• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015/16 Rugby 7's Round 4 - Sydney 6/7 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ pretty sure you just answered your own question :) That said, I'm not sure why the "Steve Walsh rule" wouldn't apply.....

Not really, he was born in NZ to NZ parents, grew up there, went to school and university there and only came to Australia for employment. I'm yet to meet any NZ ex-pat, who isn't an AB supporter and doesn't still consider themselves as a New Zealander. A person's current place of residence doesn't change their nationality.

If the policy of World Rugby is for neutral officials in international rugby, then neither O'Brien nor Walsh should ever or have ever refereed the New Zealand national team.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Atmosphere out here is awesome. Apart from the awful sound mix on the Hoodoo Gurus. Great day.

The bloke dressed up as a computer geek dancing behind the southern goal posts was worth the price of admission.

Saw the Hoodoo Gurus at the Dee Why Hotel 25 or 30 years ago - I think the sound system back then was better than we hear today. (or maybe I drank more alcohol back then)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I was about to say SA are giving it a good shake - but Fiji just put it to bed.

T

TOCC

7-7 AUSvNZL 7min into the first half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Straya giving it a red-hot go but, let's face it, we all know how this ends if it stays 7 (or possibly 8 :)) on 7.........

T

TOCC

How good is Holland playing this tournament!

T

TOCC

Ah it's in overtime.. Kiwi ball
Nerves are shot

T

TOCC

Henry Speight, all you had to do was not get held up in the tackle and Australia would won the final...

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well that was close............

Bet the people writing Straya off pre-tournament are feeling a tad sheepish right now............

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
0be733e9dcb659923931567978765832.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reiko Ioane gets POT but honestly I'd have given it to your bloke Holland. Can't say I've ever rated him previously but he was freakin' awesome this weekend.

EDIT: who gave @Pfitzy the codes to GAGR's Twitter account? :)

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Seven's has to be the cruellest, most exhilarating sport. so close, just need to control the pill in those clutch situations.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yeah the two newbies Kingston and Spleight made fundamental errors in the last 30s of real time. hang on to possession, keep passing, don't get tackled, basically play keepings off.
wonder what, if anything will be the outcome of last nights 8 v 7 game

Status
Not open for further replies.