• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final New Zealand vs Ireland

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
You don't think it's just the players who slow things down for a breather do you? He's not as young as he use to be Nige :)

Haha Maybe

I think he’s a fabulous ref. As you say though, he’s now missing things he didn’t used to

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
giphy.gif

That's funny

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Anyone think NZ are struggling at 13 since Smith retired?

Goodhue is vulnerable I think. Good but not great

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone think NZ are struggling at 13 since Smith retired?

Goodhue is vulnerable I think. Good but not great

Don't disrespect the mullet! Also he's 24 with 9 test caps. For comparisons sake, Conrad Smith had 6 caps at his age, and didn't establish himself as the undisputed starting centre until he was about 26/27 years old.

Goodhue and ALB will be the next long-term midfield. They'll go to the 2023 RWC, and possibly 2027.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'm very surprised at how sluggish Ireland have been . Slow line speed from the first 5 minutes. I said to the Mrs at 15 that the game was over and she was surprised, but they just didn't have the fire tonight. The look on Schidt's face 30 minutes in showed he knew it too.

That said I picked the ABs to win, because I felt that Ireland peaked last year and are just missing a couple of key players. However the ABs have stepped up and are playing their best game of the year. This is a complete performance.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
@zero

Fair comment. I guess I’m hoping for cracks.

I think we were spoiled with Smith being the finest defensive organiser ever, whereas I think mullet-boy is more attack oriented

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Whatever Barrett is made of you could coat a non stick pan with.

What a great line in the commentary

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So my next fav NH side would be Wales.

I am now rooting for Wales

Go for France and live on le édge. I'd certainly like them to open up Pandoara's lesser known box of madcap frogs and fart out a win against Wales.

EDIT: Plus they're apparently in the midst of another player revolution. Means we're approaching peak RWC France. If they somehow beat Wales, they'll produce their requisite one unbeatable match per tournament before collapsing in the final. Get on the roller-coaster.