• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS CRICKET 2023

amazingadelaide

Bob McCowan (2)
What is the policy of most schools regarding the stronger underage kids playing up? I see Riverview and Kings have some young players.

I don’t believe it’s an issue for most schools I think each is different but cricket being a non contact sport often allow Year 9s upwards play. Then there is the case if you’re good enough you’re old enough for those in year 8 and sometimes year 7 but extremely rare cases.

twoandahalfback

Bob McCowan (2)
What is the policy of most schools regarding the stronger underage kids playing up? I see Riverview and Kings have some young players.
I think most schools start looking at bringing age group players up from 15s or older. Kings especially in the last few years have had numerous players in their opens who are in year 9/year 10. Last year View had Tesoriero who was from 15s, and a few from 16s too. Shore and Scots also had players from year 9 and 10 I believe. Only schools who might have a policy against it are grammar and high but I think even they bring up players from 16s. Not sure about 15s though. Only player I can remember playing who was younger than 15s was matt sidhu in 2019

amazingadelaide

Bob McCowan (2)
I think most schools start looking at bringing age group players up from 15s or older. Kings especially in the last few years have had numerous players in their opens who are in year 9/year 10. Last year View had Tesoriero who was from 15s, and a few from 16s too. Shore and Scots also had players from year 9 and 10 I believe. Only schools who might have a policy against it are grammar and high but I think even they bring up players from 16s. Not sure about 15s though. Only player I can remember playing who was younger than 15s was matt sidhu in 2019

I am interested to see how Tesoriero backs up his debut year in the 1s, finished with a hundred against Newington which was a big achievement for the young man. Would it be wrong to pencil him in for a top 5 run scorers this season?

Let me know your thoughts.

AA

twoandahalfback

Bob McCowan (2)
I am interested to see how Tesoriero backs up his debut year in the 1s, finished with a hundred against Newington which was a big achievement for the young man. Would it be wrong to pencil him in for a top 5 run scorers this season?

Let me know your thoughts.

AA
Hard to predict this thing but he has already showed that he has the talent to do so. I think he was in the top 10 run scorers last season anyway. Not only that 100, but also a 50 against Grammar which you could argue won them the game there. I can see him doing exceptionally this year

black and white

Frank Row (1)
Hugo Arnott looking to break into the Scots college 1s for the 2023-2024 season after an outstanding performance over the last year. He will bring some fire into the bowling attack alongside the likes of Will Johnson and Ned Mcfluffybunnyy. Really hoping the kid will hold his own on the batting side of things moving into this season.

Blood Sweat and Beers

Stan Wickham (3)
Hard to predict this thing but he has already showed that he has the talent to do so. I think he was in the top 10 run scorers last season anyway. Not only that 100, but also a 50 against Grammar which you could argue won them the game there. I can see him doing exceptionally this year
He was 3rd highest overall with over 500 runs, not bad for a kid who started the season in yr8.

Blood Sweat and Beers

Stan Wickham (3)
Anyone got any predicted teams for the season? I think views will shape up very strongly, based on stats from last year,
(Team from last year)

1) Tesorerio (1stXI)
2) McCarthy (2nd)
3) Lee-Young (1st XI) (c) (wk)
4) Wright (1st XI)
5) Feilen (16A)
6) Grover (1st XI)
7) Dougan (1st XI)
8) Sinclair (2nd XI)
9) Smith (2nd XI)
10) Dillon (2nd XI)
11) Beaman (2nd XI)

Lot of experience returning from the same team that finished the season 7/2 from the last 9 games, Plus a bowling attack that won view 2s a lot of games last year, Thoughts?

Kristian ENOS Armstrong

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone got any predicted teams for the season? I think views will shape up very strongly, based on stats from last year,
(Team from last year)

1) Tesorerio (1stXI)
2) McCarthy (2nd)
3) Lee-Young (1st XI) (c) (wk)
4) Wright (1st XI)
5) Feilen (16A)
6) Grover (1st XI)
7) Dougan (1st XI)
8) Sinclair (2nd XI)
9) Smith (2nd XI)
10) Dillon (2nd XI)
11) Beaman (2nd XI)

