• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Can I just clarify; so these are defiantly Aussie rating figures for Foxtel?

So correct me if I am wrong, but these figure are saying that only 2K less watched a non-prime time game (5:30pm), with no Aussie team featured - correct?

So that was also in direct competition with the live F1 qualifying that was 5 to 6.30pm (Foxtel and FTA), A NRL game, A-League game and 2x AFL games.

Lots of people from NZ in Australia....

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

So correct me if I am wrong, but these figure are saying that only 2K less watched a non-prime time game (5:30pm), with no Aussie team featured - correct?

So that was also in direct competition with the live F1 qualifying that was 5 to 6.30pm (Foxtel and FTA), A NRL game, A-League game and 2x AFL games.
Auatralian national subscription tv figures - same as just about every rating you'll see on here

Edit corrected the metro stuff
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gordy1

Frank Row (1)

Well I was one of those watching the “non-prime time game”, and not the other matches listed. It was 2.30pm in WA, and I know that a kiwi derby will always be entertaining.

Obviously if I still had an Australian Super Rugby team to support, then I would have had some interest in the other matches too. Alas....

(And no, I’m not a kiwi).

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

Also worth saying, the Saturday game is a pretty typical NZ game rating these days. It's the Friday games that are pretty low (even the NZ one)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Auatralian national subscription tv figures - same as just about every rating you'll see on here

Edit corrected the metro stuff

Thanks. Just wanted to check I was not misinterpreting.

Interesting about the Friday to Saturday Kiwi game comparison.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Big game coming up this Friday, I am not a Rebels fan but hoping for:

A. A good Crowd
B. Good ratings
C. A win by the Rebels or a tight game

I think a win by the Rebels will be great for Aus Rugby, there is a lot riding on this one, there are quite a few "fans" out there that are waiting for Aus sides to get pumped by the Kiwis so they can bring out the "Ï told you so"

I will be watching and cheering for the Rebels, anybody in Melbourne thinking of going to the game please do so and drag a mate with you!

Hoping for a cracking game!!!

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Big game coming up this Friday, I am not a Rebels fan but hoping for:

A. A good Crowd
B. Good ratings
C. A win by the Rebels or a tight game

I think a win by the Rebels will be great for Aus Rugby, there is a lot riding on this one, there are quite a few "fans" out there that are waiting for Aus sides to get pumped by the Kiwis so they can bring out the "Ï told you so"

I will be watching and cheering for the Rebels, anybody in Melbourne thinking of going to the game please do so and drag a mate with you!

Hoping for a cracking game!!!

Well said mate, to me the result isn’t exactly important but the performance is what I’ll be looking for. We need to see something that says we can take it to the very best. From there hopefully backed up with a good game on Saturday with the Tahs and Brums watched by an improved crowd (15/16k +). Would set the season up for all teams to show they are finally moving forward. There is a strong correlation with all teams performances and the health of the others, QLD are looking like they are doing their part in improving.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
16,135 in Melbourne tonight for the Hurricanes

Highest attendance for a regular season game at home for the rebels since 2012

great news but it makes me question whether the crowd is under-reported or if previous crowds were over-reported.

The crowd looked a lot more that 50% bigger than previous weeks to me

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
It was about right.

Second tier on the western stand was completely closed.
Rest of the stands were roughly 50% then you add corporate.

I was predicting 14-15 at the game, it’s also first time I’ve seen cues beyond the ticket office, was great to see.

As I said earlier, fingers crossed for tonight’s game, could be a great weekend for rugby

T

TOCC

great news but it makes me question whether the crowd is under-reported or if previous crowds were over-reported.

The crowd looked a lot more that 50% bigger than previous weeks to me

There’s nothing to gain by under-reporting a crowd, theres some to gain by reporting crowds larger then are there, especially at the 10k threshold..

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I wonder how many were New Zealanders? And I wonder how many will turn up to the next Rebels home game after that second half display.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
I hate to be that guy but I wonder what the gate proceeds were at 16k and more worryingly what they were at 8-10k in previous rounds compared to previous years.
I think it’s great they got a semi decent crowd but if they’re paying 40% less then it’s only gate takings equivalent to a 9600 crowd last year and similarly a 10k crowd is equivalent to 6k of previous.
Definitely looks better but does it help the bottom line at all?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Had a look at last years numbers for all teams (2017)
Average crowd size for Aus home games v
SA (7 games) - 10,000
Aus (13 games) 11,500
NZ (10 games) - 14,000

7 games were missing (never announced) and only one Jags game had a number (11,000)

Kiwis definatley draw bigger crowds across the country

Status
Not open for further replies.