• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Winter Tour; Wallabies v France Wednesday 7 July, Brisbane

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Hate to disappoint some of you prone to overreaction but he will- he had an average game but his core skill set is still better than Tate’s and every halfback looks impressive coming on the field on the 60th minute against a tired/ disjointed pack..

Yeh honestly i was about to come to gordans defence (i honestly didnt think he was that bad) but i cant agree with your comments. I was one of probably many that thought tate should start. Honestly i really dont see how gordans "core set of skills are better". Even if that statement is true, i dont know how he's not our best 9

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
His passing and kicking accuracy is better- that’s straight up what it means. The Wallabies coach has publicly said it himself who probably has a fair understanding of core skills.

Anyway I think we need to move on from To’omua; he was brought in the team for experience and to take pressure off Lolesio but instead Paisami did most of the play making and To’omua threw bad passes and was inaccurate at the breakdown. We could have had Ikitau playing with Paisami and we would have been better off.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Fun test match honestly.Wasnt pretty at times and honestly it could have very easily been a loss but coming back from 15 nil down against france is nothing to sneeze at...looks like itll be a fun series

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Muppetry is not closing the game out.
To be honest, it was headless chook from us in the last 5-8 mins until that last lineout when France went full-rétard and Mcdermott pounced. It was a good break for us, and, to their credit, they got it done.
So, a bit muppet, at least!

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I’m not sure what LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)’s trigger is, Thorn managed to pull it a few times obviously for some big games, but the bloke doesn’t seem to have the same amount of ooooopht that he did. By no means one of the worst players on ground, but I’d expect his work in contact to be a bit more dynamic.

If I were a selector I’d be starting Swain next game, dropping LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to the bench and Hope that ignites him. We want him to have the type of go forward Uru was providing for the Reds, and he is capable.
It was strange because he was quiet but he also looked to have improved on some of his weaknesses. I don’t think he went in too high to contact once and he didn’t give away any cheap seatbelt tackle penalties he has been guilty of in the past. I’m hesitant to fiddle too much with the locks because our lineout was very solid both offensively and defensively.

RichieMo

Frank Row (1)
A very entertaining end to the match. I think the Wallabies will glean a lot of self belief and confidence from this game. To come back from 15 points down to win in the 82nd minute is a great effort. I am very happy for the Wallabies an all Australian Rugby fans. Well done!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If you were Tate, you'd be speechless at what more you need to do. Two fundamental miss tackles by Gordon, another fundamental mistake by rolling the ball in the ruck, a forward pass that disallowed a try and a woeful pass to your 10.

Failure to get the ball out of our scrum which led to turnover and a try to France. Box kicking too long to be contestable. Box Kick out on the full from outside the 22. The list is long.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Guess it's tough to come back from injury into a test match.. Maybe Tate should have started with Gordon on the bench.. Whites been a massive lose.. more then JOC (James O'Connor) IMO

Yeah, this test has really shown the benefit of Nic White to the Wallabies. But Tate is next best by a country mile.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah, this test has really shown the benefit of Nic White to the Wallabies. But Tate is next best by a country mile.
That’s bullshit BR and you know that- White has had countless shockers in his career where people have been screaming for him never to play another test again.

What this game showed is that coming on against a tired and disjointed forward pack is alaways going to suit a player whose core skills are sniping and running the football.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hate to disappoint some of you prone to overreaction but he will- he had an average game but his core skill set is still better than Tate’s and every halfback looks impressive coming on the field on the 60th minute against a tired/ disjointed pack.

Swain, Hooper and Koribete were good- the real disappointment was To’omua; he was invisible during this game and his goodwill must be close to empty at this stage.

core skill set , pity gordan could not use that against a 2nd string side when he was on. Even the tired 80min players found a 2nd win when Tate came on. It was like they were waiting for him

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Just finished watching the replay as could not watch live.

I thought we were going to lose that and was ok with that as entertaining game and first hand can see how French rugby much stronger then many past decades as this is their first / second string and they were great. It was just good to see a quality contest and I was ok with oz performance...hunter just love his options he takes and yeh they might not always work but love the vision. To’omua I did not sight much so is this because he is just not the dominant player..forwards lot to like...

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Just finished watching the replay as could not watch live.

I thought we were going to lose that and was ok with that as entertaining game and first hand can see how French rugby much stronger then many past decades as this is their first / second string and they were great. It was just good to see a quality contest and I was ok with oz performance.hunter just love his options he takes and yeh they might not always work but love the vision. To’omua I did not sight much so is this because he is just not the dominant player..forwards lot to like.
Just saw your post Eastman on To’omua - good to see not only one who thought was invisible...To’omua to me was starting after last years wallaby effort then this super campaign which equally invisible on..to me confirmed To’omua dead man walking wise as hunter 12 ikatau 13 better option for me

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I’d give Swinton a shot- at least he runs hard aggressive lines and it’s always a bonus when when he’s not carded.