• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Australia vs New Zealand - 20 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

Dead Rubber - maybe but AB'S have evrything to lose in this game and Australia nothing. All expect the Blacks to smash us. F--k 'em lets go in hard, with a nothing to lose attitude. Who knows what will happen ???

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dead rubber, my Aunt Fanny it is a dead rubber.

The Darkness do not play tiddlewinks. They will take this be as serious as all tests.

We should expect them to come out with all guns blazing.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wouldn't winning this Test mean a record or record-equalling winning streak for the ABs? Dead rubber no way!

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
International rugby does not have dead rubbers. Too much at stake. Players have to play for their jerseys, they have to represent everyone who has worn it before them and everyone who has ever wanted to wear it. To think an All Black would not be want to batter those sunshine daisy wearing plonkers is ludicrous. Cue the Burke, Eales, Kefu tapes.

W

What2040

International rugby does not have dead rubbers. Too much at stake. Players have to play for their jerseys, they have to represent everyone who has worn it before them and everyone who has ever wanted to wear it. To think an All Black would not be want to batter those sunshine daisy wearing plonkers is ludicrous. Cue the Burke, Eales, Kefu tapes.

Little brothers always want to bash their big brothers

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
The Darkness will run on strong favorites no doubt about it but there have been much bigger upsets in the sporting world should Australia get up. It is still #1 vs #2. It will take a massive effort and the rub of the green to go our way but this one is in Brisbane and I am starting to feel that the Wallabies grow an extra leg when playing at Suncorp. I am hoping that they get some solid support on the night and don't let the Kiwi fans buy up all of the otherwise vacant seats.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Hopefully we see some injured players return. If we want to get even close to the All Blacks we'll need guys like Moore and O'Connor in the 22.

This is a great opportunity for us to show our worth heading into the NH tour. The All Blacks are 10 steps ahead of the rest at the moment so we can certainly benefit from playing them again.

Early days yet but I'd like to see this team..

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Sharpe
5. Timani
6. Higgers
7. Hooper
8. Samo
9. Phipps
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Shippley
15. O’Connor

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Douglas
19. Dennis
20. Gill
21. Sheehan
22. Harris

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm going to the game.

I'm going to take my boots, as I'm also keen to play if they need me. They don't seem to have a problem picking early 30 something locks or loosies. Given my tendency to get injured it also allows me to fit seamlessly into the current structure. They could even make me captain!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm pretty sure AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be back for this game.

I'd guess he'll slot back into the starting side either at 13 or at fullback and Beale will kick for goal.

If Moore is healthy I'd assume he'll come off the bench rather than get the start ahead of TPN.

If JOC (James O'Connor) is healthy I'm guessing he'll get a bench spot rather than be straight back into the starting side.

Robbo is definitely a chance to start after his second half performance against the Pumas. His contribution to the scrum is obvious and important.

Status
Not open for further replies.