• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS CRICKET 2023

ScrumAndCoke!

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think shore will be strong, Toby Robinson, Will sutton, Alex Seagart. They also have young kids such as Matt Melville and Frazer Pandit. Despite their 16s age group being weak last year their will be one or two kids that will play 1s this year. I have shore as a smokey to win this year.
Couldn't agree more. I'm pretty sure the 16's cricket at shore only had 1 team last year and as a result, had a disappointing season due to some players being there solely because there were no more teams but anyway, there are definitely some 1's players this year who were playing 16a's last year. Can't wait for the season to kick off, I think Shore 1's has a decent chance at making the top 3.
- ScrumAndCoke!

ScrumAndCoke!

Frank Nicholson (4)
I have a strong belief that Will Adlam (S) has a very strong chance of being the best in the GPS this year! He has played at some high level teams and is looking his strongest for this season.
-Scrum

AAGPSCricketGlory

Frank Row (1)
Daniel Smith Seems likely to play 1XV rugby as he was 2XV Best Forward this year and is going into his third year of Opens Cricket playing 2XI in YR 10, 2XI in YR11 and he aims to play 1XI this year.
Yeah completely agree, a well rounded athlete who will be pushing to make a GPS team for cricket this year.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lift your game , all, the level of posting is rubbish, plenty deleted and a few very close to banning.
Same rules apply as for other schoolboy forums.

Boats and Hoes

Bob McCowan (2)
King's going for 6 in a row in the 2s. Seems like other schools have dropped the ball a little bit. King's 1s will be strong (LOL) , hearing that Charlie 'ZestFest' Maple-Brown is in for a big one. After being mentored last year in the form of getting absolutely bombed, smacked and clarted in the nets last year, he's honed his skills and getting ready to tear GPS apart.

OR_Premiers90

Bob McCowan (2)
Fellas,

Anyone have any first XI predicted lineups for Riverview, curious to see peoples opinions considering the competition this year.

Mine is as follows:
1) Tesorerio (1st XI 2022/23)
2) Osbourne (2nd XI 2022/23)
3) Lee-Young (1st XI 2022/23) (Captain) (Wicket Keeper)
4) Wright (1st XI 2022/23)
5) Feilen (16A XI 2022/23)
6) Grover (1st XI 2022/23)
7) Dougan (1st XI 2022/23)
8) Sinclair (2nd XI 2022/23)
9) Mason (2nd XI 2022/23)
10) Smith (2nd XI 2022/23)
11) Beaman (2nd XI 2022/23)

Honourable Mentions:
Dillon (2nd XI 2022/23)
McCarthy (2nd XI 2022/23)
Will Spora (2nd XI 2022/23)

Open to criticism but overall I think this will turn out very similar to the final team. Honourable mentions could slot in anywhere but I think they will go with the 11 I picked based on previous form.

ORP

Blood Sweat and Beers

Stan Wickham (3)
Fellas,

Anyone have any first XI predicted lineups for Riverview, curious to see peoples opinions considering the competition this year.

Mine is as follows:

Honourable Mentions:
Dillon (2nd XI 2022/23)

Open to criticism but overall I think this will turn out very similar to the final team. Honourable mentions could slot in anywhere but I think they will go with the 11 I picked based on previous form.

ORP
Liam McCarthy will 100% start opening the batting,
M.Mason if picked will bat top 6, and Smith will bat higher.

Boats and Hoes

Bob McCowan (2)
Liam McCarthy will 100% start opening the batting,
M.Mason if picked will bat top 6, and Smith will bat higher.
Fellas,

Mine is as follows:

Honourable Mentions:
Dillon (2nd XI 2022/23)

ORP
Had a look at this. Will be heavily reliant on Lee-Young and Tesorerio. Rest are passengers dont know them. Neither has the lack of firepower or all-round X-Factor that King's had last year. I feel the comp will not be as high quality as last year.

Boats and Hoes

Bob McCowan (2)
Playing on the swamp at Riverview, its not a testament to the skill of the team but rather the coin toss. Anyone who bats first, just be prepared for an early beer at the Northern after. Grounds-wise, some schools need to step it up in order to get quality cricket in.

On the other note, I've heard Will Adlam might not be playing GPS this year. In his exact words 'I'm too good for this comp' might turn back on him. I've also heard he will bowl more this year. However, be prepared for Aryan 'Horse' Gupta who is clarting and thwarting all King's bowlers in the nets at the moment, and will be licking his lips for Adlam's juicy hand grenades which he'll loop down the wicket.

ScrumAndCoke!

Frank Nicholson (4)
Playing on the swamp at Riverview, its not a testament to the skill of the team but rather the coin toss. Anyone who bats first, just be prepared for an early beer at the Northern after. Grounds-wise, some schools need to step it up in order to get quality cricket in.

On the other note, I've heard Will Adlam might not be playing GPS this year. In his exact words 'I'm too good for this comp' might turn back on him. I've also heard he will bowl more this year. However, be prepared for Aryan 'Horse' Gupta who is clarting and thwarting all King's bowlers in the nets at the moment, and will be licking his lips for Adlam's juicy hand grenades which he'll loop down the wicket.
C mon mate if your a schoolboy making fun and talking up your friends please leave.
-Scrum

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
I have to say that Alex Segeart is looking more and more to be a force for the Shore 1st XI this year - his ability to play off both front and back foot makes him a force to be reckoned with and I have a high sense that he will be a likely contender for GPS selection

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)

I think this comment from Adlam proves he's actually not that good - if we look at his school averages there awfully low for a player of his caliber - either he is going to have a huge season or a really low season but will not be surprised if he plays really well for rep and club teams

ScrumAndCoke!

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think this comment from Adlam proves he's actually not that good - if we look at his school averages there awfully low for a player of his caliber - either he is going to have a huge season or a really low season but will not be surprised if he plays really well for rep and club teams
The records show that he has had some seriously remarkable seasons for club and rep teams but has lacked in Scots cricket, not to say he has played bad but he hasn't lived up to his club and rep team standard of playing. Hopefully he does this season.
-Scrum

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
The records show that he has had some seriously remarkable seasons for club and rep teams but has lacked in Scots cricket, not to say he has played bad but he hasn't lived up to his club and rep team standard of playing. Hopefully he does this season.
-Scrum
I have to agree- the adlam hype has not been what most parents has expected