• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2024 schools rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

isacc_fanua

Bob McCowan (2)
I can confirm that 7 of the rowers in the tks yr 10 first 8 are quitting, they were bullied out of the sport by our coxswain

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't believe so.

SIDE NOTE: Henley have just changed their schoolboy eight category to classify as a junior eight (u19). So technically the GPS could fund and send the eight to compete at Henley. This is just an idea but I would definitely love to watch that.
Was tried about 14 years ago but ran into some GPS technical issue blocking it. The Kings and Shore boys were good to train and go.

ScullDoctor

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone have any predictions for the 1st VIII for kings, shore or riverview as they seem like the schools to watch out for this season?

OR_Premiers90

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey guys,

This is my predicted First VIII for the boys in the blue and white stripes for the 2024 season.

Bow: Phoenix Graham
2nd: Sebastian Zukerman
3rd: Tom Hartman
4th: Harrison Davis
5th: Charlie Harrison
6th: James Heir
7th: Jack Ward
Stroke: Ambrose Hennessy

Very competitive year at View, so many class rowers and I have no doubt that they will have the best depth in the GPS this season. Have the potential to be as/more dominant as last year if they work for it. The inclusion of the two current year 10's should add more size and strength to the team. Having the likes of Hennessy, Hartman, Graham, Harrison and Zukerman with experience in the Second VIII last season, the boys will be looking dangerous out on the water this season.

Please let me know any thoughts.

FF (Folau Fainga'a)

TheCarefulKingsman

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey guys,

This is my predicted First VIII for the boys in the blue and white stripes for the 2024 season.

Very competitive year at View, so many class rowers and I have no doubt that they will have the best depth in the GPS this season. Have the potential to be as/more dominant as last year if they work for it. The inclusion of the two current year 10's should add more size and strength to the team. Having the likes of Hennessy, Hartman, Graham, Harrison and Zukerman with experience in the Second VIII last season, the boys will be looking dangerous out on the water this season.

FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a
I know i have to right to say this being my age and not attending Riverview anymore but my Predicted View 8 will look something like this
Bow: TJ or Bsull (unfortunately)
2nd: Walter Walker or James Heir
3rd: (undecided)
4th: Seb Zukerman
6th: Zach Hyde
7th: Tom Hartman

Once again this is my Predicted Riverview 1st 8 sorry if i offended anyone i am just a pale old Riverview old boy. please respond and share your Thoughts.

isacc_fanua

Bob McCowan (2)
I know i have to right to say this being my age and not attending Riverview anymore but my Predicted View 8 will look something like this

Once again this is my Predicted Riverview 1st 8 sorry if i offended anyone i am just a pale old Riverview old boy. please respond and share your Thoughts.
Walter Walker in the 1st 8, quite an accusation. being in the 4s last year stepping up to the 1st 8 even an 8 itself is quite a step up. The word is he's okay in the skiff due to his low body weight and decent power-to-weight ratio, but do you think he is able to hop in the 8 and really put some watts down, I am unsure what is your opinion on this Troy?
- Fonua

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)

Surely Pheonix Graham (6 Seat, 2nd VIII 2023) gets a mention in the View 1st VIII

Vai a Riva

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey guys,

FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a)

Let's all calm down with these so called "predicted" crews. I know its all very exciting with the start of racing season approaching, but as evident through some of these predicted crews there seems to a lack of knowledge. For example, baseline athletes such as James Hehir is a big unit, if I have identified the right guy from last year's 1st IV, and putting him in the 2 seat of an eight simply wouldn't add up. Also, from what I've heard there seems to be a few "up-and-comers" in the Riverview program this season. I'm all for a few jokes here and there but lets not get too carried away with false information.

The Peanut Gallery

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone have a prediction for the King's VIII for this upcoming season? Very interested to see how they will blend a successful year 10 Eight with a strong Year 11 cohort last year.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Let's all calm down with these so called "predicted" crews. I know its all very exciting with the start of racing season approaching, but as evident through some of these predicted crews there seems to a lack of knowledge. For example, baseline athletes such as James Hehir is a big unit, if I have identified the right guy from last year's 1st IV, and putting him in the 2 seat of an eight simply wouldn't add up. Also, from what I've heard there seems to be a few "up-and-comers" in the Riverview program this season. I'm all for a few jokes here and there but lets not get too carried away with false information.
Fair enough, but if you do spot these kind of things, please point them out to help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.