• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
39-24 to SPLC

so either eddies or ash will need to beat iona if they want to share the premiership.
Will be tough, Iona looked like they where really starting to put it together today against lauries. iona centre pairing where sensation, a few sore shoulders for lauries boys tonight

7ajax7

Stan Wickham (3)
As predicted, eddies lose and Ash on track to win premiership. Iona watch out for an on fire Ashgrove side playing at ASH

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
As predicted, eddies lose and Ash on track to win premiership. Iona watch out for an on fire Ashgrove side playing at ASH
ash on fire? talk it up. went down to eddies last week and today down 18 to 5 at halftime to villa?
the boys in black must be shaking in their boots;)

mates95

Allen Oxlade (6)
ash on fire? talk it up. went down to eddies last week and today down 18 to 5 at halftime to villa?
i might add that it was also against an understrength villa team missing mcbride.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
39-24 to SPLC Eddies showed glimpses of what they are capable of but peters on fire

St Peter's number 15 had an outstanding game. Man of the match imo.
Eddies backline bombed a few tries with that last pass going astray.
Is this the same team that beat Ashgrove.

7ajax7

Stan Wickham (3)
Everyone's obviously angry and doesn't want to accept the fact that ashgrove are on their way to at worst a three way tie premiership. With a former Australian schoolboys coach at the helm they will not lose an other game. My prediction is Ash, Eddies and Iona 3 way premiership

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
Everyone's obviously angry and doesn't want to accept the fact that ashgrove are on their way to at worst a three way tie premiership. With a former Australian schoolboys coach at the helm they will not lose an other game. My prediction is Ash, Eddies and Iona 3 way premiership

Obviously Peter's could prove a challenge for Ash and Iona (have they played?) respectively, this is beginning to make for quite an interesting wrap up to the season.

mates95

Allen Oxlade (6)
Obviously Peter's could prove a challenge for Ash and Iona (have they played?) respectively, this is beginning to make for quite an interesting wrap up to the season.
Iona played peters in round one. Iona won 21-20 if i can recall. I know they won by 1 point. Iona dominated the whole game. Wilkin was yellow carded and Peters came back with some late points.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Don't think it was 18-5 at halftime, just at one stage during the first half. Score at half time was 21-12 or 18-12 I think.

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
OK lets look at the situation as it stands
Iona still undefeated, Ashgrove lost 1 (to Eddies), Eddies lost 1 (to Peters), Peters lost 2 (to Iona and Villa)

Draw to come
Iona - Eddies, Ash, Padua
Ash - Padua, Iona, Peters
Eddies - Iona, Padua, Villa
Peters - Lauries, Pats, Ash.

Of these Peters has the easiest draw, but they have already lost two, the best that they can hope for is a historic 4 or 5 way tie (see next post), to do this they would have to beat Ash at home and there would be an upset somewhere else in the meantime (to the tune of one of the weaker teams beating one of the contenders). So SPLC are nuisance value at best.

Ash will need to beat both Iona and Peters to gain a share of the premiership and on results so far, they could win both, one or neither of those games, so Ash are not the sure thing to get a share of the spoils that some forum posters are suggesting.

Iona are undefeated, and only have to beat one of either Eddies or Ash to take a share of the premiership (assuming they beat Padua), but again both will be tough games and it could well end up that they beat neither.

Eddies have a good draw - you could assume that they will beat Padua and Villa, but Villa can be nuisance value too. To me that means that their destiny is in their own hands. Beat Iona and they are guaranteed a share of the premiership.

That to me means that the Eddies v Iona clash is the pivotal one for the season and it is next weekend. If Iona win, they can afford to drop the Ashgrove game and still get a share of the premiership. If Eddies win, you would think that they will go through with only one loss for the season and a share of the premiership. To the winner the spoils!

Havealook

Allen Oxlade (6)
And for a real bazaar scenario - ring your Indian bookmaker friends and get odds about this - a historic five way tie!

Ash - Win v Padua, Win v Iona, Loss to Peters (losses in the season to Eddies and Peters)
Iona - Loss v Eddies, Loss v Ashgrove, Win v Padua (losses to Eddies & Ash)
Eddies - Win v Iona, Win v Padua, Loss v Villa (losses to Peters & Villa)
Peters - Win remaining 3 games against, Lauries, Pats and Ash (Losses to Iona & Villa)
Villa - Win remaining 3 games against Pats, Lauries, Eddies. (Losses to Iona & Ash)

Of these scenarios only the Villa - Eddies game could be considered to be a genuine upset.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
And for a real bazaar scenario - ring your Indian bookmaker friends and get odds about this - a historic five way tie!

Ash - Win v Padua, Win v Iona, Loss to Peters (losses in the season to Eddies and Peters)
Iona - Loss v Eddies, Loss v Ashgrove, Win v Padua (losses to Eddies & Ash)
Eddies - Win v Iona, Win v Padua, Loss v Villa (losses to Peters & Villa)
Peters - Win remaining 3 games against, Lauries, Pats and Ash (Losses to Iona & Villa)
Villa - Win remaining 3 games against Pats, Lauries, Eddies. (Losses to Iona & Ash)

Of these scenarios only the Villa - Eddies game could be considered to be a genuine upset.

this is why I would love to bring back finals footy, for and against top two into a final, played at Ballymore gold coin donation anyone?

believe me a share premiership doesn't feel the same as an outright and I'm certain a fiveway premiership would feel very hallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.