• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Schools Rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard 10

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe that Kings, Joeys and Shore have already begun the pre-season with some selection ergs.

Hard 10

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe you're trying to stir the forum to life
kudos
But don't do it with lies.

There is no need to create an issue over this. I have certain knowledge that this is true, further you have no basis to found your accusations of myself lying.

SBrow

Larry Dwyer (12)
There is no need to create an issue over this. I have certain knowledge that this is true, further you have no basis to found your accusations of myself lying.

Apologies for taking such an aggressive tone, but might I inquire how you know this? As I know for at least two of these schools that it is untrue.

Hard 10

Allen Oxlade (6)
There is still a few weeks left of winter sport, I would hardly think anyone is doing much erg testing, if so, I wouldn't think it would include anyone in the top winter sport teams (ie 1st and 2nd XV). Hard 10, what type of erg tests are they doing? 2k or longer?

I believe 2km 22 rate cap ergs - more of a power test then anything, as well as selected strength tests.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Let's cut out the personal accusations and replies and get back to support those who get on with rowing.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
I recall with a shudder the absolute shitfight which broke out on last year's forum over this same deliberately provocative claim.

Combatants included ShoreOB, Boat Lover, John12321, LBA, manger, notthefbi and Luv to Row among others. Many have since been banned or have voluntarily disappeared themselves. I can only assume some have come back on this year with new identities to stir up the same fiction.

We all know it's not true and we can leave it alone like a twice-frozen Paddle Pop - but please remember there are any number of schoolboy rowers reading the forum who could easily suffer from such careless talk. Particularly after events in the past week.

LuvToRo

Chris McKivat (8)
I recall with a shudder the absolute shitfight which broke out on last year's forum over this same deliberately provocative claim.

Combatants included ShoreOB, Boat Lover, John12321, LBA, manger, notthefbi and Luv to Row among others. Many have since been banned or have voluntarily disappeared themselves. I can only assume some have come back on this year with new identities to stir up the same fiction.

We all know it's not true and we can leave it alone like a twice-frozen Paddle Pop - but please remember there are any number of schoolboy rowers reading the forum who could easily suffer from such careless talk. Particularly after events in the past week.

Voluntarily disappeared ha. Im still here, just haven't been commenting as nothing interesting is being discussed. Don't forget the season hasn't actually started yet.

SIRCWATCH

Frank Nicholson (4)

Let's not wrap the schoolboys in cotten wool. I'm sure if they can pull their boat down the course at the speeds they do they won't get all red eyed and offended from reading a couple of comments us old farts are saying. They are grown men we shouldn't have to baby them. And what are you meaning "could easily suffer as a consequence" I'd love to know what a few little words is going to do? But people who are obviously not expression a correct fact and trying to stir trouble should stop, I'm sure most of us have a connection with one or two schools and know that noone has started to train yet. Get a grip.

RowingAcademy

Bob McCowan (2)
You may be an old fart, but no, these rowers are not all grown men yet. Many of them are 15 and 16 year olds stepping into the senior ranks for the first time this year. Hardly grown men and they are very impressionable.

These boys are stronger than you ever were. It is about time you show some respect for the gentlemen in the boats. Now.. enough on Slide Rusher's ego.

Great to see many club crews on the water lately. Although JB Sharpe races are nothing to go off, there was plenty of quick crews. It is always hard to conclude if there was any GPS boys in the crews however, I'm sure many boys slipped through the radar under the colours of their club. The season is upon us, lets GO!

SIRCWATCH

Frank Nicholson (4)
You may be an old fart, but no, these rowers are not all grown men yet. Many of them are 15 and 16 year olds stepping into the senior ranks for the first time this year. Hardly grown men and they are very impressionable.

Mate get your stats right before your come out swinging, most of them are either 16 turning 17 or 17 turning 18 (year 11/12)? Which from my understanding is a year off being able to drink, vote, not to mention most of them probably have their licence. And how would most of them be stepping into the senior ranks for the 1st time of half the boy's are those returning? To row in front of 10,000 people come March with the weight of friends family and a school community on their shoulders i think they can take a few misguiding words from us oldies. i recall when I was In the boys shoes a few words was just a bunch of hot air, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen (boat).

LuvToRo

Chris McKivat (8)
Perhaps you could put forward something interesting to discuss then?

Nahh I'm good. I am actually enjoying the responses you are getting from SIRCWATCH and RowingAcademy for having a go at them so yeah i will put something forward when i feel the need to and i don't right now because you are entertaining me with your ludicrous statements.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Only a couple of weeks ago I commented that it was inappropriate to mention drugs on this thread as school students read this thread (most GPS rowers do read this at some stage). You responded with a high degree of ridicule. It is somewhat hypocritical for you to now come out with the comment above.

I apologise but I thought you were genuinely making a joke about drugs, given that it was in reference to Bex. Most boys would never even have heard of Bex and is it even possible to buy it these days?

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Let's not wrap the schoolboys in cotten wool. I'm sure if they can pull their boat down the course at the speeds they do they won't get all red eyed and offended from reading a couple of comments us old farts are saying. They are grown men we shouldn't have to baby them. And what are you meaning "could easily suffer as a consequence" I'd love to know what a few little words is going to do? But people who are obviously not expression a correct fact and trying to stir trouble should stop, I'm sure most of us have a connection with one or two schools and know that noone has started to train yet. Get a grip.

Read the Sydney Morning Herald in the last week. That's what I mean by "could easily suffer". You'll find one tragedy on the front page and another towards the back in the deaths column. Your comments are insensitive and reprehensible.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
No you are not good, you have nothing to offer. Their responses are warped and if you enjoy those there is not place for you on this thread. You have not interest in actually discussing rowing.

Ditto - can you people have personal conversations (Inbox top right of page) on matters unrelated to rowing. You can add whomever you want to the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.