• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I've been a fan if the women's game for a while now. Sure, the skill level isn't always or even often up to that if the elite men's game but I just love the fact they do things that are coached or de-selected out of the men's game somewhere between 1st XV (which I also very much enjoy watching) & elite level.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ I've been a fan if the women's game for a while now. Sure, the skill level isn't always or even often up to that if the elite men's game but I just love the fact they do things that are coached or de-selected out of the men's game somewhere between 1st XV (which I also very much enjoy watching) & elite level.
Yep I am a real fan of first XV game WOB, always recorded and watched if I at club, and even Mrs Dan really enjoys it (as well as women) and mush for same reasons you mention.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
^ backs don't need to be that flash when they've got Harrison & Scarrett to pin the opposition deep in their own territory & that forward pack to take advantage of that field position whether by scrum or lineout drive. Not sure NZ can get the ball wide enough often enough to counter that.

Exactly - all England backs need to do is tackle, get back up, and tackle again. Repeat until the pack catch their breath and turn the ball over or get a penalty.

Kick downfield, maul the shit out of it, get a penalty, repeat until try.

Simples.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyway, should probably worry about France first - who have not been quite the same team without Sansus, it must be said.

They seem to be a less boshy version of England, but still have a good kicking game and slightly better backs, with a mobile pack.

Looks like a dry track, so should be entertaining.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ I'm very much worried about France first but I think we can beat them as opposed to will beat them.
Seems that the feeling form most WOB, and it makes it exciting, the whole CAN instead of SHOULD even is good. I wish more would actually understnd it's not a taken ever, but this is maybe closer than a lot.
I actually say I will be pissed at anyone get's into Ferns if they lose!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Missed the opening 20 but since I've been watching Canada are well in the contest. England getting very cynical around the breakdown & lineout maul, now under a warning as Canada score to potentially level up with HT imminent... kick is good, 12-12 after 36. Go Canucks!

Edit: that's disappointing: Canada fail to clear then give away an easy three. HT 15-12.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dumb footy from Canada: Pom prop in the bin & they go lineout not scrum 5m out; throw is croocked so Poms take lineout & exit. No wonder the guy in the Canuck coaches box looks like he's about to launch his headset.

Edit: Poms will be back to 15 momentarily & no damage done scoreboard-wise, that's probably enough to see them home.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep Poms seem to have this WOB Canucks look like they worn out., they still giving it everthing though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ sometimes legally...

How was the lifting tackle on Ruby Tui not a YC? Well past the the horizontal & no attempt to bring her back to ground safely. Pleased she didn't milk it 'cos I hate that shit but maybe she should have?

Status
Not open for further replies.