• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
New arrivals so far are Nigel Ah Wong and Sean Doyle and I believe Tom Staniforth, Michael Dowsett and Allan Ala'alatoa have been upgraded to the full-time squad. I think the plan is to see who shines in the NRC before filling the rest of the squad.

A guess at the line up for round one next year, assuming everyone is fit:

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Fardy
5. Carter
6. Fotu
7. Pocock
8. Butler
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Tomane
12. Lealiifano
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. McCabe

16. Siliva
17. JP Smith
18. R Smith
19. Staniforth
20. Smiler
21. Dowsett
22. Coleman
23. Mogg

According to JP Smith on Twitter a cpl of weeks ago, he isn't signed. Sounds like he wants to though. Ruan has for 1 year I think.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Bit off topic, but Clyde Rathbone's brother Dayne is a (very weird) stand up comedian. He's pretty funny, if you're sufficiently open-minded.

Anyway, they made a youtube doco about him, which is interesting in its own right, but also gives you a bit of a look at Clyde (and the circumstances around him leaving South Africa).

I should add: Dayne is occasionally Brumby Jack.

Here's Episode 1:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bit off topic, but Clyde Rathbone's brother Dayne is a (very weird) stand up comedian. He's pretty funny, if you're sufficiently open-minded.

Anyway, they made a youtube doco about him, which is interesting in its own right, but also gives you a bit of a look at Clyde (and the circumstances around him leaving South Africa).

I should add: Dayne is occasionally Brumby Jack.

Here's Episode 1:
Pretty sure after Anzac day he wasn't / shouldn't get that job again.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
According to JP Smith on Twitter a cpl of weeks ago, he isn't signed. Sounds like he wants to though. Ruan has for 1 year I think.

From the SMH /CBR times (Fairfax Media). Now signed are Smiler and Mann-Rae. Ita Vaea is making his comeback. I can't confirm if Brumby Jack has been resigned yet either.

DEPARTING BRUMBIES
Laurie Fisher (director of rugby), Ben Mowen, Clyde Rathbone, Leon Power, Andrew Smith, Ruaidhri Murphy, Jack Whetton, Conrad Hoffmann, Tom McVerry, Lachlan McCaffrey, Lionel Cronje, Tony Thorpe (manager), Warrick Harrington (analyst), Hamish Macauley (physio)
ARRIVING BRUMBIES
Nigel Ah Wong, Tom Staniforth, Michael Dowsett (upgraded to full-time), Allan Ala'alatoa (upgraded to full-time), Sean Doyle

Tim&Bingo

Chris McKivat (8)
Its off season but Bernie is laying the foundations for the future:

The two-time champions are setting up a "USA Brumbies" academy system based at Arizona State University. Potential recruits will train in the US with the aim of earning a Super Rugby spot.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/brumbies-search-united-states-for-hidden-super-rugby-stars-20140731-zyzgh.html#ixzz397ugisO5

This is a really smart move on the part of Brumbie on many levels and could be a significant development in S-Rugby - If a few USA laddos make the grade for SuperR and the US Rugby development continues positively all of a sudden those TV rights start to develop very different values

Good on'em!

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
This is a really smart move on the part of Brumbie on many levels and could be a significant development in S-Rugby - If a few USA laddos make the grade for SuperR and the US Rugby development continues positively all of a sudden those TV rights start to develop very different values

Good on'em!

If successful, this move could give the Brumbies the largest catchment area for talent of any of the Aus conferences. Like the idea of scholarships for selected US players. Wonder if it could be reciprocated so that some promising ACT talent could spend a year or two at the US Academy? Would be good for both parties I'd think.

Reactions: mst
T

TOCC

Brumbies have signed Rory Arnold - a bit of a giant at 208cm and 130kg

images

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I saw him towards the end of the season around the Brumbies thinking 'that bloke is pretty tall' but didn't know who he was at the time.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Ha ha. Understand the charges were overthrown. Is he really 208cm? That's a giant amongst giants.

From what I have read about the incident, most were pretty critical of the referee's and TMO on the day and even more so about the judiciary. The judiciary officer found him guilty "on the balance of probabilities" which was later reversed. The question that was levelled but unanswered was the contact to his head that some pointed out as obvious due to having a players arm squeezed around his head and across his mouth.

All history but gives him a cult'ish and scary back-story to make other players think twice! Seems pretty mobile from the bits and pieces of video I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.