• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
scotss beat newington. Riverview smahes Scotts
Newignton lost to knox and knox lost to joeys. Riverview shashed joeys
Riverview must definetly be favourites, dont know y people think newinton is so good
Once you see Newington play you will realise why they are favourites. Having watched both all the GPS "contenders" i can assure you Newington are clear favourites, the size of there pack is just too big and strong for anybody. Although, with the regular 5/8 being injured and young Lussick playing at 5/8 now, i would say that for View the way to beat them would have there quality backrowers i.e Whitely and Wells, simply run at Lussick all day. He might not have a bad pass but from what i saw of the kid, his defence will not be able to stand up to a barage of traffic his way.

T

TigersFan5

This is true "dermo" i think the size of New against the all round running game will see View get up, but that is to say that newington have a bad day. View have plenty of raw talent and newington have i think 10 players from last years winning 1st XV back, so it will be interesting to see the result,
Anyone know when they play??

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
This is true "dermo" i think the size of New against the all round running game will see View get up, but that is to say that newington have a bad day. View have plenty of raw talent and newington have i think 10 players from last years winning 1st XV back, so it will be interesting to see the result,
Anyone know when they play??
They play this weekend at New. I think New will get up by about 15, as View rely to much on the dominance of there forwards, from what i saw last week there backs are nothing special and the New forwards if they play to there potential should be to strong for the View forwards.

T

TigersFan5

They play this weekend at New. I think New will get up by about 15, as View rely to much on the dominance of there forwards, from what i saw last week there backs are nothing special and the New forwards if they play to there potential should be to strong for the View forwards.

See i think oppisite, although i'm now in two different mind sets.
I think New will be hungry for a big win after a shocking team loss to Scots, and will be firing at the View back line.
However i still think that view will run rings around there big loppy forwards, (mainly 1.2.3.4.5.) and new will have trouble at times defending the every running looseies of views pack and backs.

M

muffinman

i see newington number 8 a weakness. he cant keep up with the play and if hesitant at rucks and mauls. he is the main weakness from new. i would running at him all day.

T

TigersFan5

i see newington number 8 a weakness. he cant keep up with the play and if hesitant at rucks and mauls. he is the main weakness from new. i would running at him all day.
Have a name for him MM, i hear the 7 is shocking to, lazy and gets tired quickly??? but that is just what i have heard from GPS sources

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
See i think oppisite, although i'm now in two different mind sets.
I think New will be hungry for a big win after a shocking team loss to Scots, and will be firing at the View back line.
However i still think that view will run rings around there big loppy forwards, (mainly 1.2.3.4.5.) and new will have trouble at times defending the every running looseies of views pack and backs.
1 and 3 are to big to run around, the rings circumference would be kilometres :p

T

TigersFan5

1 and 3 are to big to run around, the rings circumference would be kilometres :p

Hence my earlier statement, they get to tired too quickly, with pace of the View looseys and the skill of some of the Backline, i think New will do it a bit tough if they find themselves behind on the scoreboard at halftime

M

muffinman

Have a name for him MM, i hear the 7 is shocking to, lazy and gets tired quickly??? but that is just what i have heard from GPS sources

new are definatly not favourites this year by the sounds of there team, based on results view are favourties but this doesnt mean they are a step ahead of everyone else. the comp is set to be a very close one. im predicting an upset from grammer, there front row can play well, but they wont be genuine contenders

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
Once you see Newington play you will realise why they are favourites. Having watched both all the GPS "contenders" i can assure you Newington are clear favourites, the size of there pack is just too big and strong for anybody. Although, with the regular 5/8 being injured and young Lussick playing at 5/8 now, i would say that for View the way to beat them would have there quality backrowers i.e Whitely and Wells, simply run at Lussick all day. He might not have a bad pass but from what i saw of the kid, his defence will not be able to stand up to a barage of traffic his way.

Will Lussick be targeted as much by the view back rowers as deegan was in trial? maybe this will be problematic for the newington line as ball wont be spread as well

Q

QuadeCooperFan

would anyone be able to provide a full strength team list for riverview?

M

muffinman

baldwin may be quality, but hes not fats and not great around general play, defence errors cost him

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Anyone with anything bad to say about the whole New back row is living in cloud cuckoo land ! They are quality from what I have seen...

T

TigersFan5

Anyone with anything bad to say about the whole New back row is living in cloud cuckoo land ! They are quality from what I have seen...
Not what was said after scots vs newington game...
The 7 was a red head, dont know if that is Baldwin, but he was shocking and other sources confirm this

B

baldingwingforward

riverview captain wells was not at all impressive he was good around the breakdown but did not make an impact

Do you know anything about rugby Muffinman? What does a player have to do to make an "impact"?!

Towards the end of the game Wells made 3 consecutive big tackles on forward runners one of the ruck. And then there were all the carries and about 4 or 5 line breaks that he made, oh yeah and then there were at least 3 try saving tackles and pieces of broken play that he cleared up. Oh yeah and then all of the clean ball he supplied at the lineout... But yeah he had a quiet game! Oh i forgot he scored a try...

I'm not quite sure why people give him such a hard time. He may have been lucky last year to make Oz schools, but this year i have seen him play a couple of times and he has been outstanding. Like a man playing against boys. Muffinman, you must have been watching a different game against Joeys, or perhaps you eyes were covered over by your pink and blue joeys blinkers...

I tip Wells will dominate the big New pack this week... and then go after the backs! Looking forward to watching it.

G

God!

Will Lussick be targeted as much by the view back rowers as deegan was in trial? maybe this will be problematic for the newington line as ball wont be spread as well

we all know that deegan will make the 16's side, and that pat curtain is probably the best 9 in the GPS and the only reason he isnt trialing is because he is injured otherwise he would be a definate

B

baldingwingforward

Not what was said after scots vs newington game...
The 7 was a red head, dont know if that is Baldwin, but he was shocking and other sources confirm this

Pretty sure Baldwin didn't play against Scots, he had a bad back apparently. I don't think it would have changed the result in their favour but Baldwin is probably the best play in the New side IMO. He is very strong over the ball and a great defender - Muffinman your talking $#ite again.

Pitbull i agree that the New backrow is strong, or at least Baldwin and Oscar are (don't know who the 8 is?), but from what i have seen i think they will really meet their match this week when they go up against Dempsey and Wells. From what i have been told Walters and Miller of Scots dominated the New backrow. When the same 2 players went up against Wells and Dempsey they came off a distant second and both went off injured after getting belted!

T

TigersFan5

we all know that deegan will make the 16's side, and that pat curtain is probably the best 9 in the GPS and the only reason he isnt trialing is because he is injured otherwise he would be a definate

Keep dreaming "God" this is a bold statement above. But everyone is invited to their own opinion. Short from Scots has a risen as a competitor to Davis and Curtin, but Deegan should get the 10 spot i agree

G

God!

Keep dreaming "God" this is a bold statement above. But everyone is invited to their own opinion. Short from Scots has a risen as a competitor to Davis and Curtin, but Deegan should get the 10 spot i agree

yeah deegan will, davis can have pats spot but then they might not go as well because yeah curtain is a freak

Status
Not open for further replies.