• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 QLD Club Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah they seem to do a good job. Been interviewed by them a couple of times (that's how I found out about them)

S

scrubber

Jets said:
Yeah they seem to do a good job. Been interviewed by them a couple of times (that's how I found out about them)

just had a squiz - looks great - congratulations to Jeff or whoever

D

Doc

Don't get too comfortable, I don't think it will be around too long. Lot of issues and they are spending an absolute truck load of money.

As they boys here will tell you rugby sites don't get huge amounts of traffic. more about the love.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Bit of a try fest at Shaw Park on Saturday, with Uni taking the lollies 49 - 35. Norths were brave but in the end Uni's forward pack was the difference. Mitchell Chapman made a significant impact at no 8. Interesting that he has chosen to play in Brisbane club.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Chappy has always been pretty loyal to Uni. Has played for them ever since he left, which is very admirable.

Anyway watch the Bank game? Any idea as to what the two yellow cards were for? Young Matty Lucas has got 2 in 3 games now apparently.

Lion

Ted Fahey (11)
On saturday I wandered down to Yoku road and watched the Bulldogs v Marist Old Boys (GPS).
It was a great game of Rugby with Marist showing better skills and more accuracy at the Break down.
With 15 minutes to play Marist were leading 27 - 20 and in the space of 2 minutes had 2 players sin binned.

Matt Pini must have had the rosery beads working over time as the Dogs attacked the Marist try line.
However the Dogs like a 15 year old boy on his first date wanted to get it over and done with as soon as possible so he could puul his pants up an go and tell his mates.
They showed little patience and didnt take the gift 3 points (twice) instead opting to take a scrum and a line out. Marist managed to turn the ball over and score length of the field.

Rob Murdoch the West premier coach would be pulling his hair out. It was a game the Dogs should have won. Most Brisbane club rugby suppportes would acknowledges that the Dogs are rebuilding after 2 horrible years of poor coaching and administration . However these are the games that they must learn to win if their rebuilding and more importantly recruitment is to succeed. In the short term it looks worse for the Dogs as Tussy Lufuatu is rumoured to be off to the NPC and Premier Colts no 8 Rob Rutledge has ligament damage to his ankle done in the opening minutes of the Premier game.

Matt Pini will be proud of his charges but results seem to be irrelevent to him keeping his Job at Yoku Rd, if rumours are correct he is a dead man walking. Mr Tony Darcy is to replace him.

Any other match reports?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Good report Lion. It looks like Wests are in for a long, long season.

This weekend will be interesting with the standout clash being Uni vs Sunnybank at Uni. Uni are top of table and will probably have a few more Reds back in the form of Taylor, Weekes and maybe Byrne. That being said it will be tough on the guys that get dropped if they do come back. I also wonder whether Mitch Chapman will be playing again? Sunnybank should also have the likes of Tapuai, Lucas and Vaalu back, as well as Holmes in the forwards.

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
As an interested party from Pomland (which should attract a volley of abuse) in the UNi v Sunnybank game, I wonder if anyone has an opinion on how the game will go and why they think so. Uni are surely the Bolter that no-one predicted at the beginnig of the season, and if they win on Saturday would surely have an outstanding chance of reaching the play-offs.
Westcombe Ranger
(The older I get the better I was)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Good report Lion. It looks like Wests are in for a long, long season.

This weekend will be interesting with the standout clash being Uni vs Sunnybank at Uni. Uni are top of table and will probably have a few more Reds back in the form of Taylor, Weekes and maybe Byrne. That being said it will be tough on the guys that get dropped if they do come back. I also wonder whether Mitch Chapman will be playing again? Sunnybank should also have the likes of Tapuai, Lucas and Vaalu back, as well as Holmes in the forwards.

I think Chapman and Taylor will play. I don't know if Weekes or Byrne will get a run. From what I hear Lucas has a cast on his leg so isn't likely to play. No one knows what Va'aulu is doing. He played at Sunnybank in 08 then went to Uni in 09. I have spoke to guys at both clubs and neither seems to know where he will play.

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
If anyone is to be watching the Uni v Sunnybank game this week, would greatly appreciate a bit of a match report. Don't seem to be abl eto find any decent ones on any of the local sites - not even the club sites. Reports I read are purely factual - who scored, when etc., rather than analytical.
Any takers ?
Westcome Ranger - Interested POM
(The older I get the better I was)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
1. As an interested party from Pomland (which should attract a volley of abuse)

2. Westcombe Ranger (The older I get the better I was)

Welcome aboard WR (World Rugby)

1. It should be, but the way results have gone recently (in rugby at least) we are feeling benign.

2. It was always so with us old blokes. Boy, did I show Fergi McCormack a thing or too when he played for Linwood. (Honestly??? .... not: the future All Black put his hip into mine and I went flying and to this day walking down the street with a cold wind coming from the south, I curse Fergi because of the ache in my hip, but I have a grim smile at the recollection. Those were the days)

B

Boomy

Results from Rd 9 from QRU website.

Brothers 54 d Gold Coast 16
Souths 27 d Wests 16
Easts 34 d Norths 5
University 37 drew Sunnybank 37
Sunshine Coast 27 d GPS 12

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I went to the Norths v Easts game at Shaw Park. The first half was pretty ordinary, with Norths going to the break 5-0 up, and unlucky not be ahead by more. Easts were really struggling with poor passes, dropped ball and nothing going right. The second half was totally different. It was like Easts had woken up. Suddenly passes stuck and there was continuity, which resulted in four tries and a bonus point. Young Joel Faulkner played at 13 and scored a brace, and Tim Walsh sparked the revival with some good kicking and clever running.

That draw at Uni has certainly stuffed the tipping.

T

TheTruth

Results from Rd 9 from QRU website.

Brothers 54 d Gold Coast 16
Souths 27 d Wests 16
Easts 34 d Norths 5
University 37 drew Sunnybank 37
Sunshine Coast 27 d GPS 12

Ah its a wonderful thing to see the Brethern perform like in the olden days

Status
Not open for further replies.