• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Picked Wallabies by 12. I'm feeling more confident as the week has progressed. Wallabies by 19, score 39-20

Cooper bags a double, 2 yellow cards, 3 meat pies to the front rowers (not ours), in the most exciting game of TRC for the season.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Having a hard time deciding who to cheer in this one. Normally Australia were my team in the old tri-nations but I've always had a soft spot for Argentina. Never really been much of a problem until this year as you guys didn't play Argentina very often. I think I'll just cheer on both sides and let events dictate who I'm up for by the end. Hopefully it's an entertaining game.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don't post a lot because this seems to be a closed mates forum. the last time i started a thread was to raise concerns about the Brumbies last game against the Blues and I was ridiculed as a twat by most of the forum.

All i want to gently sugest is that perhaps the walls have problems with support play, which fixes continuity, I wish them the best.

I'm waiting to see whether this is a real rugby forum or a sydney bullies page

I've had worse. I defended my super rugby team & I was called a "kiwi" - true story ;). I would not say it is a Sydney bullies page either as long as country shit kickers like myself can hang around it.
If a post is offensive just report it & if need be do as I do & log out, cool off, then return. TBH this is the best Rugby site I've come across.

On the upcoming game I think support is going to be pretty vital. I can't remember if I heard it on the Rugby club but the word was we are looking to play an up tempo game, really coming out of the blocks & playing fast. If so support play is going to be even bigger if we do manage a number of breaks. We have had a tendency to get isolated, as others have pointed out. It is certainly a concern.

Is it just me getting worried for no reason or is there a real "Samoa/Scotland" feel to this game? Ma certainly thinks so, she has put money on the Argies! :eek:

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Definitely not a scotland game. The Argies have the opportunity to best the wobs, but it will be hard fought.
The way the game should be played.

Wobs by 7.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Picked Wallabies by 12. I'm feeling more confident as the week has progressed. Wallabies by 19, score 39-20

Cooper bags a double, 2 yellow cards, 3 meat pies to the front rowers (not ours), in the most exciting game of TRC for the season.

If we concede 20 points to Argentina at home that is a disgrace.

Wallabies 26-9

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
If we concede 20 points to Argentina at home that is a disgrace.

Wallabies 26-9

No Q51, if we win 39-20 that would be a great result as it would mean a free flowing game.

Can't see this as anything other than an arm wrestle.

16- 9 to us.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Long time since I've heard anyone put so much of their accent into singing the national anthem as the guy who did the Aus one just now.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
There is a whiff of Samoa and Scotland about it. In those two games we did not play our best teams for two different reasons.

Against Argentina it is the same because of injuries, more than the norm.

Am looking forward to watching the Argies against us because players come into sharper relief when they play one's own team. 1. Roncero the quintessential Italian/Argie prop: short but long on mischief a a bit of skill besides; JMH the insouciant flyhalf and world class when fit; 8. JMF Lobbe, the inspirational skipper; 4 Albacete, the hard bastard big bopper lock; and backrower Leguizamon, who can play 6, 7 and 8 and is perhaps the most gifted forward of them all.

Bring it on.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lee one difference from the Samoa and Scotland games is that Argentina are a much better side than either of those 2 teams that beat Australia.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Dave Pocock tweeted that the pub he went to watch the game in the ACT had all the TVs switched to the league and won't show the rugby live. :(

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Commentary PLEASE, even the ABC isn't providing sound, which I think is disgusting.

NRL is on FTA but they provide this shit rather than a Test match

Very disapointing :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.