• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ruck Lover

Possible AIC 1 for this year?

1. Aaron Sorridimi - Villanova
2. Andrew Manu - St Edmunds
3. Alex Hatzis - St. Laurences
4. Lachlan Roe - St. Edmunds
5. ??
6. James treby - Villanova
7. Brad Wilkin - Iona
8. Tom Richter - padua
9. Joel Lui - Villanova
10. Liam Anderson - St Patrick's
11. ??
12. Rory Humphries - St. Edmunds
13. Brannagh Corcoran - Iona
14. ??
15. Wilson Bennett - St. Edmunds

Tubba

Stan Wickham (3)
He was brilliant last year and would have easily made Churchie's starting XV again. Unless it's attitude problems I can't see why he wouldn't make the Marist 1sts. That's either a troll or the most surprising news I've heard all year.
dean is in the Marist 2nd XV atm

V

Viss

Wouldn't pick Tom Richter if you paid me, one of the more overrated players in the league IMO.

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
Caltris, know any players other than St Peter's boys?

I don’t think its too unreasonable to include 4-5 Eddies and Peters players for AIC 1. They are both the only undefeated teams and have pretty much been on a higher tier than the other teams with Marist probably coming in second. I have no idea how any Padua player could be included in the starting 15, let alone the 8 when there have be very good 8’s from Eddies and Iona. Also, the 13 from Iona is no where near an AIC1 level outside.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
My prediction for Aic 1

1. Aaron Sorridimi - Villanova
2. Andrew Manu - St Edmunds
5. ??
6. James treby - Villanova
7. Brad Wilkin - Iona
8. Tom Richter - padua
9. Joel Lui - Villanova
10. ??
11.??
13. Brannagh Corcoran - Iona
14. Moses Rambi - St. Peters

Side notes: I have yet to see Ashgrove play so i am unaware of there team and have yet to see a dominant 10 but this would be my team
I'd have Briskie from Padua at #9, Knox from Ashgrove at #10, Butterworth from Lauries at #5, Holt from Iona at #7 with Wilkin playing #8. Wingers might come from either Eddies or Peters. Van Heteren didn't play firsts on Saturday so not sure if he is gonna be a chance for selection but he'd be one of the wingers if he plays firsts over the next 3 weeks.

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
Also does anyone know what the go is for Schoolboys is this year? Is the draw later in the year because the GPS season only begins in term 3 :s

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
I'd have Briskie from Padua at #9, Knox from Ashgrove at #10, Butterworth from Lauries at #5, Holt from Iona at #7 with Wilkin playing #8. Wingers might come from either Eddies or Peters. Van Heteren didn't play firsts on Saturday so not sure if he is gonna be a chance for selection but he'd be one of the wingers if he plays firsts over the next 3 weeks.

How could you possibly have Briskie at 9 when the Peters 9 completely outplayed him in every facet last weekend?

U

Up and Jam

From a realiable source I have heard that Marist number 10 should be playing number 9. Apparently he got selected for club rep as a brilliant nine and would have gone further if it wasn't for an injury in his final game. Not sure how the current nine got his position? heard something like he's the coaches son?

M

michael Simon

isnt moses rambi out for the season with a broken ankle??
Rambi from Peters is gone for the whole season. He'l be on the side from now onwards. His been in great form for st peters and is most likely their "go to man" when things jam up but i believe the peters boys will pull it off without one of their best.
St peters 10 and 11 will make AIC easily. 10 needs to play out of the pocket but should be alright.
its going to be a big game for them against a powerfull eddies team. Peters by 12

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
How could you possibly have Briskie at 9 when the Peters 9 completely outplayed him in every facet last weekend?
I didn't see the St. Peters Vs. Padua game last weekend. However I reckon Briskie is a possible candidate for AIC 1 no. 9. He has had 3 years in First XV including this year, and he has been a great player for Padua especially in last years premiership team. While he may have had a bad game on the weekend I reckon he has proven that he can be selected IMO.

