• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Ashes Part 2 - Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Playing with confidence that has been missing so from the Pomgolians.

A couple of quick wickets and the match is ours. Some rain and it could peter out to a tame draw.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'm not a fan of the only bowling Johnson in bursts of 3 overs. He just gets into it and is taken off. Root has had few probs but it is fairly obvious Johnson at least gets to him, 3 overs is not enough.

Edit: Siddle you ripper!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
MJ is not just a fancy bowler.

Bell c Johnson b Smith 6. Pom 4/163.

That is the two quick wickets ordered above. Now for the rest of the collapse.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Got a feeling England will be all out for 323 or 326. If they do I'm going out to buy a lottery ticket.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Stokes gone for 28. c Clarke b Harris

Broad walks on to a rather hostile reception. Soap Dodgers 6-210.

Broad gets leg bye off first ball, Still on a possible pair.

323 looks a very distant possibility.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
From cricinfo, made me laugh:

"AB was a great player - shame he never won the Alan Border medal."

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
With cooler weather, winds and some showers forecast for tomorrow, the poms may just have done enough by lasting the day today to cobble together a draw. I hope not, it would be a tremendous boost for them to escape. We should be well placed though if weather doesn't intervene. A newish ball and freshish bowlers first thing in the morning should be enough to get this wrapped up by lunchtime.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Really need to get the win. The poms have shown some fight and won't be out so easily again. Just glad Perth is next which should give us a good chance again.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It's realistically going to have to hose down tomorrow for the Poms to escape. That wicket near stumps was the one we wanted. Prior and Broad play in a fairly attacking manner and won't be able to hang around just defending, it's not their natural game. It looked like Mitch got a bit carried away towards the end of play, but could have easily bowled both blokes and then we would have had the extra 30 minutes. Regroup overnight, concentrate hard in that first session and finish the job would be the message from Clarke and Boof.

T

Train Without a Station

Just to weigh in on the Johnson discussion. Whilst I always said that he is better than Starc, and that you just can't write off a player with his previous performances and the ability to actually put fear into the batsmen.

I said, sure if he is out of form you may not play him but don't discount him coming back, I never could have dreamt he would be performing this well with 17 wickets at single figures after 2 test (and potentially more yet). I think he has pleasantly surprised even the most loyal of Mitchell Johnson supporters.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Weather does not look good. Might be juat enough rain to panic the Aussies and give the Poms enough belief that they dig in.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Cloud cover and Mitch Johnson bowling with a fresh cherry? Maybe the English rain dance wasn't such a good idea.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well, that didn't take long to get a wicket.

I'll be surprised if England make it to lunch now (unless there is rain).

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
1 wicket left to get, the English batsman have been their own downfall this morning. Board and Prior out hooking and Swann giving slip catching practice you'd wonder what their plan was today especially with weather around.

Status
Not open for further replies.