• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pfitzy the power you yield. Batibasaga benched.

Wallaroos team to play England at Waitakere Stadium, Auckland, on Sunday 30 October, 1:30pm NZDT / 11:30am AEDT

Liz Patu – Queensland Reds
Adiana Talakai – New South Wales Waratahs
Bridie O’Gorman – New South Wales Waratahs
Michaela Leonard – ACT Brumbies
Grace Kemp - ACT Brumbies
Emily Chancellor – New South Wales Waratahs
Shannon Parry (C) – Queensland Reds
Grace Hamilton – New South Wales Waratahs
Layne Morgan – New South Wales Waratahs
Arabella McKenzie – New South Wales Waratahs
Lori Cramer – New South Wales Waratahs
Sharni Williams – Australian Rugby Sevens
Georgina Friedrichs – New South Wales Waratahs
Bienne Terita – Australian Rugby Sevens
Pauline Piliae-Rasabale – New South Wales Waratahs

Reserves
Tania Naden – ACT Brumbies
Emily Robinson – New South Wales Waratahs
Eva Karpani – New South Wales Waratahs
Sera Naiqama – New South Wales Waratahs
Piper Duck – New South Wales Waratahs
Iliseva Batibasaga – New South Wales Waratahs
Cecilia Smith – Queensland Reds
Mahalia Murphy – New South Wales Waratahs

Pokinacha

Jim Clark (26)
Be a bit harder with 14 players. Yellow carded for tackling when off feet. How often do we see that with no sanction in most rugby games?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ NZR don't schedule RWC matches & it astonishes me that WR (World Rugby) can be like "oh, yah, NZ were always going to be in QF1 regardless of their seeding" & no-one questions it.

Last edited:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think NZ could beat England (and beat France). Their attack is stunning atm and whilst England have the pack power their backs aren't as good.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ backs don't need to be that flash when they've got Harrison & Scarrett to pin the opposition deep in their own territory & that forward pack to take advantage of that field position whether by scrum or lineout drive. Not sure NZ can get the ball wide enough often enough to counter that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SF1 teams named:

Black Ferns: Renee Holmes, Ruby Tui, Stacey Fluhler, Theresa Fitzpatrick, Portia Woodman, Ruahei Demant (co-c), Kendra Cocksedge, Liana Mikaele-Tu’u, Sarah Hirini, Alana Bremner, Chelsea Bremner, Maiakawanakaulani Roos, Amy Rule, Georgia Ponsonby, Phillipa Love; Reserves: Luka Connor, Krystal Murray, Santo Taumata, Joanah Ngan-Woo, Kennedy Simon (co-c), Ariana Bayler, Hazel Tubic, Ayesha Leti-I’iga

France: Emilie Bouldard, Joanna Grisez, Maëlle Filopon, Gabrielle Vernier, Marine Ménager, Caroline Drouin, Pauline Bourdon, Romane Ménager, Charlotte Escudero, Gaëlle Hermet (c), Madoussou Fall, Céline Ferer, Clara Joyeux, Agathe Sochat, Annaëlle Deshaye; Reserves: Célia Domain, Coco Lindelauf, Assia Khalfaoui, Safi N'Diaye, Marjorie Mayans, Alexandra Chambon, Lina Queyroi, Chloé Jacquet.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pretty much as expected for BFs WOB, maybe Holmes at 15 and Leti-l'iga to bench only little surprise, but can understand the reasoning.It's good when you feel that good players can't make starting line up.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I think they see Holmes as a better defender than Tui but if they can get on top I'd expect Holmes to come off, Tui to 15 & the pocket rocket come on just to give the French D something different to contend with.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ I think they see Holmes as a better defender than Tui but if they can get on top I'd expect Holmes to come off, Tui to 15 & the pocket rocket come on just to give the French D something different to contend with.
How bloody good is it to see how much interest there is in the game, I really never thought that it would catch on to extent it has and the number of girls who have become household names. It's not just the Woodmans,Tui Ruby, players like Fitzpatrick ,Demant are bloody good rugby players with good brain seemingly. Same as forwards,Mikaele-Tuu,Bremner sisters, Roos ,Love etc are good players as well as the Hirini and co who is a class 7 in my opinion.
I really looking forward to the game big time!
Been great to read about the ex players etc who have been helping out too Dan Carter, Richie M, Conrad Smith and more all been going into camp helping out, Dan C there at least once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.