a Gordon club before he was locked up in the AAGPS machine.

The Highlanders would be trying to target him I would imagine. Easts, Uni and Wicks seem to think that NEW players are fair game for them to target as the "logical" parent club.

Norths would probably consider Cannell fair game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Back of my mind is Cannell played junior footy with a Gordon club before he was locked up in the AAGPS machine.

The Highlanders would be trying to target him I would imagine. Easts, Uni and Wicks seem to think that NEW players are fair game for them to target as the "logical" parent club.

The New-Wicks connection lies, I suspect, in the fact that the Convenor of GPS rugby (teacher at the school) played for the Wicks - i thought Moorea or Milne had played in the wicks juniors: someone posted it, I'm sure.
If the Scots boys link with the Wicks it blows a bit of a hole in a traditional source of Easts players, I would have thought.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Milne was a former Randwick Boys High School student. I believe that he may have played for Chooks Juniors (Crovelly Crocodiles) in mungo and Randwick Juniors (Coogee Seahorses) in heavensgame.

Simon Poidevin is also a NEW parent, and I suspect he will be keeping a very close eye on the NEW boys with a view to steering them the way of the Wicks.

Beasts have traditionally relied on Scots, Cranbrook and Waverley to provide them with Colts. With the Stallion/Wicks arrangements encouraging Scots boys to Wicks, then Beasties will need to start looking beyond their borders for their Colts. They must be doing something OK because they won 3rds Colts this year.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Beasts have traditionally relied on Scots, Cranbrook and Waverley to provide them with Colts. With the Stallion/Wicks arrangements encouraging Scots boys to Wicks, then Beasties will need to start looking beyond their borders for their Colts. They must be doing something OK because they won 3rds Colts this year.

Although that must be tempered by the fact that their 1st Colts missed out on a Top 8 finals series.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
HJ, following my scouting at the old boys function after the game last weekend, i dare say a lot of the Scots boys will be wearing the myrtle next year, with their coach also being the 1st grade coach at Randwick, and playing the same style of rugby which the boys seem to enjoy. I dare say most if not all of the Year 12 boys will find themselves at Coogee oval.

Will be interested to see where the Newington boys end up. Cannell and Morris especially. Does anyone know where they played their junior football?

I believe that Morris has been offered a gig with the Chiefs in NZ, but also has the Waratahs / Syd Uni guys on the hunt as well. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
We can expect to see a number of Scots players going to Randwick due to the Kelly influence, with the possible exception of Hamish Dunbar who would probably follow his brother to Uni

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)

Morris played for Norths not sure on Cannell.

Buster

Chris McKivat (8)
How sad is that! Many of them played all their junior rugby for Easts Wallaroos and you would have thought would follow that pathway!

I had a mate informing me all damn day on Saturday how great it would be when all the gordon boys went back to gordon next year. After some further enquiry, it seems a big number of both the New and Scots boys played some junior rep rugby (if not all) with Gordon, and tey were quite the success. This mate is involved with the grade sides, and the prospect of bringing some of these guys back had his tounge wagging. Apparently the Kellaway boys and the New captain were some as well as the Scots half Short? Wonder if this could be the start of the Gordon resurgence.

I still reckon they will all follow their coach to Randwick! Unlucky for Gordon, another batch of gun juniors heading to other clubs.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I know in both the class of 13 and 14 Gordon was very successful and had a host of players from Shore, Riverview, Scots, Newington and Joeys. Names include the Kellaways, Cannell, Morris?, Deegan, Curtain, Woodhill and Fotokuva.

You can expect many Joeys boys to head to Sydney Uni as per usual. Manly, Norths and Randwick have also become a Joeys reunion in recent years.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Brothers should have another very strong Colts side in 2014 if they receive the usual influx of Nudgee boys.

Unless they've been picked off by other clubs?

ld2b

Allen Oxlade (6)

Cannell played junior rugby at Lindfield with Deegan, Curtin & Gallagher

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ A few of the Northern NSW boys cross the border to complete their education in QLD system.

Highlanders may have been able to appeal to some of those to return to their home state.

Status
Not open for further replies.