• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Ashes Part 2 - Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Can someone please explain to me why Watson is considered an automatic selection? When was the last time he scored a test match century for Australia?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm pretty happy with that lineup. Most of the batsmen have displayed some recent form, and the bowling attack is quite settled.

What I want is Siddle, Rhino and Johnson to be hitting the deck hard and really making it uncomfortable for the poms.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thats as good a team as we can muster for now. Baily deserves a shot, and will add leadership to the team. Doolan, Khawaja, Hughes etc., get more chance to show they are worthy in shield cricket. Still don't know why they are announcing it now though. For all we know the gabba might be a green top.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
so you cant stream via abc only the cricket aus site issue is its a flash based stream which our computers at work wont allow. hence why the abc was so good it worked via windows media player. can anyone remember the english blokes who streamed out of their house during the india tests? their site worked but can remember the link

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Textbook Aussie collapse, the wicket looks like a batting paradise. Some very poor shot selection by the Aussies and one or two decent bits of bowling by England. If the Australians want to stay in this series they need to be far more disciplined with their attacking play

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The offender is alleged to have brought the animal into the venue in a pram - disguising it as a baby.

I recall being in line with a bunch of blokes and one with a pram. Thought to myself poor bloke couldn't get a baby sitter. Brilliant only wish the pig got onto the feild

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I hope Bailey does better in the second innings. I am worried that his technique is just nowhere near good enough for test cricket.

His lack of foot movement throughout his short innings yesterday was noticeable. I commented to the people I was watching with the ball before he got out that his feet just shuffle around the crease and he waves his bat away from his body.

Sure enough next ball, he does exactly the same thing and this time edges it.

His problem is that the only foot movement he's used to is to either clear the front leg and swing over mid wicket or give himself room and smash through the off side. He has absolutely no technique in defence.

Hopefully Haddin and Harris can hang around this morning. I feel like we have to make at least 350 to stay in the match. This looks to be a terrific batting wicket.

Most of our dismissals yesterday were very poor cricket on our behalf. Watson and Warner in particular.

Clarke looks like he really struggles to arch his back. He's got to work out some way to deal with balls directed at his body or he'll get out like that a lot this series.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Foot movement on a whole was rubbish. Rogers in particular looked lost and Watson is still an enigma, he needs to turn strike over for a start.

If we can restrict them to <400 we could be a chance of making something of this.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Johnson has to get his line right here.

He can't go for 5+ an over or we end up leaking runs or not being able to bowl him for more than a couple of overs at a time.

Getting Cook early was crucial. We've got to snag one more before lunch.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Johnson comes good on the stroke of lunch. Big moment for Australia and the game is now back in the balance.

They've got to get Carberry early after lunch. They can't let a new guy make a big score in the first innings of the first test of the series.

KP and Bell are obviously massive threats.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Unbelievable collapse. Great bowling by Australia. England didn't bat well either, but in comparison we took far more bowlers wickets than they did.

Australia has to get 300+ here and put ourselves in a position with plenty of runs and time to win the match.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
England was 6/10 at 1 pont there which is only the 5th time in English test history that they have lost 5 for less than 10 runs

Status
Not open for further replies.