• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It's been confirmed that Stephen Moore is the new Brumbies captain for 2015.

No word on a leadership group as such but there's still a bit of time before pre-season training commences to work that out.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting..........

The Brumbies have watered down head coach Stephen Larkham's comments that hardman Pat McCabe has retired, saying the 26-year-old's playing future hinges on a meeting with the Wallabies' doctor.

However in a bizarre twist, the Brumbies quickly played down their head coach's comments, sending out a clarification on Twitter just hours later.

"Contrary to reports Pat McCabe has not yet retired. Pat has a meeting with (Wallabies doctor) Warren McDonald today, statement coming Thursday, not before."

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
dc6bb44bbb217f5043e3a0ed0f98baf7_normal.jpeg
UC Brumbies @BrumbiesRugby · 5h

Contrary to reports Pat McCabe has not yet retired. Pat has a meeting with Warren McDonald today, statement coming Thursday, not before.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That is interesting because I heard the very same interview with Steve Larkham that other reports quoted.

I guess we will know more tomorrow once the statement is released.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely it's a technical thing to do with him being released from his contact on medical grounds? If it ain't, it should be.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
An open letter from Pat McCabe:

It has truly been an honour to represent the Brumbies and the Wallabies over the past five years.

While my playing career has not ended the way I would have liked, I consider myself extremely fortunate.

Fortunate to have met and shared experiences with special players and coaches.

Fortunate to have played against opposition from around the world representing my country and province.

And fortunate to walk away from the game with life-changing friendships and memories.

While the next chapter of my life is both exciting and terrifying in equal measure, I know that the lessons I have learnt in rugby will serve me well.

It is an incredible game, has given me so much more than I could have ever dreamed of, and I will miss it immensely.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has made it such a special journey.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/pat-mccabe-open-letter-20140827-108zva.html#ixzz3BbPhcIed

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies awards night tonight.

Any predictions on Best back, best forward, people's choice and the big Brett Robinson award?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
It's been confirmed that Stephen Moore is the new Brumbies captain for 2015.

No word on a leadership group as such but there's still a bit of time before pre-season training commences to work that out.

I don't know what Moore was doing up here but last week I seen him being signed into the Army base in Darwin. Plucked up the nuts to have chat with him and he said the knee was coming on well.

Bloody nice bloke also might I add.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I don't know what Moore was doing up here but last week I seen him being signed into the Army base in Darwin. Plucked up the nuts to have chat with him and he said the knee was coming on well.

Bloody nice bloke also might I add.

They were testing M1 armour plates on his head ;)

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
  • ActewAGL Community Player – Henry Speight
  • Shawn MacKay Most Outstanding Young Talent – Jarrad Butler
  • Stallion of the Year, Supporter’s Choice – Henry Speight
  • Best Back – Matt To'omua
  • Best Forward – Sam Carter
  • Brett Robinson Player’s Player – Jarrad Butler

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
mid 180s centimetres.
guessing 184-187

i have watched him closely all year.
he is a very good forward.
i expect him to get a gold shirt some time, although i am not sure what number will be on its back.

Status
Not open for further replies.