• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015/16 Rugby 7's Round 4 - Sydney 6/7 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not sure why you're all predicting we'll exit at the QFs. We face England or USA. Both beatable and should beat them at home.

From what I saw in Wellington, I wouldn't put money on us beating either England or the USA. It says a lot about the state of our 7s programme when one can honestly say that England play with far more flair, imagination and tactical nous that we do. Andy Friend is the right man for the job, it's just that he's been given it too late. This can all be traced back to the geniuses who gave Geraint John the role a few years back.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good form from a Manly supporter QH, praising a Rat.

You're a gentleman and a … don't know the rest of it.

Scoundrel ??

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^Always give credit where it's due - even to Rats :)

In fact , some of my best friends are Warringah supporters.:eek:

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Alright lads, the big day is here so let's all shut up about some playmaker who was good 5 years ago and is now enjoying his pre-retirement bonus up in France.

We're putting out a far stronger team than last week, where we finished 5th. We beat USA and were undefeated on day 1, so there's actually quite a lot to be optimistic about. Mix that all in with a loud hometown crowd, and you've got the keys to success right there #

Got tickets to both days and I am keen as a bean. I hope this event consistently sells out but never ever has enough interest to consider moving it to the soulless husk that is Sydney Olympic Park.

Anyway, let's get right behind the Aussies, because as rugby fans in this country, thats what we do!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Fiji, England, South Africa and USA very good so far. I hope we step up a couple of notches from recent performances - we'll struggle against the above plus NZ without significant improvement.

T

TOCC

Wow Australia having a blinder in the first half agains New Zealand.. 17-5 Australia at the end of the first half.

T

TOCC

Speight gave his man too much room on the outside... Australia and New Zealand draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Great 1st half, but we seemed to go back into our shell a bit in the 2nd. Andy Friend has a lot of uncoaching to do as well as coaching the team.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. England 1st and USA 2nd in their pool.

USA are beatable - plenty of pace and scoring power, but they make quite a few errors. England are playing well.

Did we end up 1st or 2nd after the draw?

EDIT: If on for and against, I'd assume we're 2nd????

Status
Not open for further replies.