• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The only positive of the lack of Super 20s is hopefully all the boys will get plenty of real gametime under their belts.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Super duties come before Aus U20??

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Yep, he missed most of the season for 20s last year because he was with the Reds. He and the other Super Rugby players (and 7s players) were only released to play in JWC because the Super Rugby season had finished, but I think that they clash this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Selection seems to be inconsistently applied based on the individual circumstances of the team.

McMahon was ripped from us in 2014 despite playing in (and I think starting in?) every game until that point.

Whereas this year Ha'angana was left at home, presumably by request due to our ridiculous injury list across backrow and lock.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
One tends to think that there will be more added. Some of the boys would be definitely pushing for Super Rugby selection. Valentini, stewart, Blyth, Goddard possibly. In the end if there not released then it might be a struggle. Interesting to see how many top age players.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep, he missed most of the season for 20s last year because he was with the Reds. He and the other Super Rugby players (and 7s players) were only released to play in JWC because the Super Rugby season had finished, but I think that they clash this year

It did not help the cause either, not having played much together was the downfall of the Aus u20’s at the WC.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No Darcy Swain in the forwards - is he not now age qualified. If qualified, he should be the first lock chosen. Is a better player than either of Hockings or Blythe.

T

TOCC

I think it’s subjective, they are all at similar points in their development. Blyth and Hockings did well as the lock pair for QCountry in the NRC, and likewise Swain with Vikings.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Isaac Lucas is the youngest brother of Ben/Matt/Tom right? And he is supposed to be the best of them - is that correct? Fair rap when the other 3 are all pretty good players.

Is he contracted to the Reds? He’s first year out of school - right?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Isaac Lucas is the youngest brother of Ben/Matt/Tom right? And he is supposed to be the best of them - is that correct? Fair rap when the other 3 are all pretty good players.

He played 10 for AUS Schools 2016.

Not sure where he has been playing this year.

IMO He was by far the best 10 that played Schools 2016. Played brilliantly when he came on vs NZ almost won the game.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I won't comment on his standing in the family.

He played premier grade this year straight out of school and was a standout for mine. Played a little 10, a fair bit of 12 and even some 13 and, from my perspective, was super impressive every time.

T

TOCC

He played 10 for AUS Schools 2016.

Not sure where he has been playing this year.

IMO He was by far the best 10 that played Schools 2016. Played brilliantly when he came on vs NZ almost won the game.

See above, he has been playing 12 for Sunnybank in the Queensland Premier Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.