Saecom

Peter Burge (5)
Though I am not fan of Ashgrove (as earlier posts attest!) I think that Ashgrove will have a few in AIC I .... eg the 10 (Knox?) is a good player ... I was not aware he is a half and I also heard the current Ashgrove 9 (who is VERY ordinary) is the son of one of the coaches ... bit hard to work out how some on this forum pick 2 or 3 Iona forwards and no Ashgrove forwards when they were dished by the Ashgrove forwards round 1?? Assuming St Eds knock over Ashgrove & St Peters (which I think they will) I imagine there will be 5 or 6 St Eds players with 2 or 3 from both Ashgrove & St Peters with the others coming from the rest .... history would say that is pretty much how it usually goes ...

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
erossi93 answers your question KVG91, you don't play 3 years of firsts if you're a mug. I'd also have Grey from SPLC at #6 ahead of Treby.

Rugby Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
My prediction for AIC 1

1. Gareth Ryan- Padua
2. Shaun Lawrie- St. Peters
5. Sam Butterworth- St. Laurences
6. Lachlan Grey- St. Peters
7. Brad Wilkin - Iona
8. Andrew Manu - St Edmunds
9. Cameron Knox- Ashgrove
10. Jordan Tkatchenko - St. Peters
11. Will Dums - St. Peters
13. Brayden Torpy- Villa
14. Narhyl Bennett - St. Peters

are you joking ???
Manu is a hooker and one of the best in AIC why would you slip him to eight and what about the villa prop he was a stand out in previous matches

B

BrisbaneRugby93

Up and Jam is clearly a St Peters troll with nothing between his ears... Manu will play hooker in rep duties and Brayden Torpy is out for the season with a broken arm. Also where is Sorridimi in your "AIC 1" front row... And KVG91, Iona's number 13 played QLD 16 Red last year at starting outside and is signed with the Broncos. Yes he hasn't exactly fired this year yet (is playing about 75% with a knee injury) but if he isn't at this "AIC 1 Level" that you speak of then who is? In regards to St Peters players selected in AIC 1, i would have said definately Rambi at either wing or fullback, but obviously he is out of the race now with his broken ankle. Other players with possible chances would be the 10 Tkatchenko and the 11 Duma, other than that i cant see any other backs in the mix for AIC 1 and i didnt take much notice of the forwards.

P

pick and go

Up and Jam is clearly a St Peters troll with nothing between his ears... Manu will play hooker in rep duties and Brayden Torpy is out for the season with a broken arm. Also where is Sorridimi in your "AIC 1" front row... And KVG91, Iona's number 13 played QLD 16 Red last year at starting outside and is signed with the Broncos. Yes he hasn't exactly fired this year yet (is playing about 75% with a knee injury) but if he isn't at this "AIC 1 Level" that you speak of then who is? In regards to St Peters players selected in AIC 1, i would have said definately Rambi at either wing or fullback, but obviously he is out of the race now with his broken ankle. Other players with possible chances would be the 10 Tkatchenko and the 11 Duma, other than that i cant see any other backs in the mix for AIC 1 and i didnt take much notice of the forwards.
The st peters 10 is over rated! seriously you would have the ash 10 and the peters 9 in the halves combo. people do not know how to rate players these days

B

BrisbaneRugby93

Notice how i said "other players with POSSIBLE chances" when referring to the Peters' 10; never once did i rate him as a quality player. Personally im yet to see a number 10 stand up and have a serious go at the AIC 1 jersey and in my opinion that spot is open to anyone at this stage of the season. And how can you speak of over-rated players then say the Peters' 9 will be in? He has not impressed in the games ive seen of Peters. I haven't seen him play yet this season but id say St Lauries scrumhalf Damon Bingham would have a good shot at the AIC 1 number 9. Great pass, box-kick, defence as well as good game-sense and vision. Definately wouldn't be surprised if he took it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.