• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2016 NSW JRU State Championships June 11th-13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
All the boys played amazing games today. The forwards are not the biggest pack and they really stood up and gave it to Gordon. Beating them in the first game really game them confidence. The no. 14 also was the first to score in both games against Gordon and that really lifted the boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Disappointing if those parents have lost the enthusiasm, Bowral is not that far away to travel and is a great place to visit, shop, eat inbetween games if wanted. Does that also mean that when teams in the SJRU Sunday comp for this age group drawn to play Bowral at Bowral will not travel. This already happens when teams from the northern side of the harbour have to cross the bridge and has been for years. Such a pity, but it happens

Too much unecessary travel at village level in the 10s - 12s age groups. The rusted on remain, but the parents who are uncommitted to any sport get sick of travelling all over Sydney when other sports are local. It's a matter for another thread, but have a look at some of the grades in those little age groups - teams travelling all over Sydney when there are teams in the grades immediately above and below who are of similar standard.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
U15s semi finals

Gordon v Manly
Easts v Central West

Surprises of the tournament were the poor showing from Southern Districts who bowed out today after the play off for 9th and 10th. The other was the improvement of Southern Inland - playing off for 5th and 6th after finishing 15th last year in the U14s.

Easts won the 15s I believe. The players have reaped the rewards of playing under well-credentialled coaching.

stratosph3R3

Stan Wickham (3)
Too much unecessary travel at village level in the 10s - 12s age groups. The rusted on remain, but the parents who are uncommitted to any sport get sick of travelling all over Sydney when other sports are local. It's a matter for another thread, but have a look at some of the grades in those little age groups - teams travelling all over Sydney when there are teams in the grades immediately above and below who are of similar standard.

They should take a look at junior rugby in the regional areas - we have to round trips between 120km and 560km for the home and away competitions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
They should take a look at junior rugby in the regional areas - we have to round trips between 120km and 560km for the home and away competitions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's true, but it's of necessity. The same would be true of all sports in regional areas I suspect. We have teams in neighbouring suburbs of roughly equal ability travelling across Sydney to play, but not playing each other. While other sports have local competitions available up to about 15s or 16s. Whether you think they have a valid point or not, the fact is that some people are leaving the sport for these reasons.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Game plan - lets get so many kids playing we can stay in gods country and just get better & better ;).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
took a little trip down memory lane, just to see how things are going in the juniors - put SJRU into the search engine and behold:
Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 15.07.53.png

"Under construction" and to be launched November/December 2015. I immediately knew i was back in junior club rugby

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Heard a lot of comments going around that the Melbourne Babarians had 3 to 4, 15 year olds playing in the U14 comp in Orange. 3 of them were in the Rebels JGC. How or why should this be allowed. Some kids are still 12 years old.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
U13 and u14 can trial at the end of the year for JGC. They could have been U13 last year and played JGC. They would still be u14 and could play u15 JGC again this year.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Totally understand that, but these boys were 15. They were top age Jgc this year and will move into U17. They all play club U16's. I'm hearing in Melbourne and at the VRU they were not to impressed with it.
The guy who run the team is not well liked around vic rugby as he poaches these kids and then tries to sign them with the Melbourne Unicorns club.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow. Ok, bad form that. How did they even get through the registration process? Shouldn't be any 12s plying in the 14s though as they are definitely not allowed to play up at the States either.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The guy who run the team is not well liked around vic rugby as he poaches these kids and then tries to sign them with the Melbourne Unicorns club.

Unfortunately, he wouldn't be alone in the poaching caper. Plenty of those in Sydney in various clubs in various age groups. Kids playing for village clubs and/or district rep teams outside of the geographic area in which they live was once unheard of. Now we have people travelling from the outer west to the north shore, Newcastle to the south east, etc, etc, etc.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
Heard a lot of comments going around that the Melbourne Babarians had 3 to 4, 15 year olds playing in the U14 comp in Orange. 3 of them were in the Rebels JGC. How or why should this be allowed. Some kids are still 12 years old.
Did they win? If not maybe they needed more.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
Unfortunately, he wouldn't be alone in the poaching caper. Plenty of those in Sydney in various clubs in various age groups. Kids playing for village clubs and/or district rep teams outside of the geographic area in which they live was once unheard of. Now we have people travelling from the outer west to the north shore, Newcastle to the south east, etc, etc, etc.
I guess if you have to travel all over Sydney for games, travelling somewhere for training isn't a real biggy.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
took a little trip down memory lane, just to see how things are going in the juniors - put SJRU into the search engine and behold:
View attachment 8037
"Under construction" and to be launched November/December 2015. I immediately knew i was back in junior club rugby
There is a new site that sort of works. It's easy to use, you just phone one of the 10 people in Sydney that can get it to work.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
All the boys played amazing games today. The forwards are not the biggest pack and they really stood up and gave it to Gordon. Beating them in the first game really game them confidence. The no. 14 also was the first to score in both games against Gordon and that really lifted the boys.

Well done Eastwood, what a turnaround from 13th place last year to first this year. Great coaching and some fresh talent no doubt.

See you guys next year. We have been in the Grand Final for the past 3 or 4 years, so hoping that consistency stays with us. Here's to years of healthy rivalry.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
Well done Eastwood, what a turnaround from 13th place last year to first this year. Great coaching and some fresh talent no doubt.

See you guys next year. We have been in the Grand Final for the past 3 or 4 years, so hoping that consistency stays with us. Here's to years of healthy rivalry.
Thanks WTF? We had a few key injuries last year and were screwed over by the CJRU wanting their own show down in the playoffs so we were pushed further down. Same core team as last year though, with a few new guys coming in as they have joined local village teams after making new friends in High school this year. Also looking forward to a healthy rivalry in the years to come. The boys don't seem to hold anything back when playing each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.