• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The Aussie game shows how poor they are at smart rugby. 10mm from scoring after pick and drives and then throw the ball 15m back to a contest.
It's almost like they keep passing the ball waiting for an overlap. No deception in attack. Just catch and pass.

The referee was all over the place with scrums. Australia showed they were dominant but then let wales getaway with everything and even call scrum resets when Aussie clearly win a tight head.

The high shot yellow card. There were many high shots by both sides. An attacking Wales player elbowed an aus player in the head at pace arm extended and It didn't even get looked at. Unless a player makes a massive deal out of it the refs and tmos don't look.

Great to have the win though

Last edited:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I agree. Sara Cox was downright awful. The breakdown decisions were horrendous and the scrummaging calls were baffling. The lineout error was just totally unacceptable.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
didnt canada get a bp? eng cant catch them now

Yeah, BP try after FT & after USA had a player binned for a deliberate knockdown. So Canada get USA again & Australia do indeed get England.

NZLCAN
VV
WALUSA
vv
ENGFRA
VV
AUSITA

I'm going Eng v France final. Boring.

NZ can take France on a good day but that England 10 will be too much for them to handle so you're probably right:(

Edit: on second thought wouldn't the SF be NZ/ Wales v France/ Italy & Canada/ USA v England/ Australia?

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HT England 29-0 SA: five tries, four from rolling mauls. Harrison's got it on a string again. SA played 20 minutes with 14, YC in 14th (high tackle) & 32nd (early counter-drive).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, BP try after FT & after USA had a player binned for a deliberate knockdown. So Canada get USA again & Australia do indeed get England.

NZ can take France on a good day but that England 10 will be too much for them to handle so you're probably right:(

Edit: on second thought wouldn't the SF be NZ/ Wales v France/ Italy & Canada/ USA v England/ Australia?
I think you’re right

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I almost choked on my breakfast this morning when I read this one Pfitzy... one of your best mate

I saw multiple decisions that were either simply just wrong, or not required to be called, by Cox

I didn't say perfect - just better.

@qwerty51 stating "just awful" is questionable. Is he a highly critical amateur ref as well?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.