• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
BRUMBIES U19’S SQUAD FOR MATCH WITH MELBOURNE REBELS in Albury at 1pm 2.9.2017
Fred Kaihea – Queanbeyan
Rye Steel – Uni Norths
Oscar Cunningham – Gungahlin
Liam Bilston – Easts
James Lynch – Uni Norths
Ben Gordon – Queanbeyan
Liam Rasch – Wests
Harry Dahl – Queanbeyan
Jayme Field – Tuggeranong
Justin Sikimeti – Queanbeyan
Langi Lolatonga – Easts
Connor Jones – Gungahlin
Luke Corcoran – Queanbeyan
Josh Crone – Uni Norths
Ryan Lonergan – Tuggeranong
Connor Tansey – Uni Norths
Alec Sheldon – Uni Norths
Puni Aupuni – Queanbeyan
Jack Mann – Tuggeranong
Simon Aino – Easts
Isiah Latu – Queanbeyan
Riley Turner – Tuggeranong
Caleb Maliasauskas – Queanbeyan
Mack Hansen – Gungahlin
Ryley Hughes – Queanbeyan

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
BRUMBIES U19’S SQUAD FOR MATCH WITH MELBOURNE REBELS in Albury at 1pm 2.9.2017
Fred Kaihea – Queanbeyan
Rye Steel – Uni Norths
Oscar Cunningham – Gungahlin
Liam Bilston – Easts
James Lynch – Uni Norths
Ben Gordon – Queanbeyan
Liam Rasch – Wests
Harry Dahl – Queanbeyan
Jayme Field – Tuggeranong
Justin Sikimeti – Queanbeyan
Langi Lolatonga – Easts
Connor Jones – Gungahlin
Luke Corcoran – Queanbeyan
Josh Crone – Uni Norths
Ryan Lonergan – Tuggeranong
Connor Tansey – Uni Norths
Alec Sheldon – Uni Norths
Puni Aupuni – Queanbeyan
Jack Mann – Tuggeranong
Simon Aino – Easts
Isiah Latu – Queanbeyan
Riley Turner – Tuggeranong
Caleb Maliasauskas – Queanbeyan
Mack Hansen – Gungahlin
Ryley Hughes – Queanbeyan

You still sure there is a Gen Blue Match on 16/9??

Have the players been told that this is a trial for U20 selection?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What’s the logic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The primary premise of the question is unsound.
I was told before it became public that the games would not proceed, that the Aus U20s team would be decided upon by whatever process NSW and QLD wanted: they did not want games to be the basis of selection. That position did not become public until after the Brumbies played the Rebels in Albury. I assume from the fact that this game went ahead that neither the Rebels nor the Brumbies shared the QLD/NSW view.
As ever none of the young men concerned have had any of this explained or justified to them.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I believe there is a meeting this Monday of a number of players invited to the Waratah Elite Youth development program.

I googled that title: it returned all sort of lofty missions statements but no actual squad by that name.
So whatever your source it would seem the NSWRU don't want anyone to know about this top secret venture. In view of the demise of the U20s comp for this particular group (i.e. 2016 school leavers) I was both amused and bemused by the following from the Season Report on Gen Blue from earlier in 2017: "Thinking of the Super U20’s Championship as a whole, McCutcheon agrees that the competition makes for a good development pathway. “We need to continually challenge these young men and a concentrated competition like the Super 20s provides a platform for them to excel”, stated the former Olympic Rugby Seven’s forward. “I want to make sure we continually provide pathways for young men, making that transition into a semi-professional environment and hopefully the next step, a Waratah.” Now the season is over, what is next for the members of the 2017 Gen Blue squad? “We have 10 players in the Australian 20s squad, so the rest of their year will be around preparing and competing in the world cup. The rest of the group will return to their Shute Shield clubs and we’ll keep a keen eye on them.” Looking ahead to next year, the former Rugby Seven’s player is content with the solid foundation laid down by the 19-year-old members of the Elite Player Development program. “The EPD1 (U19’s) group put a lot of time into developing their fundamental skills this year, so hopefully we can continue to challenge them throughout this year and next”, said McCutcheon." http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs.../17496/The-Season-that-Was-Gen-Blue-U20s.aspx
Seems everyone thought it was a good idea until someone somewhere without a name decided it wasn't such a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.