• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Winter Tour; Wallabies v France Wednesday 7 July, Brisbane

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
So it's looking unlikely that Queensland will have fans at the game Press Conference at Noon, but looking like several clusters in SEQ they appear to be largely contained but with so much COVID out in the wild I doubt the QLD Gov will be okay with a large event.
At minimum I'd expect reduced capacity, but I'd expect it not be unlikely to see no fans.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So it's looking unlikely that Queensland will have fans at the game Press Conference at Noon, but looking like several clusters in SEQ they appear to be largely contained but with so much COVID out in the wild I doubt the QLD Gov will be okay with a large event.
At minimum I'd expect reduced capacity, but I'd expect it not be unlikely to see no fans.

No lockdown at the moment which is good. Could easily have crowds?

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
As for 'just moving it', there are a lot of logistics involved. You can't 'just move a test match' let alone move it in a few days, heck even a few weeks was a massive task.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
As for 'just moving it', there are a lot of logistics involved. You can't 'just move a test match' let alone move it in a few days, heck even a few weeks was a massive task.
If there was no crowd allowed and the French were in Sydney till the day before it wouldn’t have been hard to move it. Academic now by the sounds of it anyway, which is a good thing.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah. I think you're really not understanding everything that's involved with a test match. You've got a tone of crew for the facility, 50 odd people for the cameras minimum, plus the broadcast crew. A heap of officials - at least 10. Plus the players 50 odd, team coaching & medical staff. We're talking hundreds of people, millions of dollars of equipment, and that's all without a single person in the stands.

Moving a Test Match in a few weeks is incredible, days is impossible.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The point was to move it to somewhere that wasn’t in lockdown, that’s the bit you’re not understanding. Logistically it’s no different to the NRL moving Thursday nights game from Sydney to Newcastle. Broadcasting would be the biggest issue but if 9 + Fox could do it I’m sure 9/Stan could manage it. Anyways, moving on, fortunately we don’t get to find out.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
WhatsApp-Image-2021-07-03-at-18.29.29.jpeg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Demba Bamba against Tupou will be a great battle. That's a pretty talented team. In saying that, the average number of caps is 6.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Very mobile backrow, potentially lacking a bit of raw strength but quick and rangey. Macalou is great fun to watch and Woki on the bench is the best line out jumper Kane Douglas has ever played with apparently.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I've watched a fair bit of France over the last couple of seasons but I can't say I know a lot of those names particularly well.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Demba Bamba against Tupou will be a great battle. That's a pretty talented team. In saying that, the average number of caps is 6.

I must admit I don't understand comparing props with their opposite number when the scrum is the only time they actually battle with another prop. Surely it would be Slipper or Bell v Bamba.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’m guessing we will get a team announcement today some time. Apparently it was picked on Thursday.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I must admit I don't understand comparing props with their opposite number when the scrum is the only time they actually battle with another prop. Surely it would be Slipper or Bell v Bamba.

I'm the opposite. Slipper v Bamba seems odd, depending on team systems they may not even line up against each other in genernal play (any more than the rest of the tight 5). The scrum is a major issue for props, Tupou v Bamba will be fascinating.