• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Winter Tour; Wallabies v France Wednesday 7 July, Brisbane

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm the opposite. Slipper v Bamba seems odd, depending on team systems they may not even line up against each other in genernal play (any more than the rest of the tight 5). The scrum is a major issue for props, Tupou v Bamba will be fascinating.

But Tupou doesn't scrum against Bamba...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I starting to look forward to this one, I know it not a strong French team, but still got the makings of a good test. Will be interested to see how French come out of MIQ, and whether they up for it.

You know how fragile French can be at times!;)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Both major outlets reporting that Gordon will be starting. Team will be announced at lunchtime.

The inferred team is:
James Slipper, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Matt Philip, Rob Valetini, Michael Hooper, Harry Wilson, Jake Gordon, Noah Lolesio, Marika Koroibete, Reece Hodge, Hunter Paisami, Tom Wright, Tom Banks.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Poor Hodgey. How many positions is that? Must be the ultimate trainer during the week to get all these chances.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good to have Hodge next to Lolesio and slipping into 1st receiver when we need his cannon. It gives us a bit of fire power out wide.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I guess the good news is that there's barely any surprises/outrages? Remember the days of Cheika or Deans who would send this forum into a frenzy.

That or we don't have more than XV talented players to debate about.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Both major outlets reporting that Gordon will be starting. Team will be announced at lunchtime.

The inferred team is:
James Slipper, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Matt Philip, Rob Valetini, Michael Hooper, Harry Wilson, Jake Gordon, Noah Lolesio, Marika Koroibete, Reece Hodge, Hunter Paisami, Tom Wright, Tom Banks.

Tate misses a shot here and may find it tough to break in going forward. I think Gordon is fab, look forward to seeing what he can do, it's just that takes opportunities may be slipping.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Tate misses a shot here and may find it tough to break in going forward. I think Gordon is fab, look forward to seeing what he can do, it's just that takes opportunities may be slipping.

Well he'll be on the bench. Given he's uncapped I'd call that an opportunity.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
With that, I'd go a bench of

16. Lonergan 17. Bell 18. Ala'alatoa 19. Timani 20. Naisarani/leota 21. Mcdermott 22. Ikitau 23. Daugunu

However I would be concerned about starting Hodge @ 12 instead of being insurance as no. 22.

You have a rookie 10, then the back up 10 (who is also the backup 15...) is just returning from a large injury layoff and already on the field at 12. Bit of exposure there if things go pear shaped.

Would be the same as JOC (James O'Connor) and To'omua, but Hodge would still be on the bench and JOC (James O'Connor) and To'omua are a lot better then Noah and Hodge.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Biggest miss is for R Lonergan his goal kicking at the end could win us game, the dudes the best kicker in oz. But yeah Gordan this year looked fantastic, I was never really impressed till this year.