• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS CRICKET 2023

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can really see view having a good crack at a premiership this year

good some great batsman coming back particularly in the top order with the likes of Alex Lee young and Tesoriero

twoandahalfback

Bob McCowan (2)
View definitely have a strong team but I believe most of their bowling attack from last year were year 12, so will be interesting to see who they turn to. Scots also have a lot of talent, having one of the youngest teams in last year's comp. I am interested to see how shore grammar and kings go, shore had some seriously good young players last year, and kings will definitely have a strong outfit off the back of last year's success. Grammar did have a relatively old team last year but with 2 year 11s making Gps i can also see them winning a lot of games.

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
View definitely have a strong team but I believe most of their bowling attack from last year were year 12, so will be interesting to see who they turn to. Scots also have a lot of talent, having one of the youngest teams in last year's comp. I am interested to see how shore grammar and kings go, shore had some seriously good young players last year, and kings will definitely have a strong outfit off the back of last year's success. Grammar did have a relatively old team last year but with 2 year 11s making Gps i can also see them winning a lot of games.
Yep they definitely lose a few bowlers. They also lose Matt Sidhu who has been awesome for view the last few years.

twoandahalfback

Bob McCowan (2)
As I understand it, all of View's attack from last year (Newton O'Connor Harris Sidhu O'Grady) will graduate. However as you said, Lee Young and Tesoriero will come back as well as Angus Grover who can help with the bowling I believe. Teams like Kings and Grammar may struggle this year seeing as their teams last year was mainly year 12s, so teams like scots shore and view will benefit from younger players who already have experience in opens

CasualObserver

Bob McCowan (2)
As I understand it, all of View's attack from last year (Newton O'Connor Harris Sidhu O'Grady) will graduate. However as you said, Lee Young and Tesoriero will come back as well as Angus Grover who can help with the bowling I believe. Teams like Kings and Grammar may struggle this year seeing as their teams last year was mainly year 12s, so teams like scots shore and view will benefit from younger players who already have experience in opens
Kings belted everyone in the 2nds comp. I think the will be ok, unfortunately.

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
Exclaimer: View Old Boy

This year View have some special talents, especially in the younger age groups. For bowling, View have the Likes of Will Spora in YR10 as well as Sam Beamen in YR11. These two bowlers should be the 1st XI Pacers and the Spinners will be more difficult to decide, Ill get back to this Forum once I have a better idea of spinners.

twoandahalfback

Bob McCowan (2)
Kings belted everyone in the 2nds comp. I think the will be ok, unfortunately.
I think you're right, the young players in the 2nds will carry some quality through into this year but it doesn't help that most of their 1sts from last year have moved on. Having won 25 games across their teams last year they undoubtedly have talent, however the likes of Scots and Riverview may compare better seeing as they have players who already played 1s last year

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)

This year View have some special talents, especially in the younger age groups. For bowling, View have the Likes of Will Spora in YR10 as well as Sam Beamen in YR11. These two bowlers should be the 1st XI Pacers and the Spinners will be more difficult to decide, Ill get back to this Forum once I have a better idea of spinners.
I'd say Sam Dillon will slot in for view as an off spinner

Muffin special

Frank Row (1)
Hey guys muffin here

Far out man am I pumped for this up coming cricket season. Its so even this year every game will come down to the wire.

Couple of players I've got my eyes on are Will Adlam. (S) Man this kid is something special he loves his crakers with special sauce but anything outside off is going for four.

amazingadelaide

Bob McCowan (2)

Gents,

Stoked to see a cricket forum up and about!

Looking at the results from last year the View 2nds bowling contingent was largely Year 11 and 10s (and were quite good) so I expect them to back up for the 2023-24 season. Young Sam Dillon should be their primary spinner after a good year in the juniors and a 2s debut last year with Sam Wright trundling some part-timers also. However, it is a shame to not see 2 dayers return, I feel it's not contributing to developing young cricketers' whole skillset particularly as they move to grade cricket post-school. Nonetheless should be a good comp.

AA

amazingadelaide

Bob McCowan (2)
What are everyones predictions for the season what will the ladder look like.
Way too early but something like this.

1. Scots or View
2. Kings
3. Grammar.
4. Joeys.
5. New
6. Shore
7. High.

Scots and Views batting should be the best of the lot this year but cricket is a funny game.
Kings should have some good young players coming through a successful 2s team and always boast a good team. Grammar had some good year 11s that will back up so expect them to be knocking about. Joeys were a bit top heavy with their main contributors being year 12s so I expect a decline of some sort. New have some good younger players but I’m not sure about their depth. And shore and high didn’t boast too much overall younger talent last year and I think will fight it out in the mid to lower table

Love to hear others thoughts.

Last edited:

CasualObserver

Bob McCowan (2)

1. Scots or View
2. Kings
3. Grammar.
4. Joeys.
5. New
6. Shore
7. High.

Scots and Views batting should be the best of the lot this year but cricket is a funny game.
Kings should have some good young players coming through a successful 2s team and always boast a good team. Grammar had some good year 11s that will back up so expect them to be knocking about. Joeys were a bit top heavy with their main contributors being year 12s so I expect a decline of some sort. New have some good younger players but I’m not sure about their depth. And shore and high didn’t boast too much overall younger talent last year and I think will fight it out in the mid to lower table
Kings could be a very young side. There were three yr9 boys in the 2nds, who will no doubt push up.

Last edited:

twoandahalfback

Bob McCowan (2)

1. Scots or View
2. Kings
3. Grammar.
4. Joeys.
5. New
6. Shore
7. High.

Probably a little unfair to shore, they had some quality young players already playing firsts last year, including will sutton, toby robinson and thomas fuzes. Not sure about how young their seconds were, but they were a strong team also. I think joeys could struggle, as most of their strongest players were in year 12 as i understand it. Not sure at all about new

TheRugbysmoker185

Allen Oxlade (6)

1. Scots or View
2. Kings
3. Grammar.
4. Joeys.
5. New
6. Shore
7. High.

I think shore will be strong, Toby Robinson, Will sutton, Alex Seagart. They also have young kids such as Matt Melville and Frazer Pandit. Despite their 16s age group being weak last year their will be one or two kids that will play 1s this year. I have shore as a smokey to win this year.

CasualObserver

Bob McCowan (2)
What is the policy of most schools regarding the stronger underage kids playing up? I see Riverview and Kings have some young players.