• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I was pretty happy with that result, all things considered. It wasn't brilliant, it was scrappy and unorganised, but we came through when it looked like all was lost. We were easily the better team and deserved the win.

Argentina are a top-tier nation in their own right. They played with incredible physicality and commitment in defence. At 6-19 I thought "this has Scotland/Samoa written all over it- outenthused and outmuscled by a lesser skilled side", but to our credit we kept our composure and fought back.

I thought that was easily the most enterprising and creative I have seen our backline. I counted 2 or 3 actual pre-rehearsed moves! SUre, they largely went nowhere but you need to start somewhere. QC (Quade Cooper) went from the sublime to the ridiculous, not sure what to think about his game overall. Probably 5/10.

As expected we really missed Genia. Our attack around the ruck was haphazard and disorganised- but at least we had quick ball regularly. Phipps made some blunders, but came good in the end, although he owes TPN a beer for holding that Argie defender on the ground to create the hole!

And one last thing- doesn't Kane Douglas look like a test match rugby player.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Douglas had a super debut.

Douglas put in a number of good performances for the much maligned Tahs this year but I don't recall him playing better than his Wallabies debut tonight. Will be a very happy road trip home for the Yamba-ites.

Pulse slowly returning to normality following that final 20 mins...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
We better enjoy that victory. If the backline don't gell and find some form, that may be the last win of the series for us.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Like most here said, he should have got his first opportunity in the Wales series.

Well it's kinda hard to say Timani was a poor selection.. It'll be interesting to see who Robbie goes with if Timani is fit in 2 weeks. Timani still has more impact in the collisions but Douglas obviously more lock skills.

Btw, does anyone know when Sharpe is retiring, is it after Argentina or All Blacks? Argentina right?

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
Looking forward to JOC (James O'Connor)'s return for a bit more creativity. Is Pocock any chance for the back end of the championship?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Well it's kinda hard to say Timani was a poor selection..

Not untill two games ago. He took along time to find his feet at test level compared to Douglas. And I don't think he gives anything Douglas doesn't. His hits compared to his relative size are only standard and Douglas has more mongrel, which is a desparately needed quality in a Wallaby pack.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Could easily have been 20-6 in our favour at the break. We certainly have a very bad habit of making ourselves work hard for any win over the past 12 months.
Argentina again showed a lot of ticker and will be very tough at home.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Not untill two games ago. He took along time to find his feet at test level compared to Douglas. And I don't think he gives anything Douglas doesn't. His hits compared to his relative size are only standard and Douglas has more mongrel, which is a desparately needed quality in a Wallaby pack.

There's every chance they could be playing together on the EOYT. I'd be OK with that.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Timani is more effective in contact and more dynamic. Douglas runs a bit like an unco, although effective when straight. Timani more likely to pop and offload and smash a bloke backwards. He's not a lineout option though where as Douglas is great at the lineout, it's really what Robbie thinks will suit the style of play best.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Well it's kinda hard to say Timani was a poor selection.. It'll be interesting to see who Robbie goes with if Timani is fit in 2 weeks. Timani still has more impact in the collisions but Douglas obviously more lock skills.

Btw, does anyone know when Sharpe is retiring, is it after Argentina or All Blacks? Argentina right?

It wasn't hard to say at the time! Robbie needed to find his best team and some added depth during that Wales. He was forced to select from a reduced number of players for that first game, but instead of rotating in some form players for the second and third games he took the conservative option.

We are now having to try new players and new positions in an the RC instead. Most of those are forced due to either very average form or injury!

Status
Not open for further replies.