• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 Australia vs Argentina - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
I hope (after we've muscled up in the forwards and not in our own half) to see the Wallabies set up with some forwards either side of the park and then just go 2 long passes to one side. Then once the Argentian forwards have started makeing there way accross 2 passes back to the original side. I think it has the potential to play havic with the Argies defensive pattern and really tire out a team that (historically at least) is regarded as a 60 min team.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Linebacker, Not related to Cardiff Blue and the old Optimism Gnome are you prechance? CB's Test match viewing preparation revolved very much around the "vibe" as well.

The Jarse vibe is aligned with BDA. Quietly confident that their efforts against the Darkness last week have physically and emotionally drained Los Pumas. I think they will be competitive for 55-60 minutes, and then the Men in Gold will start to assert some dominance and roar home under a wet sail to win by 12-15 points. Like last week though, the first 40 won't be pretty.

The return match back in Argentina will be a different story and I think we are in serious danger of having our arses handed to us in a sling.

W

Waylon

Barnes at 15 is a deans brain fart......another one

McCabe at 15 works for me. Mccabe at 12 trucking it up with the pill tucked under his wing plays right into the hands of the Argies and they'll win that contest. They are extremely physical at the breakdown and we're playing right into their hands........another Deans brain fart.

Hopefully Cooper has been practising cut 1 and loops and decoy runners...etc. But probably not. Mccabe up the middle with no variation is expected all night. see Ireland pool game RWC 2011 for blue print of the Deans simple game plan.

The first back that does a dribbly kick and hands over the ball should be replaced.

Beale dropped.........a bonus

Barnes should also have been replaced given his ridiculous short kicking game that was not in the game plan for the Perth test. It's time to bring in some accountability. Every player makes a msitake but if the plan was to not do stupid grubbers and chip kicks out of the 22 and the player did it repeatedly...............farking drop him. Another Deans brain fart. You could see Deans frustration with the short kicks in the half time interview last week. barnes should have paid the price as well as beale.

Good to see Shipperley on the wing. I'd like to see him get some ball is space against the Argies. Ioane and Ships can blow these half trackers off the park..........but Deans has picked his love child at 12 to tuck and truck. yawn

It's Link time

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How many points do you think we lose having Barnes at 15? His goal kicking more than makes up for it. A good goal kicker is basically an extra 10 points.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I can't wait for this game, traveling down from Brissie to see it, @ $30 a ticket for the cheap seats it's a bargain! A new stadium to check out with the new boys on the SH tournament block, it's a no brainer to go if you're a Rugby fan & live in the South East of Qld. ( Or Northern NSW)
I saw the Argies twice at the World Cup last year & they are far from boring forward oriented team that many make out. There is a lot of flair in the backline, if they get a bit of space prepare to be entertained.
Hopefully a good few of their supporters are on hand to add a bit of Latino atmosphere.
Get off your arses & go!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
How many points do you think we lose having Barnes at 15? His goal kicking more than makes up for it. A good goal kicker is basically an extra 10 points.

Yeah. Ask us.

Hernandez is going to put up bombs like there is no tomorrow. Will be interesting.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Morne Steyn is no Berrick Barnes though. He's not even kicking that well.

Barnes is solid under the high ball anyway.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
There are a lot of Kiwis living on the Goldie, but generally speaking, this is not a rugby town, to put it mildly. A lot of the local retirees are from AFL regions. The local A-League franchise has bombed, as has the basketball. The Titans are just hanging in, and loig is far stronger here than rugby.

The Sevens will grow, from what I have heard, people really enjoyed the first one and of course New Zealand will dominate, as usual, so the local Keewees will be there in numbers.

All in all, I am not sure what the strategy is about. Unless there were significant kickbacks for playing at Robina, it would have been far better to play this game in Sydney, where there is presumably some sort of Argentine population. Maybe the problem is the timing, with the NRL finals taking the SFS?

Wamberal, I think there are around 72,000 in SEQ, with another 100 making the trip across the dutch each week! Don't know what their birth-rate is in NZ, but they may end up having to "import" All Blacks players from Queensland!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I think everyone is under-estimating McCabes attacking abilities, I for one, think our back-line will be more attack minded with McCabe at 12 (over Barnes). No more Barnes kicking away our attacking ball but some-one actually running (even if it is straight into the opposition - at least it will be over the advantage line).

Barnes at 15? Not sure how this is going to go, hope he goes well, should suit him well as his first option is always to kick. Not sure how he will go under the high ball. Fingers crossed for a good result, either way its a better option the the current misfiring Beale.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was quite annoying to hear how often in the media it was mentioned that Barnes has never played 15 before. Well he has, played something like 5 games at fullback for Sydney Uni. He went very well there.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I was hoping that I would get that optimistic vibe by the end of this week, but the negative vibe has been getting stronger all week.

Plenty of positive vibes in our house. I have to agree that ARU on-coast promotion has been virtually non-existent, being left to local journos (mainly print and television) to source their own stories!
I'm not "blaming the (ARU) messenger", because there doesn't appear to be one!
It's hard to have an A-grade team with B-grade management.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
It was quite annoying to hear how often in the media it was mentioned that Barnes has never played 15 before. Well he has, played something like 5 games at fullback for Sydney Uni. He went very well there.
And many Tahs supporters were calling for Barnes to go to 15 and B. Foley to 10 this year.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Plenty of positive vibes in our house. I have to agree that ARU on-coast promotion has been virtually non-existent, being left to local journos (mainly print and television) to source their own stories!
I'm not "blaming the (ARU) messenger", because there doesn't appear to be one!
It's hard to have an A-grade team with B-grade management.

I saw a huge billboard about halfway down on the highway today, I don't think it's been there for long though, still, a lot more could be done, Tangawizi's idea has some legs! ;)

P

Paradox

I hope he goes well. Would solve some issues. Argies will bomb the crap out of him :)

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
I don't post a lot because this seems to be a closed mates forum. the last time i started a thread was to raise concerns about the Brumbies last game against the Blues and I was ridiculed as a twat by most of the forum.

All i want to gently sugest is that perhaps the walls have problems with support play, which fixes continuity, I wish them the best.

I'm waiting to see whether this is a real rugby forum or a sydney bullies page

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
Can I also say that I live in a different time zone. One of the Sydney bullies used my posting time to suggest that I was drunk. Rugby is a world game. Some of you guys are need to move beyond your idea of what rugby is.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don't post a lot because this seems to be a closed mates forum. the last time i started a thread was to raise concerns about the Brumbies last game against the Blues and I was ridiculed as a twat by most of the forum.

All i want to gently sugest is that perhaps the walls have problems with support play, which fixes continuity, I wish them the best.

I'm waiting to see whether this is a real rugby forum or a sydney bullies page
I wouldn't let it worry you too much mate, some of the ponies supporters here only have one eye and they are sitting on it :)

There are certainly problems with support play, we give away numerous penalties for holding on, although players who run away from support have to bear some of the blame.

Sadly it's not something they are going to pick up overnight :(

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Support play has become a problem in the last year or two. Hence we have been relying on Genia to make breaks and give us go forward.
One out runners are very easy to defend against.
Last time out we started to get some combinations going in the second half and were making some metres around the ruck and out wide and also protecting the ball a bit better. Hopefully that trend will continue this week. A couple of years ago our continuity(multi-phase) and inter-play between backs and forwards was very good.
Everyone is talking up the Pumas for this one. The press, the fans of both countries and the Wallaby players. Should be interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom