• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saints Boarder

Hey guys, I used to be a boarder at Peters and I'm a good friends a Mo's and yes he has broken one of the main bone in his ankle and he will be out for the rest of the season unfortunately.

stevet

Stan Wickham (3)
How is singing the school song in any way unsportsmanlike? It was Back to Shorncliffe Day, the last home game for those First XV boys (excluding the Year 11s) they will ever play, isn't it right and just that they sing the school song to show their pride in their college and thank the supporters for their years of support and for the supporters to also thank the players in return. Regardless of opinions on whether the ref was bias/bad or whatever, it was a galiant effort on behalf of both teams nonetheless and both have the right to belt out their school song with as much pride and passion as they wish. I'm sure if it was your last home game as a First XV player and you lost you would want to join with your brothers in singing your school song with pride. Be humble in your win and don't criticise other schools for simply being proud of themselves and their schools.
Don't get me wrong the boys from Pats should be proud of the effort they produced on the field they had no control over the decisions being made they played to the whistle regardless of what tune it was playing and yes they have every right to sing their school song it is just a matter of where and when they chose to do so poor form.

I

iluvfooty

can anyone tell me why tevita folau isnt playing for eddies ive heard? he just got selected for qld schoolboys league (along with rory humphries, massive achievement making schoolboys considering all the competition from the keebra and palm beach boys) so im guessing he would have been a valuable member for the already strong eddies xv

Saecom

Peter Burge (5)
Mate give ashgrove credit were credit is due. The ashgrove team defended there line courageously for a good 10 minutes and SLC just weren't good enough to break the ashgrove line. Ashgrove players should hold there heads high, getting the win with limited oppurtunities.

Yes I will agree with that ... Ashgrove did defend tenaciously so full credit to them for that ... It is just that I am accustomed to Ashgrove teams that appear well drilled (and this side did not) and with real sting in attack (and this side did not) ..

U

UselessWinger

Don't get me wrong the boys from Pats should be proud of the effort they produced on the field they had no control over the decisions being made they played to the whistle regardless of what tune it was playing and yes they have every right to sing their school song it is just a matter of where and when they chose to do so poor form.

As an old boy, they always sang the school song when I attended St Patrick's and i think it's great that they have maintained the tradition. I don't see whats wrong with the time and place.

R

Ruck Lover

OKAY LETS CUT THE NONSENSE.
Ruck lover is the name, rugby is my game. I'm Here to end and disscomunicate any arguments within this forum.
welcome to my world.

RUCK LOVER SIGNING OFF

I

IGS85

Mate give ashgrove credit were credit is due. The ashgrove team defended there line courageously for a good 10 minutes and SLC just weren't good enough to break the ashgrove line. Ashgrove players should hold there heads high, getting the win with limited oppurtunities.
I agree, you can debate the strength of current and past Ashgrove sides all you like but the truth is you never get an easy game against them and they more often than not take out the close ones. They are still the premier AIC rugby school by a good margin, and this is from an Eddies supporter.

I

IGS85

can anyone tell me why tevita folau isnt playing for eddies ive heard? he just got selected for qld schoolboys league (along with rory humphries, massive achievement making schoolboys considering all the competition from the keebra and palm beach boys) so im guessing he would have been a valuable member for the already strong eddies xv
Tavita has an arrangement with the school to play 2nds Rugby while his main focus is on league, it is a good compramise as he plays the game he loves while still having a run with his school mates, he also benches for the Firsts.

W

Water-Boy

Pats Vs Eddies

A game that will be remembered for all who attended curlew park, score line 36 eddies over pats 31.

Claims to be that the referee was dyslexic? I can't draw the line between iinterpreting words wrongly with reffing a First 15 game.

Now laying down some facts throughout the game

- The referee's penalty distribution was even throughout the entire game, giving good and bad calls both ways. Eddies claim they were 'cheated' even though they still won? They can't take their win without being bad sportsmen towards the pats community.

- First half score was 31 - 5 to eddies, second half score was 26 - 5 to pats. Overall eddies came out with the win, but the emotions from the pats crowd lifted up the 15 on the field and drew them close to a victory against the favourites of the competition.

- Rumors has it that eddies didn't field a full strength team, although all players that played the rep carnival came back and backed up for the saturday's game, but to pats disadvantage one of their key backs ended up pulling an injury in the rep tournament which put him out of the game.

- The 'Back to Shorncliffe Day' (Old Boys Day) fielded a huge crowd to come down to support the 60 year anniversary trademark event, this crowd was a key element to the fight back from the pats team. Down at half time by 26 points, the boys could have turned it in and let it be another repeat of the pats vs peters game. The hardship, emotion and courage put in by the team and the supporters created a second half that would test the resilience and perseverance of pats and eddies. From the 4 rounds this would be the closest eddies has come to loosing.
- The game was down played, comparing eddies (The power house of 2012) against pats (The favourites to take out the wooden spoon). But the score line shows a different view point.

- For the patties boys, Saturday was their last home game ever for the grade 12's, the last time they will run on and off that field representing there school and wearing the old butcher stripes. Following the end of the game, they gathered with their supporters, linked arms and sung the school song loud and proud. Yes traditionally the winning team sings their school song but seeing as the pats boys put in such a gallant effort and almost pulled through and also seeing as its their grade 12's last time at curlew park they thought it would be necessary to go on with it. This is in my eye is fine, just shows the spirit of the school.

- Taking nothing away from eddies, they are a top notch team and definitely are made out to be the favourites of the competition this year, the game on Saturday definitely would have to be an eye opener. Almost losing their premiership chances will create a determined and a destructive eddies team for the coming weekend against Ashgrove. I think we all know that the Ashgrove team should be scared and worried about the weekend coming.

- Two close games for pats against two powerhouses of AIC will bring the best out of them and hopefully they can finish off the season with a few wins. The close games against Ashgrove and eddies prove to show that this squad has talent and potential that has been hidden.

- Eddies stand outs, definitely the number 2 and 6 what machines! the 10 was a good shifter with the ball and definitely number 12, solid ball carrier, solid defender, all round good player. Pats stand outs, the number 1 (captain) showed great leadership skills and took a big step up this season playing prop for the first time, definitely shows great understanding and skill, number 8 scoring a double with great ball running and defence, also received a cut above the eye but came back on shortly after being patched up, the half back communicating well giving great balls and maximizing space out wide and in short, linking with a new 4th strength fly half that has been discovered with potential. Both forward packs had a good hit out and were even at scrum and lineout time.

Overall a great game, I enjoyed taking my Saturday off away from GPS rugby to watch the AIC boys produce a close and powerful game. AIC competition this year has definitely taken a step up.

rugby rugby rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
enough about last weekends games, there history now. Moving forward with round 5 having some very interesting games!

Round 5

Villanova Vs. St. Peters
Iona Vs. St. Pats
St. Laurences Vs. Padua
St. Edmunds Vs. Ashgrove

Thoughts?? GO!

stevet

Stan Wickham (3)
As an old boy, they always sang the school song when I attended St Patrick's and i think it's great that they have maintained the tradition. I don't see whats wrong with the time and place.
Then it's not the fault of the players its poor form handed down

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
enough about last weekends games, there history now. Moving forward with round 5 having some very interesting games!

Round 5

Villanova Vs. St. Peters
Iona Vs. St. Pats
St. Laurences Vs. Padua
St. Edmunds Vs. Ashgrove

Thoughts?? GO!

Villanova Vs. St. Peters - This game should prove to be a close one. St. Peter's nearly lost in the last quarter of last weeks game against a brave Padua side that is still awating a win after 3 very close games. Villa have shown some good skills in their games so far. However, I'm backing the saints to win by 12.

Iona Vs. St. Pats - Pats surprised everyone with a brave come back against eddies to only go down by an unconverted try. Iona look to be favourites, but who knows what could happen. Pats boys might back up with a bit more confidence in themselves. I'm tipping Iona to win by 12 as well.

St Laurence's Vs. Padua - Both teams will be very hungry for a win, especially Padua. Lauries after last week will be down from a loss against their arch rivals, Marist Ashgrove. As stated before, Padua have been brave this season and have lost their games in very close contests. This game should be a good one to watch due to both teams desperately wanting to get points on the board. I'm tipping Padua to finally win their first game but only just, by a close 7 points.

St Edmunds Vs. Ashgrove - Definitely the biggest game of this years season. I feel that if St Edmund's win this one then they will go on to win the premiership undefeated. It's very hard to predict this game, backing up on last weeks results. Eddies had a nervous finish against St. Pats. However, that may be a wake up call. The Ashgrove boys will fight till the very end like they usually do and could pinch a victory at Ipswich. After last years loss, I am predicting Ashgrove to bounce back and win by 8 points.

This round looks like there will be very close games. It will be very interesting to see what happens. Emotions will boil over at some of the games this saturday for sure.

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)

Round 5

Villanova Vs. St. Peters
Iona Vs. St. Pats
St. Laurences Vs. Padua
St. Edmunds Vs. Ashgrove

Thoughts?? GO!

Villa v Peters - Not too sure about Villa this year, haven't really heard enough about them to provide an educated tip. Peters backline is dealing with a myriad of serious health concerns, so it depends on how the replacements play (15, 14). Probably tighter than people will expect, i'm going Peters by 15
Iona v Pats - I would say Iona but Pats looked to have improved tremendously against Ash. Iona by 10
Lauries v Padua - Padua looked very average, I don't think they will win a game this year., Lauries by 12
Eddies v Marist - Match of the round, Ashgrove will have to play their best game of the year to beat an excellent side from Eddies. At least one other school will be looking for an Ashgrove win but it will be very difficult. SEC by 17

I

IGS85

A very balanced view of a very exciting game, full marks to the boys from Pats, they really stuck it to Edddies and have done them a huge favour ahead of their game with Ashgrove. The ref was a bit whistle happy but it went both ways and he got Eddies out of trouble a few times in the second half. No excuses from the Eddies boys, they simply did not show their opposition enough respect and very nearly paid the price.

A game that will be remembered for all who attended curlew park, score line 36 eddies over pats 31.

Claims to be that the referee was dyslexic? I can't draw the line between iinterpreting words wrongly with reffing a First 15 game.

Now laying down some facts throughout the game

- The referee's penalty distribution was even throughout the entire game, giving good and bad calls both ways. Eddies claim they were 'cheated' even though they still won? They can't take their win without being bad sportsmen towards the pats community.

- First half score was 31 - 5 to eddies, second half score was 26 - 5 to pats. Overall eddies came out with the win, but the emotions from the pats crowd lifted up the 15 on the field and drew them close to a victory against the favourites of the competition.

- Rumors has it that eddies didn't field a full strength team, although all players that played the rep carnival came back and backed up for the saturday's game, but to pats disadvantage one of their key backs ended up pulling an injury in the rep tournament which put him out of the game.

- The 'Back to Shorncliffe Day' (Old Boys Day) fielded a huge crowd to come down to support the 60 year anniversary trademark event, this crowd was a key element to the fight back from the pats team. Down at half time by 26 points, the boys could have turned it in and let it be another repeat of the pats vs peters game. The hardship, emotion and courage put in by the team and the supporters created a second half that would test the resilience and perseverance of pats and eddies. From the 4 rounds this would be the closest eddies has come to loosing.
- The game was down played, comparing eddies (The power house of 2012) against pats (The favourites to take out the wooden spoon). But the score line shows a different view point.

- For the patties boys, Saturday was their last home game ever for the grade 12's, the last time they will run on and off that field representing there school and wearing the old butcher stripes. Following the end of the game, they gathered with their supporters, linked arms and sung the school song loud and proud. Yes traditionally the winning team sings their school song but seeing as the pats boys put in such a gallant effort and almost pulled through and also seeing as its their grade 12's last time at curlew park they thought it would be necessary to go on with it. This is in my eye is fine, just shows the spirit of the school.

- Taking nothing away from eddies, they are a top notch team and definitely are made out to be the favourites of the competition this year, the game on Saturday definitely would have to be an eye opener. Almost losing their premiership chances will create a determined and a destructive eddies team for the coming weekend against Ashgrove. I think we all know that the Ashgrove team should be scared and worried about the weekend coming.

- Two close games for pats against two powerhouses of AIC will bring the best out of them and hopefully they can finish off the season with a few wins. The close games against Ashgrove and eddies prove to show that this squad has talent and potential that has been hidden.

- Eddies stand outs, definitely the number 2 and 6 what machines! the 10 was a good shifter with the ball and definitely number 12, solid ball carrier, solid defender, all round good player. Pats stand outs, the number 1 (captain) showed great leadership skills and took a big step up this season playing prop for the first time, definitely shows great understanding and skill, number 8 scoring a double with great ball running and defence, also received a cut above the eye but came back on shortly after being patched up, the half back communicating well giving great balls and maximizing space out wide and in short, linking with a new 4th strength fly half that has been discovered with potential. Both forward packs had a good hit out and were even at scrum and lineout time.

Overall a great game, I enjoyed taking my Saturday off away from GPS rugby to watch the AIC boys produce a close and powerful game. AIC competition this year has definitely taken a step up.

[/quote]

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
i heard dean van heteren swemmer was a shunt and isnt even in the marist firsts?

He was brilliant last year and would have easily made Churchie's starting XV again. Unless it's attitude problems I can't see why he wouldn't make the Marist 1sts. That's either a troll or the most surprising news I've heard all year.

rugby rugby rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
My prediction for Aic 1

1. Aaron Sorridimi - Villanova
2. Andrew Manu - St Edmunds
3. Alex Hatzis - St. Laurences
4. Lachlan Roe - St. Edmunds
5. ??
6. James treby - Villanova
7. Brad Wilkin - Iona
8. Tom Richter - padua
9. Joel Lui - Villanova
10. ??
11.??
12. Rory Humphries - St. Edmunds
13. Brannagh Corcoran - Iona
14. Moses Rambi - St. Peters
15. Wilson Bennett - St. Edmunds

Side notes: I have yet to see Ashgrove play so i am unaware of there team and have yet to see a dominant 10 but this would be my team

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
My prediction for Aic 1

1. Aaron Sorridimi - Villanova
2. Andrew Manu - St Edmunds
3. Alex Hatzis - St. Laurences
4. Lachlan Roe - St. Edmunds
5. ??
6. James treby - Villanova
7. Brad Wilkin - Iona
8. Tom Richter - padua
9. Joel Lui - Villanova
10. ??
11.??
12. Rory Humphries - St. Edmunds
13. Brannagh Corcoran - Iona
14. Moses Rambi - St. Peters
15. Wilson Bennett - St. Edmunds

Side notes: I have yet to see Ashgrove play so i am unaware of there team and have yet to see a dominant 10 but this would be my team
isnt moses rambi out for the season with a broken ankle??

Status
Not open for further replies.