• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015/16 Rugby 7's Round 4 - Sydney 6/7 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Focus was on Speight there but the player who has been off the ball is Cam Clark. Maybe still struggling with injury? Missed a couple of crucial cleanouts which led to turnovers.

He's still decent but a shadow of what he was last year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
can Matt O'Brien get any worse at refereeing ?
thank god he isn't doing Super rugby this year.

Well he was bloody awful in the final in Wellington (let's not get started as to how a Kiwi refs a NZ v SA final) as well.

Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree does it?:)

EDIT: Yes I realise that he's now resident in Australia, but...................

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ pretty sure you just answered your own question :) That said, I'm not sure why the "Steve Walsh rule" wouldn't apply...............

T

TOCC

can Matt O'Brien get any worse at refereeing ?
thank god he isn't doing Super rugby this year, but clearly dad's working on an Olympics highlight package

I've always remains fairly impartial against referees and don't really hold a grudge against them, except O'Brien, his game management in a few Super Rugby games last year was horrible, and it wasn't just the ones which the Reds were playing in. I don't like criticising players or coaches too much, but Matt needs to go back to club rugby and improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
NZRFU: "Titch, we're not winning as many 7s games as we used to"
Titch: " Doing my best with what I've got, you blokes attend to it"
NZRFU: "Paddy, we need to get some better refs from a NZ pov"
Paddy: "No worries, I'll move some of our blokes offshore!"

;)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ 14-12 Fiji, almost blew a 14-point lead but hung on to make the Final.

HT Straya 12-0 SA who're a man short which could hurt them in the second half.

#ANZAC Final!

T

TOCC

Players can only play the whistle, doesn't help when the ref changes the ruling after he has stuck up his arm.. should have called it back

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't have thought it possible but Greg Martin appears to know even less about 7's than XV's. Penalty 35m out, what else would you do but put it into the corner?

YC Smith, you guys got this.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Atmosphere out here is awesome. Apart from the awful sound mix on the Hoodoo Gurus. Great day.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm honestly surprised. But realising the power of my reverse-curse, I shall predict NZ by 1 in the final - on the field.

And by 3 on the scoreboard.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kwagga Smith suspended for the 3rd/ 4th playoff so unless their medical staff have worked a minor miracle the Bokke will go into the match with only two on the bench. That's a big ask v Fiji.

Status
Not open for further replies.