• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby

• it's awesome

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • it's awesome but I'm not the target market for this

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • it's rubbish

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I watch it for the spunks

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I can only watch the top level stuff

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Maybe women's rugby can save the whole stupid sport

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • It'll be wild when the transgender blokes turn up for a game haha

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Does GAGR have ANY women members?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Just Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Stupid Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was great to see Wallaroos pick up 2nd win, shows what a bit of time togetrher and the confidence from a very good win last week can do. I wasn't watching game and was a little disappointed the only place I could follow it online was on NZ stuff, ROAR didn't even have it on. These giels seriously deserve support, and not just from RA.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Moving Pesi Palu from 13 to 6 has been a surprisingly good move. Shame about the red card yesterday. She was having a blinder of a game until then.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wales have real discipline issues around silly things at ruck time. Also, every one of their mauls was illegal. They could be so much better.

Our girls were exemplary first half then 15 minutes of madness in the second, but we hung in there.

Two swings in a row against 6N opposition is great. Further investment will help us get closer to the top 3

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Here me out this is by no means an anti women's rugby rant

This is why WXV doesn't work.

I loved every second of the Wallaroos game last night & we have significantly improved over the last few yrs while loosing players hand over fist to the other code. Watching the 1st half of France v Canada you can see the level of womens footy is improving & certainly hasn't dropped off from the success of last yrs wc which had a bloody great final.

Playing in neutral stadiums less than 20% full is a hard sell. Just imagine last night was at wests under lights sell out with the crowd right on top of it. This year the Wallaroos have played 8 matches with only 2 at home. I'm sure this comp is great for WR (World Rugby) & Mastercard but is doesn't help the atmosphere of the game matching whats happening on the pitch.

ps i just did a quick flick & there is about as many at Fra v Can women as there is at the jail rugby mens test.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
From every point of view the standard of the women's game has improved enormously since Mrs Wamby and I started watching it. I thought that the loig competition would scoop the talent pool, but it looks as though a lot of women want to play rugby. Also, a big thank you to Buildcorp.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
What is the reason they couldn't have a proper tournament where they all played each other once and then had a grand final? Is it just money? Or they worried in then becomes too similar to the world cup?

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
From every point of view the standard of the women's game has improved enormously since Mrs Wamby and I started watching it. I thought that the loig competition would scoop the talent pool, but it looks as though a lot of women want to play rugby. Also, a big thank you to Buildcorp.
the mungos have had a massive pillage from what I've seen. And they throw barbs at us for not developing our own players.... The Goldman Sachs of Australian sport.....

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ruby Tui sticking with XV's & intent on raising SRAupiki's profile to the point it can realistically go fully pro. At 31 it's probably a better option than 7's but like she says she's already got an Olympic Gold plus world titles so no more boxes to tick in that format.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At the other end of the scale 19yo Jorja Miller has signed to the 7's program through to 2027, the longest-ever contract for an NZ women's player & the first of many such long-term deals according to NZR.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Niall Williams Guthrie unveiled as Loss Bleus' marquee Aupiki signing & immediately says it's just a fill-in between NRLW seasons & her main goal for 2024 is the RLWC. Kinda makes you wonder why they bothered signing her.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Ellie Draper signed today with Wynnum Manly, a feeder for the Broncos.

She has been pretty prominent young player for South’s, The Reds and is a current Wallaroo squad member.

I’m not really across the whole women’s league stuff, but is it now like the men’s and the feeder clubs are paying players?