• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2016 NSW JRU State Championships June 11th-13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Under 10s
North Narrabeen Reserve, Warriewood, hosted by Narrabeen Tigers Rugby Club

Under 11s
The Ridge Playing Fields, New Illawarra Road, Barden Ridge, hosted by Southern Districts and Menai JRC

Under 12s
Camden Rugby Club, Wire Lane, Camden, hosted by Camden Rugby Club

Under 13s
Drummoyne Oval, Drummoyne, hosted by Drummoyne Junior Rugby Club

Under 14sEndeavour Park, Orange, hosted by Orange City and Orange Emus Rugby Club.
Under 15sSaint Lukes, Concord, hosted by West Harbour Rugby Club
Under 16sGrantham Reserve, Seven Hills, hosted by Blacktown Rugby Club
Under 17sEridge Park, Bowral, hosted by Bowral Rugby Club.

With the various tournaments taking place in about 4 weeks, does anyone know where the NSWJRU is hiding their information? All the links to last years events seem to be broken, and I can't find anything anywhere - Google is not my friend....:confused:

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
Apparently the draw will only be out about a week prior. That's the mail from our manager. We were given the rule book though. See attached.

Attachments

• JSC 2016 Rules.pdf
    584.5 KB · Views: 685

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
Under 10s
North Narrabeen Reserve, Warriewood, hosted by Narrabeen Tigers Rugby Club

Under 11s
The Ridge Playing Fields, New Illawarra Road, Barden Ridge, hosted by Southern Districts and Menai JRC

Under 12s
Camden Rugby Club, Wire Lane, Camden, hosted by Camden Rugby Club

Under 13s
Drummoyne Oval, Drummoyne, hosted by Drummoyne Junior Rugby Club

Under 14sEndeavour Park, Orange, hosted by Orange City and Orange Emus Rugby Club.
Under 15sSaint Lukes, Concord, hosted by West Harbour Rugby Club
Under 16sGrantham Reserve, Seven Hills, hosted by Blacktown Rugby Club
Under 17sEridge Park, Bowral, hosted by Bowral Rugby Club.

With the various tournaments taking place in about 4 weeks, does anyone know where the NSWJRU is hiding their information? All the links to last years events seem to be broken, and I can't find anything anywhere - Google is not my friend..:confused:
There doesn't seem to be an operational website for the NSWJRU yet. Though, districts seem to be receiving info via email. Can't remember there being too much info on the website in previous years, anyway.

stratosph3R3

Stan Wickham (3)
13c1c23b7a02512b861054cbb639b7e5.jpg

I found the draw for the U15 age division.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A week away form the State Champs and almost no talk on this thread.

In past years, the banter would be into double figure page numbers at this stage. Are the grass roots withering?

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
We'll see you at the 13s WTF? Hope Gordon are ready for a game this year.

Attachments

• U11 2016 State Championship draw.pdf
    51.5 KB · Views: 338
  • U12 2016 State Championship draw.pdf
    54.6 KB · Views: 303
  • U14 2016 State Championship draw.pdf
    56 KB · Views: 297
  • U16 2016 State Championship draw.pdf
    52.7 KB · Views: 357
  • u17 2016 State Championship draw.pdf
    49.1 KB · Views: 367

stratosph3R3

Stan Wickham (3)
A week away form the State Champs and almost no talk on this thread.

In past years, the banter would be into double figure page numbers at this stage. Are the grass roots withering?

The team entry numbers have dropped away over the years - with the current U15s age group there were 16 teams in 2013 (as U12s), same again in 2014, 15 in 2015 and now 12. ACT Brumbies don't sent a U15s because of JGC, it looks as if North Sydney and West Harbour have combined, no Illawarra.

Good to see the country teams making the effort. Big challenge for them is distance.

I suspect that Gordon, Southern Districts, Easts and Penrith to be in the mix at semi-final time. Central West have quite a few JGC players from the Western NSW side that nearly toppled the Brumbies - a bit of a dark horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
The team entry numbers have dropped away over the years - with the current U15s age group there were 16 teams in 2013 (as U12s), same again in 2014, 15 in 2015 and now 12. ACT Brumbies don't sent a U15s because of JGC, it looks as if North Sydney and West Harbour have combined, no Illawarra.

Good to see the country teams making the effort. Big challenge for them is distance.

I suspect that Gordon, Southern Districts, Easts and Penrith to be in the mix at semi-final time. Central West have quite a few JGC players from the Western NSW side that nearly toppled the Brumbies - a bit of a dark horse.

Randwick and West Harbour have not registered teams in the U13 age group this year which is a real shame for those boys. I expect the teams to beat in U13's will be Gordon (last years winners of U12's), Eastwood, Sydney Uni and perhaps ACT. I don't think Manly and Norths are as strong this year, but happy to be proved wrong.

GGR

Frank Row (1)
Any update on the state of the Drummoyne ovals after the recent horrendous weather, all good to go ?

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
Drummoyne Oval currently CLOSED.
FREEMSG-199BBSMS-Please be advised all grounds are currently CLOSED until further notice. Next update Tuesday 7 May. (updated 4 days ago).

Canada Bay council also has all ovals listed as closed. Was updated yesterday. Hopefully keeping the ovals closed for training during the week so they're good to go this weekend.

the bulldog

Stan Wickham (3)
Under 14's @ orange has been moved to wade park due to poor conditions @ endeavour and pride park, was talk of moving entire weekend to bathurst but not enough time to organise.

the bulldog

Stan Wickham (3)
for anyone heading to orange tomorrow be sure to bring your winter woolies as we are expecting a chilly -1 to 8 degree day with a chance of showers in the morning.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
A couple of good wins by Gordon in the u16s today over Sth Districts and Hunter. ACT and Parra also looking strong. The semis and final on Monday should be well worth the M2 toll for anyone heading out to Blacktown.

Status
Not open for further replies.