• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Really hoping these Reds, Rebels and brumbies games rate well this weekend, Friday's 5.30pm game is always a tricky one.

I'll be watching it on my phone

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Unfortunately the Reds v Saders game will go head to head with the charity shield. It'll be interesting to see if there is any blow back towards to NRL with all the off season press. Ino this happens every year with them, but i finally think people have had enough. Hopefully we can get some traction with good performances and capitalise on a large portion of the sports viewing markets discontent towards another sport

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Unfortunately the Reds v Saders game will go head to head with the charity shield. It'll be interesting to see if there is any blow back towards to NRL with all the off season press. Ino this happens every year with them, but i finally think people have had enough. Hopefully we can get some traction with good performances and capitalise on a large portion of the sports viewing markets discontent towards another sport

Sadly I think NRL fans couldn't give a flying fuck what the players do. If they are entertaining (for them) on the field they will come. If if it was a XIII of George Pells I still think NRL would draw fans.

papabear

Watty Friend (18)
Rugby League has its own issues and rugby league will only grow working on its community and image and trying to get more people engaged regardless of where there sporting preferences lie.

Fundamentally though does rugby union in this country want a different presence to the one it has?

Reactions: dru

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wow. Thought they were noisy which is good, but no more than 2000 on the side facing the cameras.

It looked a large part of the crowd was at each end of the pitch.

Also 11,000 isn't bad for a stinking hot night. Expect more next week after that win.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Really good! Friday night also. Good numbers for a rebels game.

For both. The 5:30 slot on a Friday is less than desirable for Aus audiences. Realistically how many of us are able to get in front of a TV before 6:30 at the earliest. I know I'm certainly not. I don't get home til 7 most nights and that's if I leave at 5 on the dot. Which rarely happens. So for the 5:30 slot to draw 63k is pretty damn good.

As for the Rebels. When was the last time they drew those numbers for a non-derby game? From memory historically they've struggled to crack 50k when not playing other Aus teams so 75k is outstanding. Hopefully, these figures keep rolling in.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
For both. The 5:30 slot on a Friday is less than desirable for Aus audiences. Realistically how many of us are able to get in front of a TV before 6:30 at the earliest. I know I'm certainly not. I don't get home til 7 most nights and that's if I leave at 5 on the dot. Which rarely happens. So for the 5:30 slot to draw 63k is pretty damn good.

As for the Rebels. When was the last time they drew those numbers for a non-derby game? From memory historically they've struggled to crack 50k when not playing other Aus teams so 75k is outstanding. Hopefully, these figures keep rolling in.

You are right, cannot remember the Rebels getting anywhere the 50K

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I was able to have a glance of some of the first half at work, but then after reading the result couldn't bring myself to watch the replay...........

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

Doesn't surprise me, I am a Reds fan but wont miss a Rebels game this season, they have a great squad and on paper you would expect a good game with some attacking flair.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Crusaders fans always turn out in Brisbane - 17,676 at Suncorp Stadium

Best crowd in Brisbane for nearly two years since the Tahs game in 2017

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
58k for chiefs v Sunwolves and 63k for Reds v Crusaders. OK results up against the ODI, Supercars and Charity Shield. A-league continues to be disappointing

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lots of Kiwis in SE Qld.

I swear NZ jerseys sold in SEQ are reversible. Plenty of Crusaders jerseys, few years back they were Hurricanes ones and before that they were Chiefs ones. Prior to that they were Crusaders ones so it is a little back to the future.