• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2021/22 (World Series, Oceania, Comm Games & R7WC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hayes with another massive error from the kick off. Top two inches.

Some weak contact work from is leads to Russia's 4th try and they go 24-14 up.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
We hang onto the ball and score. Levi in after what I considered a lucky penalty to us.

24-21 with 4 minutes to go.

Levi wins the restart but loose pass from Caslick turned it over. Russia slowing it down.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Russian lineout not 5

Levi misreads. Russia score.

We hit back. 29-26. Russia yellow card.

40s to go

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Good reminder that this team ain't all that. They've got a few frailties.

Time to aim for bronze.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
We are out.

That game showed the worst of our historical bad habits - the ones that let us down against NZ time and time again.

Simple handling errors under no pressure. Caslick's long ball just outside the attacking 22 was never a sound option with possession and the lead on the line. Discipline and smarts against more physical teams.

Disappointing.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
G
I didn’t watch the Ireland game, but they looked quite good against the US. US were garbage though, commentators criticism of Perry Baker was worth it alone.
We are out.

That game showed the worst of our historical bad habits - the ones that let us down against NZ time and time again.

Simple handling errors under no pressure. Caslick's long ball just outside the attacking 22 was never a sound option with possession and the lead on the line. Discipline and smarts against more physical teams.

Disappointing.
Got to give credit to Russia though as they were playing only with 9 players due to Covid hitting their squad. This was a great against the odds victory for them.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
G

Got to give credit to Russia though as they were playing only with 9 players due to Covid hitting their squad. This was a great against the odds victory for them.
I'm not taking anything away from them. They used the simple game plan that our current squad get popped by occasionally - muscle up and rattle us.

Their veterans were superb.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Manenti WALSH needs to get the Sports psych into a room and try to understand why we get equal parts tentative and foolhardy when the pressure comes on.

Once NZ and Fiji are back on the circuit we will fall back to the pack.

Last edited:

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm not taking anything away from them. They used the simple game plan that our current squad get popped by occasionally - muscle up and rattle us.

Their veterans were superb.
They definitely out muscled Australia and agree their veterans gave some of the Aussie’s a lesson .

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Both teams a little shaky this weekend at times, coaching changes may not have helped. We had some real momentum out of dubai. Not saying we can beat the boks tonight but its going to be a great effort if we did.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I've watched Krisi Kuridrani play for my club team over a number years, back when he was fresh out of school and ended up with a Broncos U20s contract, and up to last year when he played 13 for Premier Grade. He's been a great player for GPS.

It definitely seemed a weird time to pick him for the national 7s team. He looked to have lost a yard or two of pace at club level, and didn't seem as agile as prior years. I haven't watched any of this tournament, but judging by the comments, the selection has missed the mark, as many thought it would.

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
Dowling and Dunbar got a fair bit of time on the park in the last series (and looked really good) and didn't get much time this time. The team dropped off a lot of tackles vs England was the main difference. For the girls, did you see winx get run down - first time ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.