• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Highlanders v Hurricanes - 48k
Blues v Rebels - 31k
Chiefs v Crusaders - 48k
Reds v Tahs - 90k

Wentworthville v NZ in Intrust Super cup - 48k

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I know there has been talk about the lack of defence last night but I thought it was a great game with some excellent tries from both teams. 90k is good but we need to build on that. Skill level has definitely gone up a level

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
9,521 in Canberra for the Brums v Sunwolves.

Fair way short of their target

Uncertainty over the team might have effected the sales late in the week.

Why was it scheduled for Sunday?

Did nobody consider the Test match next week and having time to rest players?

This shows how inept the Wallabies are.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

SANZAAR run the Super Rugby schedule; RA the inbound NH Tests. They may not have the same interests completely, and they seemingly don't talk well to each other! Not sure the Wallabies are to blame!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Certainly, not the Wallabies at fault, but I am sure RA could have had some influence had they been awake to the issue from early on. I don't think SANZAAR act from their own sense of propriety or fair play when they schedule a bye week for the SA conference a week before the test window.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)

I think you're overstating how much of a draw David Pocock is. The team was named days ago. Ticket sales were bad because Canberra is bored of the Brumbies and totally disinterested in the Sunwolves.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
SANZAAR run the Super Rugby schedule; RA the inbound NH Tests. They may not have the same interests completely, and they seemingly don't talk well to each other! Not sure the Wallabies are to blame!
I realise SANZAAR make the draw, but do they decide the times of games?

Why couldn't the Brumbies play on Saturday and not have this issue?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Dunno. But I know “the Wallabies “ is not the answer! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Just to be clear SANZAAR make the draw in consultation with every team, the national unions (who are SANZAAR) and the broadcasters.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
From everything I’ve read over the years I’m positive the ARU ask Super Rugby teams to submit their preferred time slots. Most nominate at least one afternoon game, continuing the myth that oz rugby fans go crazy for arvo footy maaaate. When in fact all evidence points to the opposite conclusion

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
From everything I’ve read over the years I’m positive the ARU ask Super Rugby teams to submit their preferred time slots. Most nominate at least one afternoon game, continuing the myth that oz rugby fans go crazy for arvo footy maaaate. When in fact all evidence points to the opposite conclusion

Afternoon games are more likely to attract families with young kids, though? Or grandparents taking their grandkids? Anything that gets kids to the games is a good thing, surely?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Most nominate at least one afternoon game, continuing the myth that oz rugby fans go crazy for arvo footy maaaate. When in fact all evidence points to the opposite conclusion

If I lived in Canberra, I'd probably want to see a rugby match in hope that sun will keep the temperature in the double digits compared to the frosty evenings.....

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Brumbies like afternoon games at this time of year don't they?

Afternoon games are more likely to attract families with young kids, though? Or grandparents taking their grandkids? Anything that gets kids to the games is a good thing, surely?

If the game kick off was an hour earlier (3pm) I would say yes. But knowing its a 6pm game finish on a back-to-school night its really not that great for kids or families in general and by that time (6pm) the temp has plunged.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Anyone know how the shute shield has been rating? Both on fox as a replay and 7 two?

Fairly uninspiring

Sydney Uni v Eastwood, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 14k, Sun delayed 830am FOX SPORTS – 12k
Warringah v Easts, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 15k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 6k
Manly v Warringah, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 8k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 2k
West Harbour v Gordon, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 10k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 3k
Sydney Uni v Norths, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 14k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 7k
Randwick v Easts, Sat LIVE 3pm 7mate – 10k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 6k
Norths v Warringah - LIVE Sat 3pm 7mate – 6k, Norths v Warringah - Delayed Sun 930am Fox Sports – 3k

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Fairly uninspiring

Sydney Uni v Eastwood, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 14k, Sun delayed 830am FOX SPORTS – 12k
Warringah v Easts, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 15k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 6k
Manly v Warringah, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 8k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 2k
West Harbour v Gordon, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 10k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 3k
Sydney Uni v Norths, Sat LIVE 3pm 7TWO – 14k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 7k
Randwick v Easts, Sat LIVE 3pm 7mate – 10k, Sat delayed 10pm FOX SPORTS – 6k
Norths v Warringah - LIVE Sat 3pm 7mate – 6k, Norths v Warringah - Delayed Sun 930am Fox Sports – 3k

How'd you get hold of the RY?

Status
Not open for further replies.