Lot of experience returning from the same team that finished the season 7/2 from the last 9 games, Plus a bowling attack that won view 2s a lot of games last year, Thoughts?
Can see Dan Smith having a breakout season with having a poor season last year he's bound to bounce back and create havoc in the First XI. I also believe Dan Saunders is making a return to cricket and has a chance at 1/2 XI this year. He was in the 11,12,13A's in the past so I believe he can have a real impact. Especially due to him building pace from the previous summer athletics season

cricket

Frank Row (1)
Probably a little unfair to shore, they had some quality young players already playing firsts last year, including will sutton, toby robinson and thomas fuzes. Not sure about how young their seconds were, but they were a strong team also. I think joeys could struggle, as most of their strongest players were in year 12 as i understand it. Not sure at all about new
Old Joeys Boy.
Didn’t Robinson average very low? I think their team is looking too young, i believe view will come out on top.

amazingadelaide

Bob McCowan (2)
Old Joeys Boy.
Didn’t Robinson average very low? I think their team is looking too young, i believe view will come out on top.
Only one score above 30 for Robinson in the 1s last year, however I understand a lot can change in a year and he could be prime for a better second year with his first season under his belt.

cricket

Frank Row (1)
Only one score above 30 for Robinson in the 1s last year, however I understand a lot can change in a year and he could be prime for a better second year with his first season under his belt.
He’s in u16 NSW squad so would’ve had to been training hard over the winter. He could be a wildcard for the shore team.

apple man22

Frank Row (1)
Way too early but something like this.

1. Scots or View
2. Kings
3. Grammar.
4. Joeys.
5. New
6. Shore
7. High.

Scots and Views batting should be the best of the lot this year but cricket is a funny game.
Kings should have some good young players coming through a successful 2s team and always boast a good team. Grammar had some good year 11s that will back up so expect them to be knocking about. Joeys were a bit top heavy with their main contributors being year 12s so I expect a decline of some sort. New have some good younger players but I’m not sure about their depth. And shore and high didn’t boast too much overall younger talent last year and I think will fight it out in the mid to lower table

Love to hear others thoughts.
I disagree. I think shore has potential this year. they are a very young team. they have toby robinson (yr 10) and will sutton (yr 11), 2 nsw players, but they also have segeart (yr 11) who is handy with the bat and the likes of fraser pandit (yr 10) and matty melville (yr 10), who can bowl handy off spin), tom fuzes (year 9), sam walton (year 10) who took a bag of wickets in the second half of the season and ben hocking (yr 10) who lead the gps 1st comp in wickets. they should easily see them coming in the top 3. i think the other two top 3 teams will be scots and kings. scots have the likes of will adlam (yr 11) and they also have some very good bowlers who took lots of wickets last season playing again and could be dangerous. kings retain aryan gupta (yr 10) and everett oxenham (yr 11) plus they are apparently doing some off season recruiting to reinforce their bowling stocks, and will be very dangerous this year with those additions. they also have a very good cricket program and a lot of young players played 2s. those are my top 3 teams. view and grammar would battle it out for 4th, newington, joeys, high would be the order after that. just my opinion

Boats and Hoes

Bob McCowan (2)
Its obvious that Scots or Riverview are favourites. However, will they have the same domination as Kings Last Year? The Likes of Fergus 'bash the wicket' Fergusson and Sid 'Motormouth' Singh have left alongside Jordan Netto and Liam Weerakoon. Will be hard for Kings to come back, unless some magic is inspired by Aryan 'Horsey' Gupta and Ev 'Big Beak' Oxenham.

Boats and Hoes

Bob McCowan (2)
Very excited for the new forum for cricket. Its a shame they didnt have one last year, when kings were putting opposition to the sword. Yes, a few losses were a given out of pity, I'm pretty sure King's were just too cooked, especially after a big holiday with Ev 'Big Beak' Oxenham digging into the cruisers and Aryan 'Gorilla' Gupta smashing burgers out like their tic tacs. I'm still a bit unsure how King's will go this year, but enoughs already been done with the shield back in the gates of the Blue and White.

horseman123

Frank Row (1)
I think Tom Fuzes is going to have a really good season as he played his first game in year 8 taking 2fa. I think he’s got a lot of talent and he will be a key player for the shore XI. i’m excited to see how he goes and also how shore goes as they got a strong bowling line up with Sam walton and Ben hocking and also in the batting line up with Toby Robertson. I think shore will go really well this year and have a chance of wining the comp this year.