• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 S15 SA Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cheetahs S15 Official Squad:
LH: Coenie Oosthuizen, and Marcel van der Merwe
HK: Adriaan Strauss, and Hercu Liebenberg
TH: WP Nel, Lourens Adriaanse, and Trevor Nyakane
4L: Francois Uys, and Andries Ferreira
5L: George Earl, and Izak vd Westhuizen
6: Heinrich Brussow, Justin Downey, and Pieter “Lappies” Labuschagne
7: Phillip vd Walt, and Ashley Johnson
8: Davon Raubenheimer

SH: Piet van Zyl, and Tewis de Bruyn
FH: Johan Goosen, and Sias Ebersohn
11: Cameron Jacobs, and Rocco Jansen
12: Andries Strauss, and Phillip Snyman
13: Robert Ebersohn, and Barry Geel
14: Dusty Noble, and Rayno Benjamin
15: Hennie Daniller, and Willie le Roux

Juan Smith (injured), and Waltie Vermeulen (study requirements) will not tour, but are part of the wider squad.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
New one for those watching live matches in SA
Stormers
Hear the Ref at the game- Monday, February 13, 2012
Want to hear what the ref has to say whilst watching live in the stadium? Well now you can!
Sportscomm is the sole supplier of spectator listening devices for rugby in South Africa. The product is unique as it enables spectators to listen to the referee whilst sitting in the stadium or standing next to the field.
The product is not restricted to only test matches, Vodacom Super Rugby and Absa Currie Cup matches. It can also be used for schoolboy rugby weeks. The product can be used at all youth weeks (Craven Week, Grant Khomo, Academy), including some Classic Clashes matches.
The product can be used at the following games:
• Test matches (All)
• Super Rugby matches (All)
• Currie Cup (Televised matches only)
• Vodacom Cup (Televised matches only)
• Varsity Cup (Televised matches only)
• Youth Weeks (Selected matches only)
Negotiations are currently taking place between Sportscomm and SA Rugby regarding substitute players using the unit whilst sitting on the bench. This will enable players entering the field of play to know exactly what the referee has been saying during the game.
Support WP Rugby and Sportscomm and help develop refereeing in South Africa. For more information and orders visit www.sportscomm.co.za

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Stade Francais eat your heart out!! I expect one or two of the players from the other SA franchises might have some idle comments to make in passing as to the Bulls players' feminine side coming out. Interesting times, especially as the Bulls squad is rebuilding and they will not be very battle-hardened this year.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stade Francais eat your heart out!! I expect one or two of the players from the other SA franchises might have some idle comments to make in passing as to the Bulls players' feminine side coming out. Interesting times, especially as the Bulls squad is rebuilding and they will not be very battle-hardened this year.
Be carefull now, they look pretty good on the weekend against the Cheetahs. Dominate line outs, evens scrum time but they have a young midfield pairing that is going to surprise a lot of teams.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Be carefull now, they look pretty good on the weekend against the Cheetahs. Dominate line outs, evens scrum time but they have a young midfield pairing that is going to surprise a lot of teams.

I know Paarl, but they still have to play away in that jersey.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
wharrgarbl-wharrgarbl-puke-projectile-vomit-pink-demotivational-posters-1291757306.jpg

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I see the Lions snotted the Kingz 88-0.

Hilarious.

I heard there is a petition being drawn up in Pretoria in objection to the pink jersey. I'd rather we go to Cape Town in pink and beat the Stormers. Imagine that. A bunch of people rock up at Newlands in pink and purple and proceed to snot the weed smoking goats. Beautiful. :p

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)

Hilarious.

I heard there is a petition being drawn up in Pretoria in objection to the pink jersey. I'd rather we go to Cape Town in pink and beat the Stormers. Imagine that. A bunch of people rock up at Newlands in pink and purple and proceed to snot the weed smoking goats. Beautiful. :p
The Brutes may earn more support playing in Boland jersey. ;)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Hilarious.

It obviously wasn't the same Kings side that lost to the Bulls by 4?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It obviously wasn't the same Kings side that lost to the Bulls by 4?

No but possibly the one that lost to the Bulls reserves.

What's your point?

The Kings are terrible. They will get reamed week after week. It will be a worse introduction to Super rugby than we have seen with the Rebels.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I didn't really have a point I was just curious if the Kings team had a similar make-up to the one that played the Bulls because the scorelines couldn't be any more different. But you're saying the Bulls team was a reserve one so I guess that is why they struggled to beat them?

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
The Kings are terrible. They will get reamed week after week. It will be a worse introduction to Super rugby than we have seen with the Rebels.

It is looking increasingly likely that SANZAR will not accept a sixth SA team into Super Rugby and so you would think a sizeable amount of players from the 'relegated' team would become available for the Kings to contract.

It almost sounds like a rebranding/relocation exercise. My point is that while the team may be weak, I doubt whether the team(s) we're seeing the Kings put out for these games would be the team to take the field for them in a Super Rugby game.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It's all speculation. Nobody has even thought further than the first year. So what happens on the second year? Sure the good players from the relegated team may join the new team, but what about their contracts (most existing contracts will be more than one year)? I am certain no player contract currently considers relegation.

SARU has created an almighty fuckup for itself because of the same old reason for every previous fuckup. Poor leadership as always (or in this case, none).

A few years back they promised the Kingz a gig because it was a political minefield and they players ostrich hoping the Kingz would go away. Now all they are doing is making SANZAR look like the bad guy. SANZAR should dig it heels in.

Think for a minute of the ramifications this relegation system has on contracting? The weaker teams will wither only give one year contracts, in which case no good players will want to be with them, or give longer contracts and carry a salary bill for a year until they go back into the comp? It simply cannot work. It will have a weakening effect on SA rugby.

The only solution is to merge two franchises or tell the Kings thank you but no thank you. But SARU has not the gazoonas for that.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm pretty sure in leagues that have relegation the norm is for player's to simply have clauses in their playing contracts that allow them to walk away in the event of relegation, but I agree with all you've said concerning the SARU

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I am saying right now those clauses do not exist. Sure leagues like the EPL will cater for this.

Imagine the legal ramifications this will have on existing contracts? Whichever Union goes down will have a legal nigthmare on its hands.

This cannot work.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
It can work, although I agree that it will be a nightmare.

The SARU could guarantee all current playing contracts. I imagine that the better (and more highly paid) players would be snapped up by other teams, meaning only a small number of contracts (those players unable to secure a contract, or who secure a contract for less money) would ultimately need to be paid out by the SARU.

Status
Not open for further replies.