• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Competitions 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mighty 'nua & Clippers both victorious, 38-28 v PovBay & 20-17 v Buller, respectively.

EDIT: WaiBush now fourth, 'nua eighth so both in the playoff zones.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If you maintain any consistency, then I dread to think what you must make of Wellington.

And why is anyone still surprised that Tasman's de facto Super Rugby squad is annihilating everyone? Their average score this season is 37-10. They've only conceded double digit points three times in eight matches. They've only twice failed to score more than 25 points a game. It's a procession that makes the 2015 RWC look like a contest.

oh mate, didn't I tell you ? I like Wellington:D , lived there for a few years, honest truth is I don't hate Auckland, I just find it got no soul, I mean if I could put up with place long enough to go there enough ,I may find that it has one. it reminds me of Sydney too much for same reason, not enough character!
You right about strength of Tasman's team, but they still seem bloody well coached!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Today it's all about The Log........

ORFU_300-X-100.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just to cheer zer0 up.......

IF Waikato take the Shield today.....

AND Taranaki take it off them next week....

Auckland get the last Challenge of the season.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Quinn Tupaea may have just scored an instant classic a little reminiscent of Arthur Stone back it the day.

Damn, he knocked it on in making the intercept.

EDIT: and of course Otago go 80m & score at the other end.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shield safe for another week*

Otago 45 (Vilimoni Koroi 2, Slade McDowall, Jona Nareki, Aleki Morris-Lome, Henry Purdy tries; Josh Ioane 3 pen, 3 con) Waikato 35 (Penalty try; Samisoni Taukei'aho 2, Simon Parker, Mitchell Jacobson tries; Fletcher Smith 4 con). HT: 20-14

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...rilliance-helps-otago-repel-waikato-challenge

* hard to see the Death Star Stormtrooper Cantabs not dragging it back to Cheechee next week for the summer, but.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Shield safe for another week*

Otago 45 (Vilimoni Koroi 2, Slade McDowall, Jona Nareki, Aleki Morris-Lome, Henry Purdy tries; Josh Ioane 3 pen, 3 con) Waikato 35 (Penalty try; Samisoni Taukei'aho 2, Simon Parker, Mitchell Jacobson tries; Fletcher Smith 4 con). HT: 20-14

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...rilliance-helps-otago-repel-waikato-challenge

* hard to see the Death Star Stormtrooper Cantabs not dragging it back to Cheechee next week for the summer, but.

Whats wrong with the MooLoos?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ new coach, heaps of new players & not enough old heads pretty much covers it.

2:30 Saturday it's all on at Solway Park, FGirl's Clippers v mine & Dan54's 'nua (although I see Dan has a boot in each camp). Glory awaits someone!