• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I swear NZ jerseys sold in SEQ are reversible. Plenty of Crusaders jerseys, few years back they were Hurricanes ones and before that they were Chiefs ones. Prior to that they were Crusaders ones so it is a little back to the future.

There is about 200,000 kiwi's in SE QLD, it'd be one of the largest kiwi cities if it were in NZ, easily the largest outside of NZ. So plenty of people to appeal to

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Not necessarily. Kalyn Ponga = Exhibit 1. If he plays our game, it will not be in our jersey. Who can blame him?
If you're glass was half full you'd look at exhibit 2 through 200 - current members of the national, Super rugby and first grade teams all over the country.

We don't get them all, but we get alot

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I would like to get Ponga, that is for sure.

Ponga is a strange case, he's actually born in Australia but has indicated he'd strive to play for the All Blacks if he changed. Would be interesting to see where his allegiance stood if he were to play for the Kangaroos also counts himself as a proud queenslander

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Ponga is a strange case, he's actually born in Australia but has indicated he'd strive to play for the All Blacks if he changed. Would be interesting to see where his allegiance stood if he were to play for the Kangaroos also counts himself as a proud queenslander

In League he's declared for Australia. It being the country of his birth and were he was raised.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
It all makes perfect sense. Sadly.

Does it? I'll never understand thr whole selective nationality thing. Technically speaking I'm Irish having been born to at least one native born Irish citizen who lived in Ireland for at least the first 18 years of her life. But if I were to be in the position pf reresenting either in anything it would be the place of my birth and upbringing.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Does it? I'll never understand thr whole selective nationality thing. Technically speaking I'm Irish having been born to at least one native born Irish citizen who lived in Ireland for at least the first 18 years of her life. But if I were to be in the position pf reresenting either in anything it would be the place of my birth and upbringing.
But if you weren't good enough to represent your birth country, or a better pathway was available in your mother's country, would you take that opportunity?

Think most would play for birth country first. Sometimes better opportunities exist for the other country.

Ask yourself, why so many pacific islanders choose Aus or NZ or anything but their birth country.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
But if you weren't good enough to represent your birth country, or a better pathway was available in your mother's country, would you take that opportunity?

Think most would play for birth country first. Sometimes better opportunities exist for the other country.

Ask yourself, why so many pacific islanders choose Aus or NZ or anything but their birth country.

It’s more the inconsistency than anything else. As for PI players. The answer is money. But for Ponga that’s not the case as his earning capacity playing for either side in either code is comparatively similar.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
That's a fucking great result. Sorry for the use of language but that kind of rating is usually only reserved for Tahs and Reds games when they are looking the goods. And it was a pretty good game to boot.

Ha ha not to worry. Yep the numbers so far are loooking good!

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Ha ha not to worry. Yep the numbers so far are loooking good!

The numbers should be fairly good for tonight's game as well. Just imagine how much better they could be if RA actually promoted the damn competition.

Edit: It beat the AFL JLT Series game. And comfortably enough at that. That's actually an achievement.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
From what I can find from the games we've hosted in Aus where up around 10% (I think I've got all of the games) from last season Aus average of 71k to a touch over 78k. If the Aus teams can manage to continue to win or at the very least make the opposition have to really work for it hopefully we can maintain if not top 80k. Which would be great leading into TV talks.