• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Advice on Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Don't. I'm in Joburg and off to look at shiny bits of coal tomorrow. Even despite getting 14% back, even despite going through the girlfriend of one of my mates, which girlfriend is in the trade, I expect, courtesy of Cecil Bastard John Bastard Rhodes and his bastard De Bastard Bebastardeers and their bastard price-bastard-fixing-bastard cartel to be a lot poorer this time tomorrow.

Diamonds are forever se ma. Pray for me, boys... :-\

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
PaarlBok said:
Thomo were you at yesterdays test?

I watched it in Vilankulos surrounded by Blou Bulle. Who, despite claiming in bloody horrible Afrikaans that they were all huge fans, stopped watching about half-way through to concentrate on Jagermeister.

After having been in Namibia, Zambia, Moz and the WP and NC, I can now say two things; one, the Western, Afrikaans-influenced half of Southern Africa works, the Eastern, English-influenced half doesn't; two, when you see Blou Bulle on the piss, you can actually understand where Lord Milner was coming from...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
I watched it in Vilankulos surrounded by Blou Bulle. Who, despite claiming in bloody horrible Afrikaans that they were all huge fans, stopped watching about half-way through to concentrate on Jagermeister.
Tipies. :lmao: Why do we have the Brute supporters on the advice on women thread. :nta:

S

Spook

Well done Aussie D :thumb My wife has a gutful of arms and legs that is due to emerge on 21 November 8)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Spook said:
Well done Aussie D :thumb My wife has a gutful of arms and legs that is due to emerge on 21 November 8)

Crikey, Spook, you've kept quiet about this. Firstly, congratulations, and, secondly, hope all goes well for your spare rib and offspring. Is this one your first?

Me, I'm a bit further along the road of parenthood. Just this weekend we've been organising suits and Christ knows what else, at great expense, for end-of-school formals, etc. for His Majesty when he leaves school in a month or so. Spooky, 18 years to go. Good luck. ;D ;D ;D

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lind so you start a bit late hey. My second one, a girl also in her last year and only a week or so formal school left and then year end exams. Oldest one a big 22 year old boer son. On his way in Jan to the UK and I am worried like hell about him to survive in the big city.

Spookie time now to put on on the fingers & toes broer, job aint finished just yet!

S

Spook

This is the first. 31 weeks now and my wife is growing exponentially. Starting to feel real now. :eek: The bub will be eligible to play for Oz or Ireland. :D

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Spook, good luck to your spare rib and you. My sincere advice would be to enjoy every moment of your new offspring as a baby and young 'un as it all goes so quickly. My wife has become quite maudlin over our bloke leaving school next week and I must confess there are times when I miss him as a little bloke. He's now a 6'3'' giant, and wonders why his rugby coaches always put him in the second row! ??? ??? ???

Enjoy every moment with your new baby, even when getting up in the middle of the night; believe it or not, that will come to an end.

S

Spook

Thanks Lindommer. You may have grandchildren soon enough. Funny how the wheel keeps turning.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
OKay boys,
I'm in trouble again (or will be soon). Yesterday I went out (didn't tell my wife where exactly) to my old rugby clubs AGM and have found myself nominated for a position as general committee member. Now I have to find the courage to tell the wife and a way to get her to agree to me standing on the board. Any ideas?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Gracefully turn down your nomination. After you've stepped into your time machine.

Oh wait... you've already accepted.

Explain to her that they were really in a bind and wanted someone with your history and reputation in the club. Also point out that its a good way of making new contacts (as your board interacts with others) and its only a minor drain on your time, gets you out of the house, and is also a great opportunity for social networking once the bub gets a bit older.

Beyond that, learn to say no! :)

M

Mainlander

Aussie D said:
OKay boys,
I'm in trouble again (or will be soon). Yesterday I went out (didn't tell my wife where exactly) to my old rugby clubs AGM and have found myself nominated for a position as general committee member. Now I have to find the courage to tell the wife and a way to get her to agree to me standing on the board. Any ideas?

Don't be a girl just tell her as your leaving for work.
Try doing it on a day you expect to be home late.
Your the man and tell her so...

You've just about to have a kid so she wont leave you and you weren't going to get any sex for the next 6-9 months anyway.
Think of cooking for yourself as your way of doing your bit.
Earplugs..... keeps out the baby crying as well.

And by this time next year when you can quit the Committee you've have proved your the boss and still allowed her to win.
Don't worry too much about future ramifications, I'm sure you'll make worse stuff ups that you will be made to suffer for far longer, hell having a kid means your lifes not worth living anymore anyway.

M

Mainlander

NTA said:
Get me some eggs bitch! Right Musslander? :)

Dead right Nick, however I'm not dumb enough to expect them served on a plate all nice and ready to eat but Know they would be served via Air and still in their shells (at least until they hit me anyway). This would be followed by a period (measured in days or weeks depending on the severity) of silence. This however is something I cherish. Silence is golden, the constant on and on wall of words makes the TV hard to hear and is responsible for me developing hearing problems, (well that, the burst eardrums, Diving, loud music and Industrial noise from my youth)

Just saying that we (us males - Nick excluded) seem to try so hard to be good yet always still end up on the couch that why should we bother, just accept the fact the couch is going to be were you mainly sleep so buy a comfortable one and get used to it. At least that way we get to do something we really want to but just know..... Sorry dear.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Mainlander said:
NTA said:
Get me some eggs bitch! Right Musslander? :)

Dead right Nick, however I'm not dumb enough to expect them served on a plate all nice and ready to eat but Know they would be served via Air and still in their shells (at least until they hit me anyway). This would be followed by a period (measured in days or weeks depending on the severity) of silence. This however is something I cherish. Silence is golden, the constant on and on wall of words makes the TV hard to hear and is responsible for me developing hearing problems, (well that, the burst eardrums, Diving, loud music and Industrial noise from my youth)

Just saying that we (us males - Nick excluded) seem to try so hard to be good yet always still end up on the couch that why should we bother, just accept the fact the couch is going to be were you mainly sleep so buy a comfortable one and get used to it. At least that way we get to do something we really want to but just know..... Sorry dear.
Ag you two give the guy some bad advice here. :nta: AussieD you may end up on the cough but evetually you just have to do the make up part. The longer you go there the more difficult it gets. So dont try to even go that far. Just go and tell her thats what you want to do because its your passion make or break and try not to end on the coucg but rather behind the wit boude. Best place on earth!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Mainlander said:

Yeah that's the truth - make sure your couch is long enough for you too. Ours is damn comfortable but I have to sleep in the foetal position or with my legs raised. I wake up unable to walk due to blood flow issues to my lower legs.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My turn to contribute. My wife is going away for 4 days for a work conference meaning I am Mr Mum for the time being. Was thinking I would miss her and the kids will be a handful each night...BUT she's come down with her period and the resulting moody temperment mean I am looking forward to MY holiday over the next few days. Nice timing.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have been to harsh. We've just had an aweful night with the youngest. Next to no sleep for the third night in a row and she handled it all very well, regardless of her 'condition'.

Status
Not open for further replies.