• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Super Rugby Semi Final - Bulls vs Brumbies

Who will be playing the Super Rugby Grand Final against a team from NZ?

• Bulls

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Brumbies

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Definitely thrown away by the Bulls after those missed kicks. Great try though to close out the game. Brumbies lifted well in the second.

I reckon they'll give the Chiefs a fair crack next weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Because of the crusaders the brumbies have to travel to NZ now. That's 3 hours from the east coast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I get you but at home would be massive. It's too much of an ask now. The Sharks were on fire in the 2012 finals series and got thrashed because of the travel.

They have George Smith however so anything is possible.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I get you but at home would be massive. It's too much of an ask now. The Sharks were on fire in the 2012 finals series and got thrashed because of the travel.

They have George Smith however so anything is possible.
Good point. I'm just saying I don't think they will get thrashed. It's possible but they should put up a good effort. If they do win it will be bloody magical! And a first

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Will the brumbies have a dominant scrum and line out? That will be important as it got them a head start in this game.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
No doubt the Brumbies are the underdog next week, but they were this week too. No calls until the game is over.

I know the bookies have them favourites but most astute analysts had them favourites for this match. Juandre Kruger was just too big of a loss, showed in their lineout execution at the end there.

bfc

Frank Row (1)
Based on the last two matches, I wonder if the Brumbies ability to control territory and possession gets in the head of these teams late in games. Last week the Cheetahs said they went for the lineout because they didn't think they'd get into Brumbies territory again. This week, even though the Bulls had a significant territorial advantage in the second half, the Bulls seemed to fear giving the ball back to the Brumbies late in the match.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Anyone that had the brumbies as
Favourite in this game were crazy. I don't think any Aus team would ever be a favourite at loftus. Ever

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Based on the last two matches, I wonder if the Brumbies ability to control territory and possession gets in the head of these teams late in games. Last week the Cheetahs said they went for the lineout because they didn't think they'd get into Brumbies territory again. This week, even though the Bulls had a significant territorial advantage in the second half, the Bulls seemed to fear giving the ball back to the Brumbies late in the match.
It is interesting. Absolute mind boggling stuff. Keep pressure on? Especially while winning.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone that had the brumbies as
Favourite in this game were crazy. I don't think any Aus team would ever be a favourite at loftus. Ever

Not really, the Bulls do not have a strong breakdown or scrum, two of the Brumbies best attributes. Their lineout without Kruger has not been functioning, as long as the Brumbies attacked better than last week they would clinch this. At the end, the team with the classier attack won.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Not really, the Bulls do not have a strong breakdown or scrum, two of the Brumbies best attributes. Their lineout without Kruger has not been functioning, as long as the Brumbies attacked better than last week they would clinch this. At the end, the team with the classier attack won.
I agree with most of what you are saying but I don't think they were Favourites. The bulls should have won. Inexperience in their caption let them down. They gave up 2 penalty attempts. Then go for A drop goal. They had the right game to win but thy just missed the brain part. Lol. I wouldn't say they were huge favourites though, that's of sure. The chiefs will be huge favourites this weekend coming though

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Great win for the Brums! Got out of jail after the Bulls let them back in the game, but they did well to do so. Nice pass from To'omua for that try.

Smith was outstanding. Speight, Kuridrani, Sio played well. I reckon Fardy being named in the Wobs squad might have affected his game a bit, but at least he's got away with a win and can reflect on it.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
This was one of those special performances by a great player that live on in the memory for a long time. I'd lost sight of what we lost when he went overseas. He's certainly one of the all time greats and I've been so grateful to get watch him week in and week out this season.

When you see him play you notice the gap between our current generation and the enigma that is George Smith. They've each got their own strengths (Gill with pilfers, Hooper with open play and Pocock for on the ball) but none of them have the all rounded game he has.

Once in a lifetime player.

bfc

Frank Row (1)
When you see him play you notice the gap between our current generation and the enigma that is George Smith. They've each got their own strengths (Gill with pilfers, Hooper with open play and Pocock for on the ball) but none of them have the all rounded game he has.

Once in a lifetime player.

And getting to play in a Super Rugby final is a fitting way for him to say farewell to the Brumbies and Australian Rugby. So happy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.