• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Not untill two games ago. He took along time to find his feet at test level compared to Douglas. And I don't think he gives anything Douglas doesn't. His hits compared to his relative size are only standard and Douglas has more mongrel, which is a desparately needed quality in a Wallaby pack.

They've both made Simmons look average at Wallaby level.

The question will be whether we could play both of them without Sharpe and still have a decent lineout.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Douglas easily best on field he puts in the effort 100% of the time compared to timanis 75%.

I know cooper made 1 or 2 bad mistakes but I have to say in attack he directed traffic well. He forced the wallabies forward, some very good plays by him ( Sharpes & mcabes short balls)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Jeez, can't we just be happy for one night that a promising new Wallaby was unearthed, and not bitch about how in your opinion he should have been picked against Scotland/Wales/NZ/whoever?

There is plenty to complain about from tonight, please don't turn one of the few positives into a negative.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
fairly certain sharpe is done post argentina.
pocock and horwill not back for the spring tour, nor genia.

i'd think locks will be douglas and timani for the spring tour. simmons or neville on the bench.
when hooper plays like he did in the second half, to be honest, i'm not even sure how much you're missign with pocock out! i mean, you're never going to want hooper and poey on at the same time and if poey is playing, you're not subbing him off. interesting situation.

beale looked better this game around. short stint, but looked better.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Shame the winning try will show clear foul play was the cause of it. Game could have gone either way.
That's a bit rich. Pulling pillar and or post into the ruck is a move straight out of the All Blacks playbook. I think it's also a stretch to say that the "impeded" player would've made the tackle. Off balanced and falling backward before TPN grabbed his boot.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Douglas easily best on field he puts in the effort 100% of the time compared to timanis 75%.

I know cooper made 1 or 2 bad mistakes but I have to say in attack he directed traffic well. He forced the wallabies forward, some very good plays by him ( Sharpes & mcabes short balls)

He is a bit of a necessary evil. I think we have to stick with him and hope those simple errors are erased from his game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I thought horwilll was back for it?

Possibly TD, but I'm not sure on Kev's status. I've pretty much made the assumption he was cooked for the season. He'll be well short of a gallop regardless. Isn't it great though to have some cover in a position that we thought at the beginning of the season we were looking real shaky in.

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another very ordinary performance from the national team tonight. Yes, it was a win, but it was disjointed, dysfunctional and frankly, I'm over it. Serial underperformers is the only phase that comes to mind to describe this 'Deans era' team. Furthermore, the game itself is in distress. Channel surfing tonight I was far more entertained watching the Rabbits and the Pies get their finals victories. International rugby (particularly the version played by Australia) doesn't flow, has more stops than starts and has far too many technical rulings that sees whistle blower regularly dominate proceedings.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Jeez, can't we just be happy for one night that a promising new Wallaby was unearthed, and not bitch about how in your opinion he should have been picked against Scotland/Wales/NZ/whoever?

There is plenty to complain about from tonight, please don't turn one of the few positives into a negative.

He was only 'unearthed' because of an injury, not because of good planning by the selectors.

And don't you think it is ironic that you are bitching about my bitching?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
They've both made Simmons look average at Wallaby level.

The question will be whether we could play both of them without Sharpe and still have a decent lineout.

Yep, Rob has some work to do now. It'll be a good challenge for him and good for the Wallabies in general to have him trying to get back in contention.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Douglas and Hooper have both shown from the get go that they belong at the highest level. Phipps was hot and cold. We really lack direction without Genia, Pocock and Horwill. Sharpie was a good captain but will not be around for long.
Graham Henry coached the Pumas very well on how to negate the threat from Cooper. I still say he is our best bet at 10 but he needs some direction from his 9 or 12 to be more effective.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Name them.

Remembering he new he had advantage for o e of his cut outs...so give me no less than 5 big ones? I think it's wrong people single cooper out constantly when realistically a lot of players make mistakes.

2 intercepts (excluding the advantage one), 2 knock ons and 1 charge down. Plenty of missed tackles as well.

Thanks to Scotty, I forgot the forward pass so 6.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Name them.

Remembering he new he had advantage for o e of his cut outs...so give me no less than 5 big ones? I think it's wrong people single cooper out constantly when realistically a lot of players make mistakes.

I am a cooper supporter, but he certainly made a lot of simple errors. I'd say 4, others you could argue it was also the runners fault.

1st half
Forward pass to Barnes
Dropped ball when covering back

2nd half
Charge down
Pass to no-one/intercept

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Name them.

I haven't rewatched the game and I've had about 10 beers, but I'll have a go at starting the list.

1. Forward pass in our 22 that Barnes couldn't catch.
2. Threw an intercept to Argentina
3. Threw a forward, bounce pass to Argentina
4. Casually dropped the ball coming back into his 22 to field a kick forcing Ioane to be offside giving away 3 points.
5. Getting charged down resulting in a try against the Wallabies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Not untill two games ago. He took along time to find his feet at test level compared to Douglas. And I don't think he gives anything Douglas doesn't. His hits compared to his relative size are only standard and Douglas has more mongrel, which is a desparately needed quality in a Wallaby pack.

Yeah Douglas is a hard case. It's good we should have competition for this role, with Pyle, Neville and Jones coming through. One or two of them is going to be world class.

J

Jiggles

Wasn't Barnes supposed to score every point hence his selection at 15?

Anyway I degres. As alway the pack was rubbish around the park. Douglas was hefty, as was Hooper. Starting front row was poor as always. Because of no front foot ball the Backs looked crap with Cooper making a number of mistakes, a fair few unforced. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) did a number of good things in defense, but was equally rubbish in attack. Ioane and Shipperley did a ton of work which wasn't their responsibility - they can hold their heads high.

Just a typical Deans close shave win really. Let the mediocracy roll on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom